News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Just off a still and seeing the title I knew Ben-Hur wasn't watching. If it aint 4 hrs directed by one of the best directors why remake it?

Is a Star Trek movie even thread worthy these days? :lol:

I like these movies because unlike SW and Marvel, I never know a damn thing and can enjoy the movies for what they are.

Bump the old one and just tell the OP to change thread title.

I was going to but all I saw was from the first film and I think it had like 66 posts? :lol: OP might not even be active anymore or just plainly don't care anymore. :rofl:

And I agree with JayPesoz, I am the same way, I have no prior knowledge of the series so all are new to me. Khan didn't really bother me while it pretty much made every Star Trek an mad. I also liked how they reset the whole movie from the start.

I didn't care that the Star Trek movies weren't faithful because I don't even like Star Trek. It's not even because I like Star Wars. Star Trek has just never appealed to me.

Yea I wasn't a big Star Trek fan as a kid.. Watched a handful of the movies but remember very little from them

I mean it was cool that they took a more scientific approach to exploration of the galaxy and all that jazz.. And there was a clear difference between them and Star Wars..

But again I just remember actors from the different crews and a handful of moments

Well, that dumb **** Sunshine used to tell me that Star Wars stole from Star Trek and that Trek was the superior product, then 2 billion happened, and Sunshine is dead. :lol:

What happened to that dude? And he probably only said that cause Zoe is in it.
laugh.gif
I asked the same question and I think he just left NT 
laugh.gif
 I swear he had some strong convictions on his views in the Marvel Movie thread lol

I'll probably watch the 3rd film, although I'm not sure what to expect without Abrams directing.

I love Star Wars. Specifically the Next Generation.

It's a tv thing though and it's not for everybody.

I see why Trekkies were mad @ the Khan take on Into Darkness but that's been the angle they've been taking since restarting in a new universe. Didn't bug me as much. The movie just could've been better.

The new star wars and star treks just seem to be rehashing old stories. A new story would be refreshing.

I enjoyed the force awakens but as i'm watching the movie i'm thinking why are they just following the same outline / template as the original movie from almost 40 years ago. There are enough talented writers out there to give us an amazing story.

Well they both were done by JJ

But Star Wars just reminded us of the good elements of the 1st 3 films.. Like sampling aspects of an old song to create something new, sure the old song deserves to be credited.. But you can see a difference

I think they were just doing this to reintroduce that whole world to a new generation and get rid of the stink of the prequels

Star Trek basically stole the ending of one of the previous movies.. And jj said he tried to be more Star Wars like in his making of Star Trek, but I took that to mean more action

It's the guy from GotG. They'll probably just give him a blue rubber suit again anyways so it can work.

Back
Top Bottom