News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

not even sure if I should post anything thread related in here at the moment until we get some explanation :lol:

but this has caught my intrerest...

not even sure if I should post anything thread related in here at the moment until we get some explanation :lol:

but this has caught my intrerest...

While it looks interesting now that we've seen footage, still iffy on Max Landis writing. Other than Chronicle, I'm not a huge fan of his writing.

as far as Pixar goes I'm just trying to get to Toy Story 4 and Incredibles 2

my bad

Last edited:
Ryan Gosling to Adapt Jeff Lemire's 'The Underwater Welder' for Film

Gosling, Ken Kao and Anonymous Content will produce the project.
Jeff Lemire's graphic novel The Underwater Welder will be adapted for a film.

Ryan Gosling, Ken Kao and Anonymous Content will produce the project based on the New York Times bestselling graphic novel about a man in the dangerous profession of underwater welding, who has a supernatural encounter at the bottom of the sea.

The graphic novel was first released in 2012, published by Top Shelf/IDW.

Jared Leto Circling 'Tron' Reboot at Disney

After cancelling a third installment in the sci-fi franchise in 2015, Disney is exploring the idea of a movie that would act as a Leto vehicle.
Disney is planning to get back on the grid.

The studio is in the very early stages of development for a new Tron movie, with Oscar-winning actor Jared Leto circling to star, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

No writer has been hired at this exploratory stage, and no filmmaker is involved. Justin Springer, who co-produced Tron: Legacy and exec produced the Tom Cruise sci-fi movie Oblivion, will produce. Leto and and his producing partner Emma Ludbrook would also be involved in some producing capacity if the project moves forward.

Tron was the 1982 Disney movie set in the fantastic world inside a computer program, a cyberspace called the Grid. Starring Jeff Bridges and Bruce Boxleitner, the film wasn’t a hit at the time but was influential with its envelope-pushing special effects and drew a cult following in the years after due to its imaginative story.

In 2010, Disney revisited the world with Tron: Legacy, which starred Garrett Hedlund and Olivia Wilde and brought back Bridges. Joseph Kosinski directed. The expensive movie made $400 million worldwide, good enough to warrant interesting in a sequel.

But it’s been a series of shutdowns and restarts for a sequel and just as it seemed it was heading towards pre-production, the studio pulled the plug for good in 2015.

But computer programs never die, it seems, they just get upgrades.

Sources say this new project is not a direct sequel and is being built out of the source code of the deleted Tron 3 script. Leto would play a character named Ares, who has not appeared on screen before but was a key player in that script.

At this stage it's too early to tell if Kosinski or actors from Tron: Legacy will return.

Hot Spec ‘Marian’ Sells To Sony With Margot Robbie Attached to Star

It garnered a lot of interest, but when the dust cleared it was Sony that nailed the project for producers Donald De Line and Amy Pascal by pre-empting the spec Marian for actress Margot Robbie to star. A nice role for Robbie to show some more of her acting chops, this time in a serious and truly gritty turn. Think Braveheart meets Game of Thrones. Robbie’s label LuckyChap Entertainment is also producing, with Rock Shaink, through his Romark Entertainment.

Scripted by newcomer Pete Barry, Marian is based on the character from the Robin Hood folklore. Here’s the storyline: After a conspiracy to conquer England in which the love of her life Robin Hood dies before her eyes, Marian picks up the cause to lead her people into a pivotal war. She comes to power, charging into a battle that will not only decide the fate of the kingdom but will see her don the mantle of the man she loved. In the process, she rises as a legend herself.

Robbie is currently at work on I, Tonya, the biopic about disgraced figure skater Tonya Harding that started shooting last month. Also on her plate is a further exploration of her Suicide Squad character in a project called Gotham City Sirens for Warner Bros. and director David Ayer — an all-female DC villains movie. In addition, she’s on two projects based on beloved characters from childhood books: Peter Rabbit at Sony/Columbia, a live-action/CGI hybrid feature based on Beatrix Potter’s classic characters, and Fox Searchlight’s untitled A.A. Milne project centered on Winnie the Pooh.

Todd McFarlane calls Spawn reboot ‘Dark’ and ‘Nasty’

Though we have no filming or release date for the long-promised Spawn reboot, writer/director Todd McFarlane has an update for everyone. McFarlane appeared in a Twitch video (via MovieWeb) from Emerald City Comic-Con in Seattle, Washington this weekend and spoke about the film. The video comes from a panel he did at the convention with Stan Lee, moderated by Clare Kramer (Buffy the Vampire Slayer). The film has been in development since 2009, and in 2013, McFarlane had said it might be a year out from filming. At the time he said, “It’s not going to be a giant budget [film] with a lot of special effects. It’s going to be more of a horror movie and a thriller movie, not a superhero one.”

This time around, McFarlane is reporting that he’s taking the Spawn reboot to a much darker place. He said in the video, “Listen, I’m going to paint it for you. The movie is going to be a dark R… If here’s PG-13 and here’s Deadpool and here’s Logan, we’re going to be here. It’s going to be dark. It’s going to be nasty.” McFarlane plans to both write and direct the film about the character he created. Spawn first appeared in Spawn #1 (May 1992). In the comic, The character is otherwise known as Al Simmons, an assassin who, after being murdered, returns to the world as a Hellspawn, a demonic undead creature powered by necroplasm.

McFarlane recently spoke to ComicBook.com about the film, saying that he wanted to direct, but knew that he’d have to keep the budget low as a first-time director. He said, “I knew I needed to keep the story and the budget both tight so that when I go to Hollywood and I say ‘I have to direct it, that’s not even a negotiation, so if you can’t accept that, then the conversation is over quickly,’ then once they understand the scope and size and budget of it, they’re like ‘Oh, okay. It’s not like Todd’s coming in here asking for $100 million and then saying let me direct my first movie. He’s saying ‘Give me $10 million to make a little horror movie and let’s see if we can scare some people. We’ve done that tons of times.'”

Last edited:
Meh to Spawn. Still waiting until the movie is official.

McFarlane been talking about it the past 10 years (if not more).

Last edited:
I feel like Todd McFarlane has been talking about this Spawn movie, since the release of the first Spawn movie

‘Aquaman’s Jason Momoa To Star, Brad Peyton To Direct ‘Just Cause’ Film Based On Popular Video Game

A feature film based on the popular Square Enix video game Just Cause is getting closer to reality and the plans are to make a big-screen franchise from it. Jason Momoa, who stars as Aquaman in the hotly anticipated Justice League and has his own spin-off film for the character, has signed on to star and Brad Peyton has stepped in to helm the feature film from a screenplay by John Collee (Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World). Both Momoa and Peyton have worked together before on Netflix’s Frontier. Peyton directed Warner Bros.’ San Andreas which ended up with a global box office take of $473.9M.

The story, like the game, follows Rico Rodriguez (Momoa) who is an operative for an organization known as the Agency. The plot of the movie is under wraps but it is expected to deal in some way with Rico’s crisis of conscience while on a mission.

Back
Top Bottom