News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Spielberg Says Lucas Will Be Involved Creatively in New ‘Indiana Jones’ Film

“George is going to be an executive producer on it with me,” the filmmaking icon told reporters on Monday during a press roundtable for his upcoming film “The BFG,” when it was suggested that — following the 2012 sale of the Lucasfilm properties to The Walt Disney Company and Lucas’ reported retirement from producing films — that Spielberg would make the recently announced fifth Indiana Jones film without his longtime friend and collaborator.

“Of course — I would never make an ‘Indiana Jones’ film without George Lucas,” Spielberg said. “That would be insane.”

The two moviemaking legends first concocted the film that would eventually become “Raiders of the Lost Ark,” the 1981 film that kicked-off the retro-flavored action franchise, while vacationing together in Hawaii during the 1977 release of Lucas’ original “Star Wars.” At the apex of their early Hollywood careers, they built out Lucas’ notion of a movie serial-style adventurer into a boundary-pushing stunt-driven blockbuster under Spielberg’s direction.

They also collaborated on each of the subsequent three sequels, and Spielberg promised that for the fifth outing, “George will be inputted in it.”

I really hope Fantastic Beasts doesn't suck. I read the plot outline for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child and I wish I didn't :x :x :x

I'm still pissed JK Rowling decided to release it in play format

That *****

Should've been a book

*edit

There was a Deathly Hallows thread? For the book or the movie? I don't remember that. I wasn't really on NT that heavily in those days though.

Last edited:
KONG: SKULL ISLAND Director Reveals King Kong's Size

Ever since Godzilla vs Kong was first announced, fans have been wondering just how big the giant ape will be in Legendary and Universal's reboot.

According to THR, Roberts' exact statement was, "This is going to be the biggest Kong there's ever been. Not 10 foot or 30 foot, but a 100-foot ape."

:pimp:

You guys think we will ever get a 2001 space odyssey sequel?
2010-poster01.jpg

Last edited:
I just got the sick feeling that a Shining remake may be inevitable :x

Stephen King himself never liked kubricks adapation though. It's a novel what's wrong with someone taking a stab at it.

As long as they try to tell a new take of the story and not try and remake kubricks movie then they'll be good, whoever does it,

That movie is just top 5 for me and I'd rather see it untouched. I honestly think the movie is better than King's novel but I never was as big of a King fan as other people are though.

Well they wouldn't be remaking Kubrick's Shining.

They'd probably try to more accurately adapt the book.

2010-poster01.jpg

Edit, i meant a reboot/remake.

I'll check out 2010 this weekend.
No. Why would they specifically remake 2001: A Space Odyssey :lol:

Its 2016.

They'd make 2100: A Space Odyssey or something.

Last edited:
they were showing that tv show on IFC over the weekend, I saw it on the channel guide and was ready to watch it and then dude from Wings was in it and I didn't remember it being in the film and thought I was going crazy :lol:

Kurbicks Shining followed after a few episodes though

Last edited:

2010-poster01.jpg

Its 2016.

Obviously it wouldn't be the same name, Master Smartypants.

Last edited:
So watched the honest trailer for pixels..

And there were really better options than sandler for this.. Man :smh:

Last edited:
And another one :lol:

THE ROCK TO ADAPT UPCOMING GRAPHIC NOVEL "SON OF SHAOLIN"

Although he's not starring in this one......... yet :lol:

2010-poster01.jpg

Its 2016.

Yes you are correct Master, what was I thinking suggesting such silly unthiughtful ****? Please please please forgive me.
Its cool b. All is forgiven.

Last edited:
Pixels had a concept that would've been movie gold if taken more seriously...

It started out promising and then they Adam Sandler'd that **** with all the bs that comes with his movies.

Back
Top Bottom