News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

[h1]‘Justice League’ Script Doused In Gasoline, Tossed Into Massive Dumpster Fire[/h1]Written by Ashley Burns / 02.08.13

Justice-League-Script-650x433.jpg

It wouldn’t be a day of the week ending in –y if we didn’t have some juicy HOTT GOSS about the Justice League movie, and wouldn’t you know it – it’s all really bad. First up, there’s a fat nugget of rumor jizz drying on our prom dresses regarding the first screenplay, penned by Gangster Squad’s Will Beall. According to Badass Digest, which is like Reader’s Digest but in a monster truck, Warner Bros. and DC read it and determined that they had approximately 110 pages of toilet paper.

The story from each source is the same: it’s terrible. Some sources seem to think the whole movie is going to fall apart and never happen, while some believe that Warner Bros will keep moving forward, unwilling to lose the superhero arms race.

Beall’s script was focusing on a 4-man and 1-woman Justice League, as Superman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Batman and Wonder Woman would be taking on Darkseid in an Avengers-like battle to save the Earth. Unfortunately, it seems that the Warner and DC execs have been ******g with the story so much that Beall never stood a chance.

Beall’s script supposedly includes Darkseid and a heavy cosmic threat. But the script has been half-baked from the beginning, with reports saying that heroes (beyond the core five of Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash and Green Lantern) have been cut and added from the proceedings seemingly at studio executive will. The latest word was that Warner Bros, experiencing real cold feet, had decided to wait until The Man of Steel to really move forward, but it’s possible that moving forward now will mean a whole new script.

Keep in mind that this huge franchise tent pole of a film is scheduled to be released opposite Marvel’s The Avengers 2 in 2015, so naturally with all of this negative news pouring in on a weekly basis, some evil genius has to be cackling maniacally, right? In fact, it’s Fox’s Marvel consultant Mark Millar, who is currently working on a number of Marvel film projects. He thinks this whole Justice League thing is just stupid.

“I actually think the big problem for them is the characters are just too out of date,” said Millar, talking exclusively to SciFiNow. “The characters were created 75 years ago, even the newest major character was created 68 years ago, so they’re in a really weird time.”

“Now the stuff I grew up with… I adored the DC stuff growing up but really, how do you do a movie about Green Lantern,” asks Millar, “his power is that he manifests green plasma from his imagination and uses them as weapons against someone? Even that in itself if you just imagine then watching a fight scene with a guy who’s like a hundred feet away making plasma manifestations fight someone – it’s not exactly raucous, getting up close and personal.

“The Flash has door handles on the side of his mask and if he doesn’t wear that mask, I’ll be pissed off, you know what I mean? They’re in a weird, weird situation – if you’ve got a guy who moves at the speed of light up against the Weather Wizard and Captain Cold or whatever, then your movie’s over in two seconds.

“You can get away with stuff in comics that in live action’s just a bit sucky – the best one is definitely Aquaman. Aquaman can’t even talk under water. If you think about it in comics it’s fine, you just have a speech balloon, but how do you have Atlantis and people talking under water? Are they gonna talking telepathically? Is it going to be body forms? The actual logistics of each member of the Justice League is disastrous, and you put them all together and I think you get an excellent way of losing $200 million.”

Responded one DC rep, “Oh yeah? Yo mama.”

Rough. :smh: :lol:

And I lowkey thought it could sneak in with low expectations and turn out pretty decent.

Still might, but this sounds like an Entourage storyline. Ben Affleck won. :lol:

Last edited:
it would be pretty cool if they could some how delay the justice movie and get christian bale to reprise the role of batman... that would probably help ticket sales

i hope they can go beyond a trilogy with the spiderman franchise

As usual, Mark Millar is so on point. Before the movie was official I was hoping so hard they just did a World's Finest movie. Batman & Superman for like 2 hrs would be amazing with the right story. I even recall reading elsewhere recently that type of movie would be in it's own lane cuz there are currently no team up superhero movies out there like that, specifically two superheroes that are independent of each other and at that high of a level like Bats and Supes.

The practicality of their powers/origins needs to be addressed, these heroes need new costumes or to be modernized/streamlined in to a movie format that's acceptable and not laughable even if they go with Aquaman somehow talking underwater, addressing Flash's villains (upgrade them), I don't know what to do with GL's powers but that's a point and that weakness was shown in the recent GL movie, etc.

I really feel they'd even get a leg up if they question this white washed line up. Bring in the black GL John Stewart? I know Martian Manhunter was black in one cartoon or on Smallville. If it was feasible instead of that I'd say drop one of them and add another female.
Justice League Movie Going Back To The Drawing Board? Recent Script Called “Terrible”

I'm gonna not knee-jerk react to this cuz plenty of movies get scripts completely rewritten even the Avengers did and there weren't rumors of how terrible the initial ones were. I just hope that like with Marvel not only is the director helping a bit to make the script better but DC's best writers are involved with the process of making the best possible movie.
I think its still going to suck, but I hope Im wrong
Yeah :lol: bu I really liked the JL/JLU cartoon and hope the story for the movie could at least be as good as that. Probably would not execute the feel of it.
Here's Marvel penning out Phase 3 of movies while currently filming multiple Phase 2 movies, and DC still trying to write one movie with maybe one lead up movie coming. (MOS).

Epic failure on DC's part.
:lol:

MOS is coming out before this JL movie though.
The Justice League movie was a knee jerk reaction to the Avengers. DC and Warner weren't serious about a full on flick until Marvel put there's on the silver screen. Does anyone remember any chatter about a movie before Avengers came out? They haven't been fully committed to the JL movie and its been pretty apparent so far.
True for the most part. I posted it somewhere but there was this story about DC/Warner ad men posing as comicbook fans asking a retailer and customers what they thought about a DC movie and what Marvel did and everybody was saying they'd like a JL movie if they did it the same way Marvel did it :lol: Of course they didn't like that and for some reason they don't want to copy that format and are trying to do the opposite while still deciding if the solo movies they already released should be ditched or added. The JL movie has to be great and really have 3 or 4 lesser known heroes be break out stars for solo movies to actually spin out of that. I mean that's basically WW, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, and Flash. Maybe GL gets another solo/sequel. I feel only a Flash movie would really be doable. WW or Aquaman right now are potential epic fails. MM is just not popular enough.
The Justice League movie was a knee jerk reaction to the Avengers. DC and Warner weren't serious about a full on flick until Marvel put there's on the silver screen. Does anyone remember any chatter about a movie before Avengers came out? They haven't been fully committed to the JL movie and its been pretty apparent so far.

They actually had been talking about it for a while. At least as far back as when JLU was on TV becuase they were talking about Common as GL. After Superman Returns fell flat it died down until after the Avengers success.
They were always talking about it like that but they were never serious. They've been scared as **** to even attempt it and that's why they waited to see what Marvel did. I mean I remember those rumors and that was like 10 years ago :smh:
it would be pretty cool if they could some how delay the justice movie and get christian bale to reprise the role of batman... that would probably help ticket sales

i hope they can go beyond a trilogy with the spiderman franchise
No it wouldn't. I don't if that's been some myth or ongoing false claim but nobody watched Batman for Bale. He did not shine as an actor in it at all (he was criminally underused) and I doubt his fame put all those ppl in seats. They'd only help ticket sales if Nolan was announced to be director and that it'd be a trilogy.

Last edited:
Peter and him became cool towards the middle of the movie though, when Uncle Ben dies he tried to be make peace with Peter. It might be reaching but there could be a good continuation there with Flash graduating and going to the army in the sequel and comeback in the 3rd film as Venom?
If they brought in the Flash Thompson Venom, that would be awesome. But I know everyone would complain and want Eddie Brock as Venom...If he were to be in the next ASM film.

i think a lot of people have forgotten that Sony has been developing a Venom film.. they could just introduce the symbiote and Eddie (or whoever the host is) then flesh the origin out in the spin-off.. Especially since it seems like Webb is actually crafting a full SM universe there could be a way to integrate the stories seamlessly

[h1]An Even Longer Wait for the Batman Reboot?[/h1][h2]Rumor has it JLA may be on hold while Man of Steel could get a trilogy.[/h2]

by Jim Vejvoda

February 12, 2013

Could there be an even longer wait for the next Batman reboot besides the 2017 ballpark originally reported? Possibly.

While this is all speculation, the well-regarded Batman-on-Film chatted with a longtime source who advised them of some possible scenarios for the future of the Batman live-action movie franchise.

Early scuttlebutt had a Justice League of America movie in development for a 2015 release, a project that would introduce audiences to the screen's new Dark Knight, with a solo Batman film slated for release two years after that.

But now JLA is now reportedly going back to the drawing board and searching for a new screenwriter, while Warner Bros. is waiting to see how Man of Steel fares at the box office before green-lighting JLA.

“If Superman [this summer’s Man of Steel] is huge, then they’ve bought themselves some time and will have a franchise to hang their hat on for seven, eight years. The need for Batman won’t be as great, and [the reboot] of that franchise can wait until the Superman trilogy is done,” claims BoF's source.

That means Batman's next solo movie might not hit screens until 2019.

cool didnt knowthey were doing a masters of the universe remake in 2015. not a good year to release that lol

The current Batman franchise just ended. Are people really fiending that much for a new Batman movie? Just leave it alone for awhile.

[QUOTE url="[URL]http://www.batman-on-film.com/BATMAN-REBOOTED_rumor_JL-problems-affecting-Batman-reboot_2-12-13.html[/URL]"]
[h1]An Even Longer Wait for the Batman Reboot?[/h1]

[h2]Rumor has it JLA may be on hold while Man of Steel could get a trilogy.[/h2]

by Jim Vejvoda
February 12, 2013

Could there be an even longer wait for the next Batman reboot besides the 2017 ballpark originally reported? Possibly.
While this is all speculation, the well-regarded Batman-on-Film chatted with a longtime source who advised them of some possible scenarios for the future of the Batman live-action movie franchise.
Early scuttlebutt had a Justice League of America movie in development for a 2015 release, a project that would introduce audiences to the screen's new Dark Knight, with a solo Batman film slated for release two years after that.

But now JLA is now reportedly going back to the drawing board and searching for a new screenwriter, while Warner Bros. is waiting to see how Man of Steel fares at the box office before green-lighting JLA.
“If Superman [this summer’s Man of Steel] is huge, then they’ve bought themselves some time and will have a franchise to hang their hat on for seven, eight years. The need for Batman won’t be as great, and [the reboot] of that franchise can wait until the Superman trilogy is done,” claims BoF's source.
That means Batman's next solo movie might not hit screens until 2019.
[/quote]

good they need to take their time with this cause if its rushed to try to catch up with Marvel IT WILL SUCK

The current Batman franchise just ended. Are people really fiending that much for a new Batman movie? Just leave it alone for awhile.

I think everyone hasnt been too keen for another Batman so quickly after TDK trilogy

I would say pushing back a Batman film is a bad idea but there's too many bad choices by WB at this point.
I see no reason why there can't just keep being Batman movies as long as they're really good. Endless amount of stories to tell.

No need to leave it alone. What WB is working off of is money though. Putting their hopes in MOS being a hit and carrying a trilogy.

I would say pushing back a Batman film is a bad idea but there's too many bad choices by WB at this point.
I see no reason why there can't just keep being Batman movies as long as they're really good. Endless amount of stories to tell.

No need to leave it alone. What WB is working off of is money though. Putting their hopes in MOS being a hit and carrying a trilogy.
WB needs to take the james bond approach to batman, stop retelling his origin and make movies assuming everyone already knows whats going on

WB needs to take the james bond approach to batman, stop retelling his origin and make movies assuming everyone already knows whats going on
This is exactly what my next reply was gonna be. No need to keep seeing origin movies as if they're a test movie to see if it's okay to do a sequel but I guess WB is gonna wait for Marvel to take the james bond approach with Iron Man and then follow suit years later.
i might be the only one hyped for the gi joe sequel :lol:
I noticed that too. I didn't watch the first one but I figured there'd be more hype. I forget who they added, The Rock? or Bruce Willis?
as long as christopher nolan is attached to the project, they will keep getting my money.
??? Nolan isn't directing anymore Batman movies. I think he even said he's not doing superhero movies anymore or are you just okay with him being one of the producers for a movie like he is for MOS?

Last edited:
they added the rock and bruce willis. rock as roadblock, bruce as the original gi joe. also rza as blind master

them adding rock and willis is kind of why i am hyped. :lol:

the first one was kinda bad in a transformers kind of way so it can only get better right? :lol: they also hired the writers who did zombieland and i thought that movie was fun so im hyped

No, I'm also hype for GI Joe 2. I thought the first one was fine, not elite, but good enough. Sad that Sienna Miller isn't back tho, love that chick.

Spawn Movie Has “Academy Award Winning Actor” Attached, Says Todd McFarlane

I always really liked the first one with White, just cuz. Spawn was like the first black superhero I really liked and could take seriously without feeling there was some kind of stereotypical gimmick in his origin or overall character (gotta ignore that his body for a time is burnt to a crisp, dead and decaying though
laugh.gif
).
He's taking his sweet time with this and tbh, I don't care if it ever comes out at this point. Along with the animated series, he's been too lax on getting this stuff out.

??? Nolan isn't directing anymore Batman movies. I think he even said he's not doing superhero movies anymore or are you just okay with him being one of the producers for a movie like he is for MOS?

i know he's not directing any more batman movies. you're 2nd statement is accurate. as long as he's attached to a movie, be it a directing or producing role, i will go see it.

Was really hoping it would go to Batista but Momoa is ok... I guess. Was expecting more from him as Conan.

Back
Top Bottom