Next Gen Xbox Reveal Confirmed for May 21

Games With Gold, September 2013: Free Magic 2013 and Rainbow Six Vegas
You'll have two weeks to download each game, which can be kept forever.
by Chris Pereira SEPTEMBER 3, 2013

Xbox Live Gold subscribers can download Magic 2013 and Rainbow Six Vegas for free during two separate, two-week spans this month as the latest games in the Games With Gold promotion.

Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 can be had for free now through September 15, at which point it will return to its regular price of $9.99. (Xbox Live now uses real-world currency in lieu of Microsoft Points). Magic 2013 received an 8.5 in IGN's review, and while it's no longer the most current version of the game available -- Magic 2014 was released in June -- it's still an accessible way to get into Magic.

Once the Magic 2013 deal runs its course, Rainbow Six Vegas will be free to Xbox Live Gold members starting on September 16. (Gamers in South America will instead get Shadowrun for free). Vegas' regular price of $19.99 will return at the end of the month. Although it's now almost seven years old, Vegas remains a strong game with an entertaining cooperative multiplayer mode in Terrorist Hunt.

By starting a download on either game, it will be yours forever regardless of your status as an Xbox Live Gold subscriber, making it a nice way for existing subscribers to expand their game libraries for free.

I believe Rainbow Six: Vegas was a launch title. Came out 1 year after 360.

Last edited:
Sounds like a pretty good deal
[h1]Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare is multiplayer-only, will launch for $39.99[/h1]by Andrew Yoon, Sep 03, 2013 10:00am PDT
Related Topics – Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, xbox 360, Electronic Arts, PC, PopCap Games, Plants vs Zombies Series, Xbox One, PAX 2013

Garden Warfare, EA Canada's multiplayer shooter take on Plants vs Zombies, was one of our favorite surprises from E3. Apparently, PvZ simply works as a multiplayer shooter.

Powered by Frostbite, the multiplayer shooter is unquestionably one of PopCap's biggest productions ever. Supporting both 24 player multiplayer and 4 player co-op, Garden Warfare will be PopCap's most expensive release ever when it launches. However, creative director Justin Wiebe points out that it will be "relatively inexpensive when compared to other games on the platform."

"PopCap's had really good success around lower to mid-tier priced games," Wiebe told us. So, when Garden Warfare debuts on Xbox One, it will be $39.99 as both a retail and downloadable title. The Xbox 360 and PC versions will be even more affordable, retailing for $29.99. (Presumably, the exclusive content for the Xbox One version justifies the markup in price.)

Garden Warfare can be sold at a discount because the plan is to continue expanding the game after launch. There's also no single-player campaign, as the entire experience is focused on multiplayer. "We definitely want to build on the game once it's launched," Wiebe told us. "We're definitely taking a cue from Plants vs Zombies 2. Using DLC and new content updates, we want to keep players engaged in the long haul."

Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare will be available on Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC in 2014.

Last edited:
you have been pretty negative in this thread and very anti microsoft despite this being the xbox one thread.. If enough people in this thread report you you will be banned from this thread.
No I haven't. You just pay attention to my posts that you don't agree with and base your argument around that. 

IDK how many times I have to repeat this. I own a 360. I owned a ps3 for about a week because at that time, 360>>>>ps3.

Titanfall is the next-gen game I want to play the most. Kinect is great, on it's own. Game sharing is a great idea. And that rumor about being able to sell "used" digital games was an idea that I thought was great as well. These are all positive things that I can recall, but somehow I'm anti-m$. 

So to call me anti-m$ is not true. 

Before e3 I thought that m$ would have had a better console to offer. I was wrong. 

Sony's e3 showed me what I was missing during this gen. 

So instead of going on a 3 year hitaus from gaming due to being bored with my 360, I probably would have got a ps3 and enjoyed it as much or even more than my 360.

I like m$ more than I dislike them, so quit trying to paint me as an xb1 basher or a sony fanboy. 

It's not true and you already know this. 

so the back and forth doesnt matter. if you annoy enough people in here you will get banned from this thread.
Annoy to you must mean posting an opinion that you don't agree with. 

Doing that can't get me banned.
you are lucky though because unless you reach coach hubie/doo be doo type of annoying most people do not report others.
You're not forced to read my posts nor do I say things like "ps4 pwns xb1 lulz." 

Given that, I don't understand what I have to be lucky about.
you can bash magic all you want but free is free 
laugh.gif
I wasn't bashing magic. IDK what magic is. 

From my understanding, m$ created GWG to compete with PS+ Right now PS+ clearly has better games to offer for the same price.
whats with the M$ by the way? every company is in it for the money.... you go through all that trouble to type the $ instead of a regular s? i dont see you typing sony like $ony? 
laugh.gif
 come on now....
m$ has features behind a paywall for no valid reason, other than so m$ makes money. That's fine. Because it just shows that m$ wants your money rather than to enjoy your console. They even have a paywall behind a paywall. m$ is trying to make people pay gold to have the ability to pay for elder scrolls online. 

Also let's not forget m$ "free to play" games. Their FTP games are only "free" if you pay for gold. That's not FTP.

As I've reiterated over and over, it's the principle. 

With m$ I know that they don't really care about what their customers want, they just want as much $$$ as possible.

From what I can tell, Sony wants my money as well. But they don't put services you already pay for or FTP games behind paywalls.

IMO sony wants you to enjoy your console without restrictions.

Whereas m$ wants you to enjoy your console as long as you pay for gold.

That is why I type m$ rather than ms. 

If sony starts doing what m$ does, you'll see me typing $ony.

Also why do you act as if what I'm saying isn't justified?

I give my reasoning for I'd say 99.9% of my posts, but you act like I just post ps4>>>xb1 then dip. 

Then go to the ps4 thread to praise sony.

If that's what you actually think, you couldn't be anymore wrong.
Your right, nobodys going to waste time reporting iYen for constantly putting his negative spin on everything Xbox One related.  Its his opinion and agreeing to disagree is what this forum is about.
I've said positive things about the xb1, so quit lying. 
If microsoft said they were giving us $10,000 in $100 bills with every Xbox One he'd say they were taking advantage of the us by not giving us $20 dollar bills.
Based on what info that I've posted would you say that I'd actually have that sort of opinion.

I own a 360. So far, I really like it. 
I've accepted there really isn't anything that can be done to make him happy when it comes to the Xbox One but then again I could care less if he buys one.
I will buy an xb1...eventually. As soon as a kinectless xb1 comes out, I'll cop. Hell, if the reviews for the kinect 2 are extremely postitive and actual games are made to be used with the kinect, I'll get the kinect bundle. 

Quit pretending that I hate the xb1. I watched both e3s. m$ has better exclusives so far. 
I wish he would give the rest of us 10 feet to be positive about a purchase we're happy to make.
I've already stated that I don't think people are making a bad decision for buying an xb1. 

If they are buy it and it suits their needs, more power to them.

There's nothing wrong with that.

So stop acting like I have a problem with people copping xb1s.

Best to just block him. He doesn't really add anything of value anyway
That's easy to say about a person you don't agree with.

Last edited:
Sounds like a pretty good deal

[QUOTE url="[URL]http://www.shacknews.com/game/plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare[/URL]"]
[h1]Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare is multiplayer-only, will launch for $39.99[/h1]

by Andrew Yoon, Sep 03, 2013 10:00am PDT