News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

The Rock confirms Jumanji reboot details on Instagram

Following speculation that MTV Movie Awards cohosts Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Kevin Hart were eyeing lead roles in a Jumanji reboot, the professional wrestler and Hollywood star took to Instagram Friday to confirm news that work is well underway on the project.

“It’s OFFICIAL: Love this script!” The Rock wrote as he shared a photo of himself holding the film’s script. “[To] have the opportunity to tell their stories in dope new ways to a whole new generation is truly an honor… We’ll produce and deliver to a whole new generation a title that I love and is one of my all time favs: There’s games you play for fun… then there’s games that change your life. JUMANJI.”

According to the rest of the San Andreas actor’s post, he’s currently working on the script for the film in collaboration with the company he founded, Seven Bucks Productions. Johnson also revealed the upcoming Jumanji film will shoot this fall, with Jake Kasdan (Bad Teacher) directing and Matt Tolmach (The Amazing Spider-Man) producing.

Johnson is also working on two other films adapted or rebooted from already-existing material. He is currently filming the Baywatch movie with Pamela Anderson, Zac Efron, and Priyanka Chopra, and is reportedly adapting Rampage, a series of video games, into a feature film.

Last edited:
Emma Stone Will Play The Evil De Vil In Disney's Live-Action 'Cruella'

In the wake of the whopping box office brought in by The Jungle Book this weekend, Disney just announced a slate of nine live-action movies based on popular fairytales. Nine!

Among them is a live-action adaptation of the story of the 101 dalmatians and its black-and-white-haired, fur-wearing villain, titled Cruella. No release date has been revealed, but we know who's going to play Cruella De Vil: Emma Stone.

‘Blade Runner 2’ Casts ‘Knock Knock’ Star Ana De Armas

The stunning Cuban actress will join Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford in the sci-fi sequel

“Knock Knock” star Ana de Armas has scored a leading role alongside Ryan Gosling, Harrison Ford, Robin Wright and Dave Bautista in the “Blade Runner” sequel that’s taking shape at Alcon and Warner Bros., it was announced Thursday.

Denis Villeneuve is directing the sequel, which is set several decades after the original.

http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/2003780/[/quote]

I legit thought this was an old pic of Madonna.

Wow. She's gorgeous. I def need to check out Knock Knock.

That Blade Runner 2 cast is lit.

Comcast Is Buying DreamWorks Animation for $3.8 Billion USD

Comcast-owned NBCUniversal is about to get a little more animated as the media giant has announced the acquisition of DreamWorks Animation, thus confirming the recently-surfaced rumors. DreamWorks Animation — the studio behind the likes of Shrek and Kung Fu Panda — is set to become part of NBCUniversal’s Universal Filmed Entertainment Group while UFEG’s Chris Meledandri will oversee operations as the DreamWorks Animation brand remains intact. Said Steve Burke, NBCUniversal CEO:

DreamWorks Animation is a great addition to NBCUniversal. Jeffrey Katzenberg and the DreamWorks organization have created a dynamic film brand and a deep library of intellectual property. DreamWorks will help us grow our film, television, theme parks and consumer products businesses for years to come. We have enjoyed extraordinary success over the last six years in animation with the emergence of Illumination Entertainment and its brilliant team at Illumination Mac Guff studio. The prospects for our future together are tremendous. We are fortunate to have Illumination founder Chris Meledandri to help guide the growth of the DreamWorks Animation business in the future.

DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg — who will become chairman of DreamWorks Animation New Media — added:

Having spent the past two decades working together with our team to build DreamWorks Animation into one of the world’s most beloved brands, I am proud to say that NBCUniversal is the perfect home for our company; a home that will embrace the legacy of our storytelling and grow our businesses to their fullest potential. This agreement not only delivers significant value for our shareholders, but also supports NBCUniversal’s growing family entertainment business. As for my role, I am incredibly excited to continue exploring the potential of AwesomenessTV, NOVA and other new media opportunities, and can’t wait to get started.

The deal — which should alleviate the problems DreamWorks Animation has faced since it began operating as a publicly-traded studio — is expected to become official before the end of the year and marks Comcast’s biggest acquisition since it purchased NBC from GE back in 2011. Valued at $41 USD per share, DreamWorks Animation’s purchase will ultimately cost $3.8 billion USD (a $4.1 billion USD equity value including debt).

As Variety points out, the deal is on par with the $4 billion USD Disney paid for LucasFilm in 2012 and the $3.96 billion USD it dropped on Marvel in 2009, but pales in comparison to 2006′s $7.6 billion USD deal for Pixar.

Last edited:
Vikander is the new Lara Croft

Alicia Vikander to Play Lara Croft in ‘Tomb Raider’ Reboot

“The Danish Girl” star Alicia Vikander has nabbed one of Hollywood’s most coveted leading roles.

Vikander will be playing Lara Croft in the MGM and GK Films’ “Tomb Raider” reboot, it was announced Thursday. Norwegian helmer Roar Uthaug is on board to direct.

While other actresses had met for the role, including Daisy Ridley, source indicate that Vikander had always been the first choice. The reason for the delay of announcement was that the studio was waiting for a new draft of the script, sources say.

I still don't think Hollywood knows how to adapt video games into good movies. Who knows? Maybe it's just not the right people making them.

The Ratchet & Clank movie comes out this weekend, but the reviews aren't the greatest. I'm still going to see it and form my own opinion because I've loved that franchise since the PS2 days.

I feel like sony is a day late and a dollar short with R&C...

I agree %100, but I'm also in the better late than never camp. Sly Cooper is coming out next year which is even later.

I don't know if I'm salty or happy that they never made that BioShock movie, because it could of been cool, but then again. The people making it probably wouldn't be competent. Can't be worse than the Resident Evil films though. :\

Forgot about Assassin's Creed. The franchise's story is so convoluted. I wonder how they're going to fix it for the movie.

Those RE movies though. I keep watching them and I don't know why. Worst interpretation of the characters. Retribution had one of the dumbest endings that is an obvious lead-in to the next and they still haven't put out the next one.

They need to wrap those up and reboot the RE films in a few years. Get someone like Guillermo del Toro who can do horror/action.

I think with all the money games are making nowadays, also the way comic book movies are booming, Hollywood is going to start taking game movies seriously.

All they have to do is get legit writes, directors and take the source material more seriously.

I actually liked the tomb raider movies. Helped that Angelina looked so damn good in them.

Still waiting on any new Mass Effect movie news. At this point i'd be happy with an animated movie.

Ha.

6GJWk.gif

Back
Top Bottom