News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

‘Cowboy Bebop’ Cult Anime TV Series Gets U.S. Live-Action Remake By Tomorrow Studios, Midnight Radio & ‘Thor’ Writer

Tomorrow Studios, Marty Adelstein’s joint venture with ITV Studios, is developing a live-action adaptation of the cult Japanese animated series Cowboy Bebop. Tomorrow Studios has teamed on the project with Midnight Radio (Josh Appelbaum, Andre Nemec, Jeff Pinkner & Scott Rosenberg), who will executive produce alongside Sunrise, the studio behind the original series; Tomorrow Studios’ Adelstein (Good Behavior, Prison Break) and Becky Clements (Good Behavior, Aquarius); as well as Matthew Weinberg. Chris Yost (Thor: The Dark World, Thor: Ragnarok), who started his career writing for comic book-based animated series before segueing to features, will pen the adaptation.

The space Western story follows Spike Spiegel and his rag-tag crew of bounty hunters, or Cowboys, as they try to capture the galaxy’s worst criminals and survive the unexpected dangers they encounter throughout space, sometimes saving the world in the process but always leaving millions in damages.

Cowboy Bebop, considered one of the best anime series of all time, produced 26 episodes, which aired in Japan from 1998-1999. It has done well internationally, garnering several anime and science fiction awards, and is credited with helping to introduce anime to a new wave of Western viewers. In the U.S., it aired on Adult Swim.

“We are excited to work with Sunrise in bringing this beloved anime to the U.S. and global marketplace as a live-action series,” said Adelstein. “The animated version has long resonated with audiences worldwide, and with the continued, ever growing, popularity of anime, we believe a live action version will have an incredible impact today.”

Tomorrow Studios has another U.S. TV adaptation of a popular Asian genre title, South Korean movie Snowpiercer, which has a pilot order at TNT.

damn, Del Toro begged and begged for a third one just to say no and then rush the reboot

the guy who made the Descent is directing and he also directed some episodes of Game of Thrones, I am not sure if it is the Get Out hype or what but it seems everyone wants to make these films horror now, first New Mutants and now this (though to be fair I think Del Toro wanted to do that with the Dark JL film)

just weird because just a month ago, the studios are still in negotiations with producers to reboot the film and now it looks like it's moving at a fast pace

New Mutants doesn't count. Fox has no clue what to do at all :lol:

Like with Hellboy some horror makes sense.

Making New Mutants some body horror flick is stupid.

I thought The Mummy was pretty damn good, but, a few scenes of strange comedic timing will probably lose some people. They could have tried to stay a lil darker and I think it would have really hit. The action and some of the shots were really well done. Set up the universe nicely, look forward to seeing the end game with all the characters onscreen.

I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I do wonder what went in to the decision to start off with the Mummy though (haven't seen this movie yet so when I think Mummy movie I think Brendan Frasier :lol: )

I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I do wonder what went in to the decision to start off with the Mummy though (haven't seen this movie yet so when I think Mummy movie I think Brendan Frasier :lol: )

I loved the first 2 Frasier Mummies.

And look out for Easter Eggs. :nerd:

No after credit tho.

They're good but more from a light, fun, adventure angle.

This Mummy is looking to be taken very seriously.

Annabelle: Creation getting great reviews

Basically Ouija: Origin of Evil

Great sequel reviews compared to the original

Back
Top Bottom