News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Will they please greenlight live action Voltron and Thundercats films.

Those along with Transformers were my top 3 cartoons in the 80s and 90s.

The Russo Brothers Adapting Cult Classic Gang Film ‘The Warriors’ For TV With Paramount And Hulu

Joe and Anthony Russo are taking a breather from the Marvel world to adapt cult-classic film The Warriors as a one-hour drama with Paramount TV and Hulu. The brothers will reimagine Walter Hill’s iconic 1979 film, itself an adaptation of Sol Yurick’s classic novel. Their take will honor the original film while adding its own unique brand of grit, pulp, sex and violence. The Russo brothers will team with writer Frank Baldwin on the series. There is no director attached yet.

Only way that show will work if it is set in the 70's or 80's

No modern day retelling

Take a look at a stylish new poster for SyFy's upcoming 13-episode Van Helsing series, which will star True Blood's Kelly Overton as the daughter of the iconic vampire hunter, Vanessa Helsing...

van-helsing-poster.jpg

Last edited:
Star Trek Beyond To Reveal Hikaru Sulu As Gay

Star Trek is known for being fairly progressive, but has yet to have a prominent gay character in its fifty year film and television history.

In 1996, it was said that Neal McDonough‘s character in Star Trek: First Contact, Lieutenant Hawk, was intended to be the first gay character in the series, but both producers and the actor deny it was ever planned.

Now it seems the Hikaru Sulu of the Kelvin Timeline will be revealed as gay in the upcoming Star Trek Beyond. The Sydney Herald Sun (via Towleroad) reports that the character will be seen with both a daughter and a same-sex partner in the film. According to actor John Cho, the decision was made by director Justin Lin and writer Simon Pegg in honor of the first man to play the part, George Takei.

“I liked the approach, which was not to make a big thing out it, which is where I hope we are going as a species, to not politicize one’s personal orientations,” added Cho. Of course, in some places, showing Sulu with in a same-sex relationship and a family unit could still be a revolutionary act.

In the original timeline, Sulu was presumed straight, though there is little evidence either way in either the original series or the first six Star Trek features. In the seventh film, Star Trek Generations, Sulu’s daughter, Demora, was revealed, but it is always possible he raised her with a same-sex partner.

Star Trek Beyond opens on July July 22nd.

they coulda just brought george in for a cameo with a man-alien sittin on his lap.

probably wont matter if the film doesnt do great financially...theyll probably just scrap the series

Damn this entire time I've been confusing George and Sulu :lol:

I thought Sulu was always gay but that was just George being himself.

Last edited:
Javier Bardem Eyed for Frankenstein Role in Universal’s Monster Universe

Having already filled its upcoming monster universe with A-list talent including Tom Cruise, Johnny Depp and Russell Crowe, Universal is now eyeing another star to revive a famous character.

Sources tell Variety that Javier Bardem is in talks to star as Frankenstein in Universal’s classic monster movie series. It’s currently unknown which monster feature Bardem would first appear in. Cruise and Crowe’s “The Mummy,” the first film in the monster series, is nearly done with filming.

Universal is also developing a “Bride of Frankenstein” feature, but sources indicate that Bardem’s Frankenstein would likely appear in another monster pic first with the possibility of getting a spin-off down the road.

Last summer, the studio tapped Alex Kurtzman (“Star Trek”) and Chris Morgan to help develop the monster pics as connected universe.

Ironically, Bardem had been approached about playing the Dr. Jekyll role opposite Cruise in “The Mummy,” but ultimately passed on the part, which opened the door for Crowe.

Bardem was most recently seen in Sean Penn’s “The Last Face” and is currently filming Darren Aronofsky’s untitled film opposite Jennifer Lawrence. He also has “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales,” which bows next summer.

As Frankenstein or his monster? I honestly think he could do either one and it's a great casting either way.

Last edited:
This Pokemon ressurgence on a mainstream level always comes outta nowhere to me.

I know it has diehards who never got tired of it but it says a lot they're willing to try and milk things again with a live action movie now.

Cgi Pokemon ain't the best idea but it depends on the budget I guess.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom