Next Gen Xbox Reveal Confirmed for May 21

They also just said that it will not function without kinect I believe.

Xbox One Will Not Function Without Kinect Attached

Xbox's UK marketing director has said that without Kinect connected, Xbox One will not function.
by Keza MacDonald
May 21, 2013

After a Microsoft-hosted London event around the Xbox One reveal, Xbox's UK marketing director Harvey Eagle has said that the console will not function without Kinect connected.

"Kinect does require to be connected to Xbox One in all cases, yes," he said. Asked whether the Xbox One will accommodate people who perhaps play in their bedroom rather than their living room, Eagle replied: "Yes, absolutely. We use the living room almost as a moniker - that's where we assume the best screen is in the house. But if you like to play in any other room in the house, the Xbox One will deliver the same quality of experience whatever the environment."

As anyone who's ever tried to play with Kinect in an enclosed area knows, the current technology simply doesn't support it - which means that Xbox One's new Kinect sensor must be significantly different if it will work in any room in the house.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-will-not-function-without-kinect-attached

No you must have... system reveal... without showing the actual system... don't let you fanboy way get in the way of clear and precise judgement.

Again... better console reveal... keyword here being reveal... dismiss yourself peasant!

They didn't use the new controller once.

Last time...

System reveal... keyword here being reveal... Sony didn't reveal the system... M$ did... that's what a system reveal is for... if this would have called it a controller reveal then we can talk... until then...

Are you buying the system to stare at? Or are you buying to use what it's for?

Always had a PS since the 1st in the 90s..never hadda Xbox..played Xbox and hated the controller and constant bad connection i was getting..was lookin to see if id make the change over..and as of right now im still gonna stay with the PS4
this..

words right outta my mouth!

Thats when they reveal in their next keynote, the Xbox One Arcade edition, w/o kinect. 

The winner of a console war does not boil down to its ability to play used games.

That is a BIG factor when it comes to consumers...

- Why should you be forced to pay FULL price $60 for a game as opposed to waiting a few weeks or months and pay considerably less for it?
- Why are we not allowed to trade games with our friends anymore? I remember back in the SNES days, I used to trade my Tecmo Super NBA Bball for Tiny Toons Buster Busts Loose etc etc.
Or today, if your friend already beat a short FPS and you can't be like "Aye lemme borrow that for a bit"

But you're right, its not just about Used games and spending less money, its about the system itself right? But it looks like the PS4 is considerably stronger than the Xbox One. And before anyone brings up the PS3 was stronger than Xbox 360, but 360 had smoother playing games, it was because of the way the PS3 hardware was set up. They have addressed it this time and have made the PS4 Dev friendly.

Xbox One can keep all those extra features: connecting to cable box, using connect to change channels, NFL whatever that is. I'll take the PS4 with the PRESUMABLY better graphics and smoother gameplay.

They also just said that it will not function without kinect I believe.
Xbox One Will Not Function Without Kinect Attached
Xbox's UK marketing director has said that without Kinect connected, Xbox One will not function.
by Keza MacDonald
May 21, 2013

After a Microsoft-hosted London event around the Xbox One reveal, Xbox's UK marketing director Harvey Eagle has said that the console will not function without Kinect connected.

"Kinect does require to be connected to Xbox One in all cases, yes," he said. Asked whether the Xbox One will accommodate people who perhaps play in their bedroom rather than their living room, Eagle replied: "Yes, absolutely. We use the living room almost as a moniker - that's where we assume the best screen is in the house. But if you like to play in any other room in the house, the Xbox One will deliver the same quality of experience whatever the environment."

As anyone who's ever tried to play with Kinect in an enclosed area knows, the current technology simply doesn't support it - which means that Xbox One's new Kinect sensor must be significantly different if it will work in any room in the house.
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-will-not-function-without-kinect-attached
Whats the problem? kinect is included is it that big a deal to plug it in?

And what do you call all the Sony fans who are only in here to throw salt?

People are just being realistic homie.

They were actually on stage playing Killzone.

You didn't see that in this conference. And I honestly don't see the big deal because e3 is right around the corner.

But you Xbox fanboys have a way of not speaking the truth when it comes to Xbox so this is nothing new.

I was already planning on buying both consoles eventually. Sony gave me a reason to. M$ hasn't yet. But like I said E3 is right around the corner. So I expect them to make their move then.

The winner of a console war does not boil down to its ability to play used games.

That is a BIG factor when it comes to consumers...

- Why should you be forced to pay FULL price $60 for a game as opposed to waiting a few weeks or months and pay considerably less for it?
- Why are we not allowed to trade games with our friends anymore? I remember back in the SNES days, I used to trade my Tecmo Super NBA Bball for Tiny Toons Buster Busts Loose etc etc.
Or today, if your friend already beat a short FPS and you can't be like "Aye lemme borrow that for a bit"

But you're right, its not just about Used games and spending less money, its about the system itself right? But it looks like the PS4 is considerably stronger than the Xbox One. And before anyone brings up the PS3 was stronger than Xbox 360, but 360 had smoother playing games, it was because of the way the PS3 hardware was set up. They have addressed it this time and have made the PS4 Dev friendly.

Xbox One can keep all those extra features: connecting to cable box, using connect to change channels, NFL whatever that is. I'll take the PS4 with the PRESUMABLY better graphics and smoother gameplay.

Good points. I personally have never purchased a used game. How much cheaper is a game that's used a month after the R/D though?

I purchased my 360 around R/D and I've had it ever since with no problems, knock on wood. That being said, I'll probably wait for this one, as I'm pretty sure they'll come out with a "slim version" down the line.

I might even find myself buying the PS4 first.

Last edited:
roll.gif
@ assuming which one is better already. As a console the Xbox looked better (to me)

But not even all the spec are out yet for either system. I wont decide which one im copping until prolly the month before RD. Yall buggin talkin about PS4 has better performance. Based on what exactly
laugh.gif

the problem is not buying kinect its the fact that it must be used. I really hope its not going to be mandatory for the UI. Then there are people who have their fears with privacy, as you're literally always going to have that camera in front of you without knowing what its doing.

Im not gonna go into conspiracies, but with it unconfirmed if the systems always needs some sort of connectivity, and always having the camera plugged in, well.....

roll.gif
@ assuming which one is better already. As a console the Xbox looked better (to me)

But not even all the spec are out yet for either system. I wont decide which one im copping until prolly the month before RD. Yall buggin talkin about PS4 has better performance. Based on what exactly
laugh.gif
bruh, all you have to do is see that the xbox APU is on 40nm to get just an idea

:rofl: @ assuming which one is better already. As a console the Xbox looked better (to me)

But not even all the spec are out yet for either system. I wont decide which one im copping until prolly the month before RD. Yall buggin talkin about PS4 has better performance. Based on what exactly :lol:

Go read my last post.

Last edited:
So what did you do to get banned?
My homeboy who works at radio shack hooked me up with a mod 360. When I got I was super excited about it I was playing burn games for months but one day I made a rookie mistake. I logged in to my Xbox live account and played gears of war online forgetting I didn't own the original copy 2 days later got an email stating some BS how my account has been track I have been band from Xbox live due to me breaking the user agreement . Long story short I had to buy a whole new 360 to play online
that isn't MS fault, it's yours.  I got banned for playing burned games after about a year too, but I couldn't be mad because I knew the risks

these console threads are like Jay Z v. Nas, Tupac v. Biggie threads 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
People are just being realistic homie.

They were actually on stage playing Killzone.

You didn't see that in this conference. And I honestly don't see the big deal because e3 is right around the corner.

But you Xbox fanboys have a way of not speaking the truth when it comes to Xbox so this is nothing new.

I was already planning on buying both consoles eventually. Sony gave me a reason to. M$ hasn't yet. But like I said E3 is right around the corner. So I expect them to make their move then.

So negative views on the console are realism and positive views are fanboyism?

I see you.

Good points. I personally have never purchased a used game. How much cheaper is a game that's used a month after the R/D though?

I purchased my 360 around R/D and I've had it ever since with no problems, knock on wood. That being said, I'll probably wait for this one, as I'm pretty sure they'll come out with a "slim version" down the line.

I might even find myself buying the PS4 first.

It's not really about the used games. It about the fact that you can't lend or borrow a game anymore.

For example: Your not 100% sold on a game. But your friend happens to buy it and beats it. He tells you it's good you should play it. Instead of him just letting you use it. Now you have to buy it.

So instead of the option to play the game for free... You have to spend $30 to $40 on it. And that's only if the price dropped.

So negative views on the console are realism and positive views are fanboyism?

I see you.

But his argument is the One's reveal was better because they showed the console. :lol: That's it.

Back
Top Bottom