Next Gen Xbox Reveal Confirmed for May 21

To anyone copping an xb1 or a ps4, cop a squaretrade warranty.
Is this worth it? anyone have experiences with it?
I've had it on my media player. I dropped it several times. I paid for accident protection, so squaretrade reimbursed me.

I had enough money to cop the new version of said media player without playing any extra money.

I currently have one on my 360.

It's definetaly worth it if you want peace of mind.

You can either buy a hardware warranty or accident protection(more expensive).

They cover it for 2-3 years depending on which warranty you'd like to purchase.

If you're planning on keeping your console for more at least 2 years, I'd suggest that you get a squaretrade warranty or extend the console manufacturers' console warranty. 

But squaretrade warrantys are usually cheaper than sony's or m$'s.

You can find said warranties on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=squaretrade+console

Here's an in-depth review of squaretrade:

http://extended-warranty-services-review.toptenreviews.com/squaretrade-review.html

Last edited:
I understand paying for Gold to use online features, what irks me is having to pay for something you already pay for.

Smh @ 13, 54, 72, 80

The good thing is you pay for gold once a year.

I'm assuming you all with issues with xbox gold either only play offline single player games or are new to xbox 360???

At the end of the day it doesn't matter because everyone will have live anyway.

But with that being said... Not being able to use the Internet Explorer without Xbox live is just an *** hole move. :lol:

no and no.

So you've played mp online on 360, and have issue paying for the service?
I personally have gladly payed my $60 for the past 8 years with no remorse.....sure it'd be great if it was free but wake up

no and no.

So you've played mp online on 360, and have issue paying for the service?
I personally have gladly payed my $60 for the past 8 years with no remorse.....sure it'd be great if it was free but wake up
I have no problem paying for xbl. I pay for xbl to primarily play multiplayer. As long as I get to play online, I'll continue to pay for xbl.

No one is asking for free online. Where did you come to that conclusion? Where talking about features that are free or that people already pay for that is barred from using without paying for xbl. Your 360/xb1 is pretty much a brick without xbl.

You need to pay for Xbox live to use all online features of an Xbox console, it isn't new or something that current Xbox owners don't understand. While it might be unpopular it's the way it's always been, this isn't news.

I don't find it suprising iYen has a problem with paying for Xbox live and Xbox music pass also.
It's no different than its always been iYen, Netflix or Hulu doesn't have to justify to us why we have to pay for Xbox live to access their services so why would Microsoft have to for a music streaming service that you want but don't need.

Last edited:
lmao, soooo if you're fine with paying to play online, what is the issue with the other features??

Maybe if I word it like this you won't have a problem with it, "Xbox Live Gold, pay to play online multiplayer, and we'll thrown in another 80 features for free"

Squaretrade is good I dropped my OG Iphone and I was able to get a 3G and making money due being eligible for an upgrade....

They paypal you too! I just bought a warranty from them for my new laptop for $50 and if it breaks I get $300 can't beat that....

Last edited:
You need to pay for Xbox live to use all online features of an Xbox console, it isn't new or something that current Xbox owners don't understand. While it might be unpopular it's the way it's always been, this isn't news.

I don't find it suprising iYen has a problem with paying for Xbox live and Xbox music pass also.
It's no different than its always been iYen, Netflix or Hulu doesn't have to justify to us why we have to pay for Xbox live to access their services so why would Microsoft have to for a music streaming service that you want but don't need.
I don't have a problem with paying for xbl. I literally just said that. Why would nexflix or hulu justify that when they're not the creators of xbl? 

You pay for a music pass, then you pay to have access to your already paid for music pass. This isn't reasonable to me.

From my understanding with sony's/ninetendo's platforms, you're not barred from such services. 

Also with the xb1, you have to pay gold to use the console dvr. I might understand having to pay so you can upload to twitch, but right now I don't understand.
lmao, soooo if you're fine with paying to play online, what is the issue with the other features??

Maybe if I word it like this you won't have a problem with it, "Xbox Live Gold, pay to play online multiplayer, and we'll thrown in another 80 features for free"
It's the principle. IMO m$ is saying, enjoy your console as long as you pay for gold. Whereas sony is saying, enjoy your console without silly restrictions.

In response to your last sentence, most of those features aren't made by m$.

So IDK what you were trying to get at.
Squaretrade is good I dropped my OG Iphone and I was able to get a 3G and making money due being eligible for an upgrade....

They paypal you too! I just bought a warranty from them for my new laptop for $50 and if it breaks I get $300 can't beat that....
Yup. In some situations, you may even end up with more money due to there being new versions of said product you bought.

Hell, you might even be able to cop a squaretrade warranty, be insured for $500, m$ releases a new cheaper sku or they do a price cut, your xb1 breaks or something, you use your warranty, now you have an extra $50.

Last edited:
It's the principle. IMO m$ is saying, enjoy your console as long as you pay for gold. Whereas sony is saying, enjoy your console without silly restrictions.

I understand if that is something that irks you...I honestly do. But I'm not the type of consumer who holds grudges or thinks xyz company actually cares about their consumer. YES some really do, but myself as a consumer I don't care about that.
I'm not one for "brand loyalty" or anything, I buy whats best for me and what I like the most. simple as that..... MS could come out and say "we hate all of use people and you all can suck our (*##@" I wouldn't care. Obviously some people DO care, and thats their prerogative.

You do know the PS4 requires PLUS for online play right? (which i understand is better than LIVE for free games but thats about it, from what I hear)

So IF one plans on playing PS4 online, they must PAY for it. Which makes the online set up as far as what you can access on ps4/xb1 basically the same thing.

OFCOURSE we all know, you can have a ps4 and use it as a media box for your netflixs and hulus and ufcs and internet for free... BUT W/O online play...why even bother?? Just hook your cpu to the tv

I understand if that is something that irks you...I honestly do. But I'm not the type of consumer who holds grudges or thinks xyz company actually cares about their consumer. YES some really do, but myself as a consumer I don't care about that.
I'm not one for "brand loyalty" or anything, I buy whats best for me and what I like the most. simple as that..... MS could come out and say "we hate all of use people and you all can suck our (*##@" I wouldn't care. Obviously some people DO care, and thats their prerogative.

You do know the PS4 requires PLUS for online play right? (which i understand is better than LIVE for free games but thats about it, from what I hear)

So IF one plans on playing PS4 online, they must PAY for it. Which makes the online set up as far as what you can access on ps4/xb1 basically the same thing.

OFCOURSE we all know, you can have a ps4 and use it as a media box for your netflixs and hulus and ufcs and internet for free... BUT W/O online play...why even bother?? Just hook your cpu to the tv

Just a quick correction...

PS Plus is not required for any free-to-play game, like Blacklight: Retribution or DC Universe, nor is it required for features such as Movies Unlimited, Music Unlimited, Netflix, Crackle, ect.

you trippin pleighboi.

Feel like people are just lookig to pick fights with iyen for no reason :smh:

I agree with him on the ms gold stance, why should i pay for something that you didn't create

I agree with him on the ms gold stance, why should i pay for something that you didn't create

He brings it on himself sometimes. Other people engage way too much though. But his point with this is valid.

Although with netflix and everything, it doesn't bother me. I'll have gold so it doesnt affect me. But for others that don't buy gold it's a bit junky sure.

i mean you don't have too. I find it. Silly that people would pay twice for Netflix when you can get a dedicated Netflix receiver for 20 bucks. So IMO its dumb to complain. Don't buy it.

As for the picking fights, I just find him trying to bring a negative vibe to the thread. Like you rarely see people post the shortcomings of the ps4 in that thread cause lets be real you'd get rebuked. But it's almost as if he purposefully seeks this stuff out just to complain. He's been saying the same thing for months. He doesn't like the pay wall we get it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom