News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

I could really use a Short Circuit 3. I'm gonna build a life-sized Johnny 5 one day :D

Last edited:
Couple of Anime adaptation news...

Willem Dafoe Will Provide The Voice Of Ryuk The Shinigami In DEATH NOTE

Adam Wingard's (The Guest, You're Next) Netflix adaptation of Death Note has gained a very exciting new cast addition. According to Mashable, none other than Willem Dafoe (Spider-Man, Justice League) will provide the voice of Ryuk the Shinigami, or "Death God", in the live-action take on Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata's story.

Ryuk is an extra-dimensional being who survives by killing humans to extend his own life, and out of boredom gives Light Yagami (Nat Wolff) the notebook that sets him on his murderous path.

A Live-Action American SWORD ART ONLINE TV Series Is On The Way

A live-action Sword Art Online TV series is on the way! Ever since the premiere of the anime in 2014, SAO, as it's affectionately called, has arguably been the most popular IP in the genre. The project is being backed by a serious Hollywood heavyweight as Skydance Media has secured the rights from Kadokawa, with plans to fast-track the project. Skydance has produced such feature films as Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, Star Trek Into Darkness and Jack Reacher.

Oh geez. So the death note movie will keep the Japanese names of characters but have white people in the roles? Nice.

Oh geez. So the death note movie will keep the Japanese names of characters but have white people in the roles? Nice.
No. The only name that is the same is Light and his last name has been changed to Turner. The article is wrong. Oh and of course L but that's not Japanese at all

I'm not all that thrilled with an American Death Note but Dafoe as Ryuk is all the way on point :lol: They just gonna need a wig (maybe) and black and white paint. Not splurging on the costume/makeup dept.

Mannequin was good too.

If they do a remake of Big (Tom Hanks movie) i'm gonna smack somebody.

they kinda have already remade big in some ways
13 going on 30 with Jennifer Garner

Man I LOVE Short Circuit, I really hope they don't touch that.
If that's the case I'm willing to bet Bignis just some remake of some 50s, 40s and maybe even 30s movie concept :lol:

Last edited:
They could make Gremlins a real horrifying movie with practical and special effects. That girl's head popping up from the floor in the new Evil Dead movie still gives me the creeps.

They couldn't make it 2 secs long and add the prestige and memento :wow:

I'm in, obviously.. Nolan, fincher, Tarantino and Scorsese make anything and I'm in

Star Wars and marvel is on that list too.. And coogler

Last edited:
Damn. residenr evil been going on for a while. Didn't watch the last one. I don't even know what the story is about anymore.

“Game of Thrones” author George R.R. Martin has revealed that NBCUniversal’s Universal Cable Productions (UCP) has acquired the rights to the long-running Wild Cards series of anthologies and mosaic novels for television. Development will begin immediately on what they hope will be the first of several interlocking series.

The Wild Cards Are Coming... to Television

Universal Cable Productions (UCP) has acquired the rights to adapt our long-running Wild Cards series of anthologies and mosaic novels for television. Development will begin immediately on what we hope will be the first of several interlocking series.

The shared world of the Wild Cards diverged from our own on September 15, 1946 when an alien virus was released in the skies over Manhattan, and spread across an unsuspecting Earth. Of those infected, 90% died horribly, drawing the black queen, 9% were twisted and deformed into jokers, while a lucky 1% became blessed with extraordinary and unpredictable powers and became aces. The world was never the same.

The first volume of the Wild Cards series was published in 1986, and was a finalist for that year's Hugo Award, ultimately losing to Alan Moore's WATCHMEN. Twenty-two volumes have been published to date, with a twenty-third (HIGH STAKES) scheduled for hardcover release later this month, and three more in the works. Translations and reprints of many of the Wild Cards books and stories have been published around the globe, in France, Germany, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Russia, Japan, Italy, and the United Kingdom. Comic books, graphic novels, and role-playing games have also chronicled the adventures of the aces and jokers of the WC universe.

Last edited:
Gon' be weird seeing a jacked Crow.

Jason Momoa May Fly With THE CROW After Wielding AQUAMAN's Trident

After previous false starts with Tom Hiddleston, Bradley Cooper, Jack Huston and Luke Evans, Relativity Media is now said to be eyeing the upcoming Justice League star. Corin Hardy (The Hallow), attached to the most recent failed launch starring Luke Evans, is still set to direct the picture.

The biggest clue to the deal actually came from Momoa, who posted a picture with Hardy on Instagram, with the caption, "The only way to officially seal the deal as men Is a pint of black beauty," as the two shared a beer. Today, Mashable has confirmed that the two were sealing the deal on Momoa starring in the reboot of the role of Eric Draven, previously portrayed by Brandon Lee in the fan-favorite 1994 adaptation directed by Alex Proyas.

Last edited:
At the least with more roles he's getting I'll be able to see if Momoa can act or has real movie star potential.

Last edited:
It didn't help that their sequels were like b-level movies that would only replay on the sci-fi network when they had nothing else to show.

Momoa's good when he can play a beastly guy. He was really good in the Red Road tv series. He looked like he was born to play Khal Drogo in Game Of Thrones. That stallone movie he was good as the bad guy too. Too many things went wrong in that Conan remake.

Back
Top Bottom