Next Gen Xbox Reveal Confirmed for May 21

Sony will change their's to 8 soon enough.

That's their usual tactic...wait for someone else to do something and then implement it in their product.

My question is who will ever use >4 controllers. I haven't even heard of a developer taking advantage of the 7 controllers the PS3 allowed nor do I ever see the purpose in it. Lol, 8 player split screen would be pretty damn funny though.

I used it last night :lol: Madden supports it, I'm pretty sure 2K does too. It wouldn’t be used in a split screen game.

Yeah...Sony doesn't borrow ideas from other companies...you guys are right.

It's usually something useful, like rumble or analog sticks. Who plays 8 player local MP? Who makes 8 player local MP games?

Yeah...Sony doesn't borrow ideas from other companies...you guys are right.
You and your ridiculous statements.
LOL. I FULLY EXPECT AN ANNOUNCEMENT FROM SONY ABOUT THIS SOON.

BOTH COMPANIES ARE JUST PRETTY MUCH COPYING EACH OTHER AT THIS POINT.

MICROSOFT WILL ANNOUNCE VR HEADSET SOON AS WELL.
Maybe so.

m$ now has a gtav bundle.

Last edited:
I really doubt that it'll be used to split the screen into eighths*. If you see someone in a MP FPS lobby with 7 guests they'll be such easy targets.

*Is that how you spell that word? It looks weirds.

Microsoft has bumped the clock speed of the CPU on the Xbox One from 1.6 GHz to 1.75 GHz.

I guess their initial clocks were conservative based on potential yields or they are trying to minimize the gap between Xbox One and PS4.

In either case it's not a good look.

Last edited:
Microsoft has bumped the clock speed of the CPU on the Xbox One from 1.6 GHz to 1.75 GHz.

I guess their initial clocks were conservative based of potential yields or they are trying to minimize the gap between Xbox One and PS4.

Srs question, wouldn't them upping the clock speed be a good thing?

Whats the worst that could happen?

LOL. I FULLY EXPECT AN ANNOUNCEMENT FROM SONY ABOUT THIS SOON.

BOTH COMPANIES ARE JUST PRETTY MUCH COPYING EACH OTHER AT THIS POINT.

MICROSOFT WILL ANNOUNCE VR HEADSET SOON AS WELL.

all the companies ( maybe not nintendo) are experimenting on it, but the thing is, do people really want to spend 500 on a vr headset. Much like the iluminaroom thing MS had, its a cool thing, but theres not really a market for an expensive room projector experience.

as for the 8 player local, sports games, maybe 1vs100 and stuff like smash bros would be ideal for it. its not something that people would probably use, but idk if I have some friends who wanna play some 2k14, we'd each take a player. not a huge deal

I guess their initial clocks were conservative based on potential yields or they are trying to minimize the gap between Xbox One and PS4.

:rofl: :rofl:

I cant even remember the last time I played with more than 1 other person on one system.

8 player multiplayer would be sick if you could use a tablet as a screen for a couple people.

I guess their initial clocks were conservative based of potential yields or they are trying to minimize the gap between Xbox One and PS4.

Srs question, wouldn't them upping the clock speed be a good thing?

Whats the worst that could happen?

View media item 565351

do you really think that they would risk losing all of that money again due to the rrod? The system runs nearly silent ( non ms people have said this), so I dont think overheating is a problem.

What we have heard about the X1 is pretty much in stone at this point, in terms of the system itself...

Xbox One is Now in 'Full Production' With an Improved CPU
The upcoming release will be Microsoft's biggest console launch by a "wide margin."
by Lucy O'Brien SEPTEMBER 3, 2013

Xbox chief marketing officer Yusuf Mehdi has confirmed the Xbox One is now in 'full production' with a last-minute CPU boost.

Speaking at the Citi Global Technology Conference, Mehdi revealed production is on track for a November launch and the console's CPU has been improved from 1.6 GHz to 1.75 GHz. As reported by GeekWire, Mehdi said the upcoming release of the Xbox One will be the biggest Microsoft has undertaken by a "wide margin" in terms of units shipped at launch.

"(The Xbox One) is really going to shine."

The news comes roughly a month after Microsoft confirmed the Xbox One's clock speed has been increased from 800 MHz to 853. A release date for the console is yet to be officially announced.

Last edited:
do you really think that they would risk losing all of that money again due to the rrod? The system runs nearly silent ( non ms people have said this), so I dont think overheating is a problem.
They wont lose money people will just buy a replacement system or send it in to get fixed.

Early adopters always get the shaft anyway.

Back
Top Bottom