News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

I've given up hope on that movie ever coming out.

He's gonna have to sell the rights to some studio if it's gonna come out in the next 5 years.

Don't go see blair witch, movie is basically a remake of the first one :lol:
I recommend matinee at a cheap theater if you just can't wait though

First Jumanji Pic

looks like it, reminds me of the cartoon series where it was pretty much set in the jungle

Idk about setting in the Jungle and making the cast all adults.

I do give it points for having The Rock and Karen Gillan in the same movie.

Will probably watch in the theaters.

Ehh I'm kinda disappointed. I really did want 3 grown men sitting around and playing the board game with shenanigans happening.

Ehh I'm kinda disappointed. I really did want 3 grown men sitting around and playing the board game with shenanigans happening.

What I thought they were going to do.

I hate when they have the female character dressed like that.

Everybody else is dressed for a trek through a jungle and she is wearing short shorts and a crop top :lol:

What I thought they were going to do.

I hate when they have the female character dressed like that.

Everybody else is dressed for a trek through a jungle and she is wearing short shorts and a crop top :lol:

Trueeee lmao

That's generally a Hollywood problem and not just a jumanji problem though. And since it's Karen Gillan, I'm not complaining.

to be honest, I've gon' hiking with chicks wearing practically the same thing but with a shorter pair of boots

can't complain about those legs though

that's what I thought this would be, all the animals being seen in this movie will be expected in the jungle

Chris Pratt the type of actor that makes you wanna watch pretty much any movie he's in.....dude has really done well for himself, has that Cruise effect.

Will watch Passengers, love those type of movies.

Chris Pratt the type of actor that makes you wanna watch pretty much any movie he's in.....dude has really done well for himself, has that Cruise effect.

Will watch Passengers, love those type of movies.

He also has that "You can hang with this dude" vibe. "Grab a beer with Star Lord" type vibe.

Toby Stephens To Topline ‘Lost In Space’ Netflix Remake, Maxwell Jenkins Co-Stars

Black Sails star Toby Stephens will steer the ship in Lost in Space, Netflix’s remake of sci-fi master Irwin Allen’s 1965 cult TV classic. Also cast in the 10-episode series, from Legendary TV, is Maxwell Jenkins (Sense8).

The new Lost in Space, slated for a 2018 premiere, takes its cues from the original series, centering on the Robinson family, who is forced to come together in a time of crisis. Stranded light years from their intended destination, they find themselves battling a strange new alien environment and also their own personal demons.

Stephens will play the dad, astrophysicist John Robinson, the expedition commander. The role was played on the original series by Guy Williams. Jenkins will play Will, the youngest Robinson child. They join Taylor Russell, who was recently cast as the Robinsons’ eldest daughter, Judy.

Lost in Space was written by feature scribes Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless (Dracula Untold). They executive produce with Zack Estrin, who serves as showrunner, Kevin Burns and Jon Jashni of Synthesis Entertainment, as well as Neil Marshall and Marc Helwig of Legendary TV-based Applebox. Marshall will serve as producing director and direct several episodes of the series.

The 1965 series, set three decades into the future (1997), revolved around an attempt by the U.S. to colonize deep space by sending a single family, the Robinsons, on a 5 1/2-year journey to another planet. But an enemy agent, Dr. Zachary Smith, sabotages the mission, causing the ship to veer off course and become lost in space.

English actor Stephens stars as Captain Flint on Starz’s Black Sails, which is ending its run with the upcoming fourth season. He is with Gersh and UK’s United Agents.

Jenkins, who has recurred on Netflix’s Sense8 and ABC’s Betrayal, will next be seen opposite Gerard Butler in The Headhunter’s Calling, which premiered at TIFF. He also is about to film War with Grandpa opposite Robert De Niro. He is with Primary Wave Entertainment.

The Dark Tower TV series will adapt Stephen King's Wizard and Glass
Idris Elba will appear - and producers reveal a map of the territory the story explores.

In honor of Stephen King’s birthday, the makers of The Dark Tower film are unwrapping their plans for the saga’s companion TV series.

The movie — starring Idris Elba as the gunslinger Roland Deschain, and Matthew McConaughey as the menacing Man in Black — opens on Feb. 17 and explores the hero and villain’s opposing quests to reach an otherworldly tower that connects their apocalyptic realm with ours.

Ever since the film project was first proposed, it came packaged with an unusual idea: a spin-off TV show that would fill in the fantasy epic’s prodigious backstory.

Now, sources at production company MRC and the film’s producer and co-screenwriter, Akiva Goldsman, have revealed to EW exclusive details about what they have planned for that series.

MRC and Sony Pictures, which is releasing the film, have committed not just to financing a pilot but a full run of between 10 and 13 episodes, depending on how the scripts and story arcs develop. The Dark Tower show will begin shooting in 2017 with plans to premiere it in 2018, ideally around the time the film becomes available on cable or streaming services.

Last edited:
'Deadpool' Bad Guy Ed Skrein Joins James Cameron's 'Alita: Battle Angel' (Exclusive)

James Cameron is producing the sci-fi action movie, which will be directed by Robert Rodriguez.
Deadpool bad guy Ed Skrein will suit up for Alita: Battle Angel, James Cameron and Robert Rodriguez’s ambitious adaptation of the popular manga graphic novels.

Skrein will once again play a heavy, closing a deal to join the cast that already includes Maze Runner actress Rosa Salazar, Christoph Waltz and Jackie Earl Haley.

Rodriguez is directing while Cameron and his Lightstorm Entertainment partner Jon Landau are producing for Fox.

Set in the 26th century, Alita tells of a female cyborg (Salazar) that is discovered in a scrapyard by a scientist. With no memory of her previous life except her deadly martial-arts training, the woman becomes a bounty hunter, tracking down criminals.

Skrein will play a character named Zapan, a villainous cyborg who is in possession of a weapon called the Damascus blade.

An October start in Austin is being targeted.

One Huge Way Alicia Vikander's Tomb Raider Will Differ From Angelina Jolie's Version

Last week, I had the pleasure of speaking with Rich Briggs, the Brand Director for Crystal Dynamics, the development studio behind the Tomb Raider game series. They've also been working very closely with the producers of the new Tomb Raider movie. I asked Briggs about the new film, and he was able to confirm something many had suspected...

This is the modern survival-action origin story time line as opposed to the classic [Lara Croft].

According to Rich Briggs, the one thing that we can be sure of with the new film is that it will be something very different.

I think when you think about [director] Roar [Uthuag] when you think about Alicia Vikander and the approach that they're taking it is always with that eye of delivering a new type of Tomb Raider movie, one that does take place within the modern timeline.

interesting choice for vikandor.. I guess I gotta see a trailer before I can 'see it'

no clue about the director

Last edited:
Nobody remembers Angelina's Tomb Raider.

However missed opportunity we didn't get Womb Raider XXX. Hopefully the powers that be do so this time around.

Back
Top Bottom