News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

I did a quick google and saw mummy 2 made 433 mil..

So I guess a reasonable over under is 400

If it goes under, look no further than Tom :nerd:

Can't call it at all with the Mummy but I assume given the actors they're getting for these movies it's going to be taken much more seriously than past iterations.

Cruise is in his 4th decade putting up huge numbers and dude is treating him like Tom ******* Arnold. :lol:

5 Mission Impossibles
Top Gun
Jack Reacher
Edge of Tomorrow
The Firm
A Few Good Men
Far and Away
Cocktail
Knight and Day
Days of Thunder
Tropic Thunder
Jerry McGuire
Eyes Wide Shut
Magnolia
All the Right Moves
Oblivion
Minority Report
Interview With a Vampire
Valkyrie
Collateral
The Last Samurai
War of the Worlds
Rain Man
Color of Money
The Outsiders
Vanilla Sky
Born on the Fourth of July

And upcoming Reacher, MI6, Mummy, Top Gun 2 (possibly) and Edge sequel, really?

That resume is incredible. Probably only behind Harrison Ford in total Box Office. One of thee most bankable actors in history, and not many of those movies are terrible. Well, Rock of Ages was. :lol:

He suffered a bit from his couch jumping days, but he's recovered nicely and is doing work in his early/mid 50's.

And all those films, he doesn't have 200+ credits like Sam Jackson or Morgan Freeman who are in 6 movies a year, he has less than 50 credits from the early 80's to today, mostly hits as well. You buggin fam.

Last edited:
I'm fully expecting this new Mummy movie to be a lot different than the Brendan Frasier films. I get the vibe that it's going to be starring Tom as a mummy and not about discovering mummies.

Naw, Mummy is a female this time. Tom has a new character portrayal.

He also has a new Doug Liman film coming out in January where he flies a drug running plane for the CIA in the 1980's. I'm gonna assume that'll be decent.

He's having a better run 2010-2019 than he did in the 80's or 90's. :lol:

Yah, here's the plot so far and SamJacks sidekick in Kingmans the Mummy.

Though safely entombed in a crypt deep beneath the unforgiving desert, an ancient queen whose destiny was unjustly taken from her is awakened in our current day, bringing with her malevolence grown over millennia, and terrors that defy human comprehension.

Toms character is also named Tyler Colt so it looks like another American(?) discovering/exploring the Mummy?

Interesting note, IMDB says Russell Crowe is playing Dr. Jekyll.

Current day Mummy is really interesting. I loved the Fraser version, but hot air balloons and 6 shooters was kinda weak.

I think Universal is gonna put together a real nice series here with all the names they're attracting, gotta be some good writing bringing them in.

Yah they are probably going to stay away from the Fraser version as much as possible.

Gibson as the Wolfman and Nic Cage as Dracula to get their careers back on track. Depp as Invisible Man. Arnold for Franskenstein? Stallone as Hunchback?

In all seriousness though, I'm still waiting for a Les Grossman spin-off.

Last edited:
Thought they would take advantage of Tom Cruise's star power to have him be the Mummy in the monster team-up they're building too.

Arnold for Frankenstein sounds amazing. I'd pay to watch that. :wow: :lol:

Last edited:

The trend these days is to go dark..

Independence Day was a light hearted, spirited affair. The one trailer I saw of the sequel makes it seem like it's not in the same vein. =/

Discouraging.

They're definitely going dark with The Mummy reboot. It's just the thing to do in Hollywood :rolleyes

Last edited:
I really don't think ppl will be returning en masse for the alien blue ppl and probably some Manifest Destiny war where they all get wiped out with disease ridden blankets.

Movie was always about the spectacle. All style and cgi advancements with mediocre substance, as the meme goes it just jacked Pocahontas' story.

Its almost been 20 years, we've seen better and gotten used to better so unless this movie is gonna bring out the new age cgi advancements and the movie can be seen in 5D I doubt multiple sequels will even repeat its original #s.

Last edited:
It's crazy Avatar is the highest grossing movie if all time, yet most people I know saw it once and never again. Hell I skip it when it comes in TV :lol:

Who was fiending for a Avatar movie other than the studio?

It's crazy Avatar is the highest grossing movie if all time, yet most people I know saw it once and never again. Hell I skip it when it comes in TV :lol:

Who was fiending for a Avatar movie other than the studio?

I only saw it once in theaters.

Did 3D movies cost more at that time?

Nah it's cause they marketed that you HAD to see it in 3D, so the majority went out and paid the extra price.

I think they missed the boat with avatar sequels..

Too much time has passed.. The stars of the movie aren't going bring people in.. And people have crapped on the original once it has gotten time to breath

If I see T2 on tv, I'm watching for a bit.. Avatar is on and I just continue flicking

Last edited:
Nah it's cause they marketed that you HAD to see it in 3D, so the majority went out and paid the extra price.

Not me. I don't let studios make me think I need to watch 3d. The theaters on the other hand sort of force it if they aren't offering 2d showings or only one or two showtimes for it.

No one overrates it. Seems like most of nt hated it while people I know in real life liked it.

Back
Top Bottom