News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Flashpoint affected one Earth/one universe it'd be crazy if what Flash does changes multiple Earths.

Ray just not existing would **** things up for LoT.

Last edited:
Warcraft currently at 21% on RT

despite this...

‘Warcraft’ Wows With China Pre-Sales Records; How Big Is Its Box Office Game?

Legendary Pictures and Universal Pictures’ big-screen adaptation of Blizzard Entertainment’s video game juggernaut, Warcraft, hits China on June 8, two days ahead of its North American release. This is a savvy move to target the world’s second largest box office market — which has a long and fervent history with the game — during a holiday period. Pre-sales are through the roof and climbing. But along with possibly setting new box office benchmarks, a Middle Kingdom win for Warcraft will also be a key moment for Legendary and its burgeoning relationship with Wanda .

Opening estimates on Warcraft’s five-day launch range from $100 million on the conservative end to about $150M. In local currency, I’ve been hearing 800M rmb to a possible 1B rmb which would put the range at $122M-$152M.

The Duncan Jones-helmed fantasy actioner has logged 136 rmb ($20.7M) in advance ticket sales as of Monday evening locally and currently has the third-highest midnight pre-sales total of all time, behind Furious 7 and Avengers: Age Of Ultron; it will pass the latter today. All of the 285 midnight Imax screenings have been sold out at 5.5M rmb ($837K); that tops record holder Furious 7’s 5.4M rmb ($822K at today’s exchange rates). Midnights kick off Tuesday night.

IMAX pre-sales for the full weekend are currently at $6M giving the format its best PROC advances ever. The Orcs and trolls have topped Captain America: Civil War’s $3.7M which was logged as of the day before opening. Azeroth will be seen in the Middle Kingdom in both 2D and 3D theaters.

Given all of those numbers, some are speculating that Warcraft could outpace Furious 7’s $391M total box office which set a record last year as the highest-grossing movie ever in the Middle Kingdom. It has since been overtaken by local titles The Mermaid and Monster Hunt.

PC games are a much bigger deal in China. Warcraft, Starcraft, etc. were all huge over there. They had less competition because consoles were banned for the longest time.

gotham's in its own bubble just chillin. Besides them casting fine women, I don't think there's any reason to watch that show.

These dudes got 2 dudes from NWA :wow:

Not going lie.. Between that and seeing Loki, not sure I'll be able to see past those castings

Like the whole time watching 'in the heart of the sea' I was like it's Thor and spidey

These dudes got 2 dudes from NWA
eek.gif

Not going lie.. Between that and seeing Loki, not sure I'll be able to see past those castings

Like the whole time watching 'in the heart of the sea' I was like it's Thor and spidey
Skull Island cast is STACKED

Added to Dre and Eazy E, (Mitchell and Hawkins), Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, Samuel L Jackson, John Goodman, Toby Kebbell, John C Reilly, and Thomas Mann

Like WOAH!!!

These dudes got 2 dudes from NWA :wow:

Skull Island cast is STACKED

Added to Dre and Eazy E, (Mitchell and Hawkins), Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, Samuel L Jackson, John Goodman, Toby Kebbell, John C Reilly, and Thomas Mann

Like WOAH!!!

Hope it doesn't have Gangster Squad syndrome :smh:

The Chinese dominate those type of games, no surprise.

You open that game up internationally, you talking to somebody in Asia that don't speak English.

Last edited:
Marvel Comic ‘Scarlet’ In Development As TV Series At Cinemax

Marvel/Icon title Scarlet is headed to television. It is currently being developed as a series at Cinemax. Marvel Comics writer and creator Brian Michael Bendis, who co-created Scarlett with artist Alex Maleev, let the news slip today that the property is being developed as a series at HBO. Deadline has confirmed that the project indeed is in development but at HBO sibling Cinemax. Bendis, co-creator of the Marvel character Jessica Jones and the long-running Marvel/Icon title Powers, both which have been adapted for television, spoke of the potential Scarlett TV series at the ATX Television Festival in Austin.

Speaking about his ongoing comics work, Bendis said “I do a book called Scarlet which is soon to be announced also in our universe of television. Not announced yet, but HBO.” Bendis was careful to add that the project is “at the earliest stage,” but that “the team around it…will be announced as soon as all are on the same page.”

First published in 2010, the series follows a rebellious young Portland, Oregon woman named Scarlet Rue who ends up sparking a second American revolution. Drawing comparisons to (among other things) The Punisher in tone, the series is known for confrontational politics and intense violence. As Bendis put it during today’s panel, “Scarlet is a list of things you can’t get made. Here’s a female lead who’s killing cops because her world is broken.” But, he says, “when it was sold it was sold to people who were actively looking for that, so that put us in a good place. So stay tuned.”

Like Powers, Scarlet runs on Icon Comics, the creator-owned imprint Marvel launched in 2004 in part to bring Bendis and his Powers co-creator Michael Avon Oeming and Kabuki creator David Mack over from Image Comics. Among other titles, Icon is also the home of Mark Millar’s Kick *** and The Secret Service, both of which received film adaptations directed by Matthew Vaughn. In addition to his Icon titles, Brian Michael Bendis is also the writer behind some of the biggest titles in the mainstream of Marvel Comics, including Ultimate Spider-Man and Age Of Ultron, with numerous elements from his work making their way into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Cinemax is having early success with the series adaptation of Robert Kirkman’s comics Outcast, which recently launched to record ratings.

Lol Warcraft is breaking records in China. China must be really into the video game.

I really had no clue what was going on the whole movie

Like I got it, plot wise.. But since I don't play the game, going assume a lot of the stuff meant more for those folks

The only ppl I would recommend paying to see it, are huge fans of the game.. That may give whatever was happening way more significance than I took from it

The giant eagle bird things were cool though

Back
Top Bottom