News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

^ They got Kingpin D'Onofrio for that? Aimee Teegarden is also 
smokin.gif

I never watched the anime. They have those Arise movies on netflix though. Been meaning to watch them. Maybe after I finish Kuromukuro.

Last edited:
Christoph Waltz in Talks to Star in James Cameron's 'Alita: Battle Angel' (Exclusive)

Robert Rodriguez is directing the movie that is being produced by Cameron.
Christoph Waltz is in early negotiations to star in Alita: Battle Angel, James Cameron and Robert Rodriguez’s ambitious adaptation of the popular manga graphic novels.

Maze Runner actress Rosa Salazar is on board to play the title character of the potential Fox franchise starter that Rodriguez is directing. Cameron and his Lightstorm Entertainment partner Jon Landau are producing.

Set in the 26th century, Alita tells of a female cyborg (Salazar) that is discovered in a scrapyard by a scientist. With no memory of her previous life except her deadly martial-arts training, the woman becomes a bounty hunter, tracking down criminals. The action-adventure story is meant to serve as a backdrop to themes of self-discovery and the search for love.

If a deal is made, Waltz will play Doctor Dyson Ido, the cybersurgeon who finds the cyborg and becomes her mentor.

Fox is eyeing a fall start for a July 2018 release.

Christoph Waltz in Talks to Star in James Cameron's 'Alita: Battle Angel' (Exclusive)

Robert Rodriguez is directing the movie that is being produced by Cameron.
Christoph Waltz is in early negotiations to star in Alita: Battle Angel, James Cameron and Robert Rodriguez’s ambitious adaptation of the popular manga graphic novels.

Maze Runner actress Rosa Salazar is on board to play the title character of the potential Fox franchise starter that Rodriguez is directing. Cameron and his Lightstorm Entertainment partner Jon Landau are producing.

Set in the 26th century, Alita tells of a female cyborg (Salazar) that is discovered in a scrapyard by a scientist. With no memory of her previous life except her deadly martial-arts training, the woman becomes a bounty hunter, tracking down criminals. The action-adventure story is meant to serve as a backdrop to themes of self-discovery and the search for love.

If a deal is made, Waltz will play Doctor Dyson Ido, the cybersurgeon who finds the cyborg and becomes her mentor.

Fox is eyeing a fall start for a July 2018 release.

This sounds pretty cool

Besides Taratino movies I haven't seen a memorable Waltz performance. He's not terrible but he just seems to kinda phone it in a lot of movies

I think he was perfectly fine as Blofeld in Spectre.

He also got nominations for Big Eyes.

I blame the movies more than I blame him.. green hornet, three musketeers and spectre were all bad for other reasons outside of him

^ I think spectre was the only 1 of those 3 with a real chance to succeed.. but we all know craig didn't want to be there and everyone else seemingly followed suit

movie should have been good coming off of skyfall.. the talent was there

I do think he has to pick better roles though, seems like he just takes some of these roles for how big he thinks they may be.

I don't even think Craig is to blame for Spectre, I feel like he still gives it all (or most) in the film. It had the same director too, I think the script was just forced to tie everything together which made it mediocre.

Last edited:
^ yup.. I get doing three musketeers and green hornet before inglorious basterds to kinda get yourself out there..

like with Alicia vikander doing seventh son before ex machine.. you gotta kinda take what you can get early on before your big break

but I don't understand him doing them after that film.. spectre you can forgive him for

3 Muskeeteers and Green Hornet are actually after Inglorious.

But after Django, his choices wasn't so bad outside of Tarzan but that had Margot and who would say not to working with Margot in a wet dress? That's probably printed in big bold letter on the scripts they sent out: "MARGOT ROBBIE WILL BE DOING SCENE DRENCHED IN WATER" and got got everyone to sign up, well outside of SamJack because he probably didn't even bother with what movie it was, he just said hell yes when he saw the check. :lol:

Last edited:
I forgot all about three musketeers. Everything was wasted in spectre. Him being the "author of all Of James' pain" was such a reach. Such lazy connections.

Back
Top Bottom