Next Gen Xbox Reveal Confirmed for May 21

I can honestly say I've never used the 360's backwards compatiblity :lol:
I'm a playstation user myself. But orginal xbox didn't have anything I really liked, with the exception of Halo 1/2 and Shenmue.

360 actually had a lot of good games so I can imagine a lot more people wanting to use that.

PS2 had a lot of great games and a huge library, the backwards compatibility was one of the reasons PS3 was so expensive, since they needed a seperate engine just to play ps2 games. It got cheaper as production got cheaper, and they switched to emulation backward compatibility only(which limited which titles worked), and then they removed it all together.

It looks like PS4 and XboxOne are taking out backward compatibility within hardware to help lower costs, but looks like we will at least have streaming backward compatibility which will require internet connection. Both companies are gonna try to avoid PS3s launch mistakes this time around I'm sure.

Wii U looks like it will be going under the radar like gamecube did. lol

Last edited:
can't get over how big the console and camera  is 
laugh.gif

that isn't MS fault, it's yours.  I got banned for playing burned games after about a year too, but I couldn't be mad because I knew the risks

these console threads are like Jay Z v. Nas, Tupac v. Biggie threads 
laugh.gif
Your right but I believe once I purchase a product from a company I should be free to do any damn thing I want with it. Specially when it comes to a Xbox . It's not like the losing out on money I pay that Xbox live gold membership every years. I buy Microsoft points.

Aren't all of the old Xbox and Playstation games available to download on the new systems for like $2-$5?

I've never looked into it, but I wanted a PS3 since I had so many games for PS2 but then I never ended up getting one.

I'm already inclined to get the NextBox from M$, but now with this no used game thing I might have to see what Sony is offereing even though I have a horrible track record with Sony and their hardware issues.

God I wish I can play Zelda on whatever console I decide to purchase... not getting the Wii thing either.

^ yeah i never played my OG xbox games on xbox 360. Except for Halo 2

If you own a 360, why would you be so salty about no backwards compatibility?
I own PS3, rarely played any 360 games, but several I would be interested in. It would be a selling point if I were to consider a One. I hardly play many games at all nowadays, so I doubt I will get either at launch.

so glad this things finally been announced

gaming forums were filled with pie in sky dreams that just needed to be put to rest
mean.gif

[table][tr][td]omponents[/td][td]Microsoft Xbox One[/td][td]Sony PlayStation 4[/td][/tr][tr][td]CPU[/td][td]8 Core CPU custom built by Microsoft[/td][td]Single-chip custom x86 AMD "Jaguar" processor, 8 cores[/td][/tr][tr][td]Graphics Processor[/td][td]D3D 11.1 chip with 32 MB embedded memory[/td][td]1.84 TFlops, AMD Radeon Graphics Core[/td][/tr][tr][td]Memory (RAM)[/td][td]8 GB DDR3[/td][td]8 GB GDDR5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Memory (Storage)[/td][td]500 GB HDD[/td][td]Not yet announced[/td][/tr][tr][td]Optical Drive[/td][td]Blu-ray/DVD combo drive[/td][td]Blu-Ray/DVD combo drive[/td][/tr][tr][td]I/O[/td][td]USB 3.0[/td][td]USB 3.0[/td][/tr][tr][td]Communication[/td][td]Ethernet, three different 802.11n radios (for connecting to controller and other devices), WiFi Direct[/td][td]Ethernet, IEEE 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1 (EDR)[/td][/tr][tr][td]A/V[/td][td]HDMI input and output, 1080p and 4K support, Optical output[/td][td]HDMI, Analog-AV, Optical output[/td][/tr][tr][td]Controller[/td][td]Xbox One controller with redesigned directional pad[/td][td]Motion-sensing six-axis, clickable touch pad, share button[/td][/tr][tr][td]Motion Control[/td][td]New Microsoft-developed Kinect camera, with 250,000-pixel infrared depth sensor and 1080p camera[/td][td]PlayStation Eye dual lens 1280x800x2 camera[/td][/tr][tr][td]Price[/td][td]Not yet announced[/td][td]Not yet announced[/td][/tr][tr][td]Availability[/td][td]Later this year[/td][td]
Holiday 2013

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-and-playstation-4-specs-compared/
[/td][/tr][/table]

Xbox One: live TV available in US only at launch, requires separate device

Xbox One’s live TV fucntionality will only be available in the US at launch, a press release from Microsoft has confirmed.

In a release sent to VG247 this evening confirms that Live TV with Kinect navigation, Live TV with One Guide, Trending, and NFL on Xbox will only be available in North America at launch. The release added that Microsoft anticipates a global roll-out over time.

As shown in the Microsoft reveal stream, and confirmed in the release, “Live TV will require a supported receiver device with HDMI output,” which is sold separately.

What do you make of the above then?

Your right but I believe once I purchase a product from a company I should be free to do any damn thing I want with it. Specially when it comes to a Xbox . It's not like the losing out on money I pay that Xbox live gold membership every years. I buy Microsoft points.

Piracy is illegal.

I can honestly say I've never used the 360's backwards compatiblity :lol:
I'm a playstation user myself. But orginal xbox didn't have anything I really liked, with the exception of Halo 1/2 and Shenmue.

360 actually had a lot of good games so I can imagine a lot more people wanting to use that.

PS2 had a lot of great games and a huge library, the backwards compatibility was one of the reasons PS3 was so expensive, since they needed a seperate engine just to play ps2 games. It got cheaper as production got cheaper, and they switched to emulation backward compatibility only(which limited which titles worked), and then they removed it all together.

It looks like PS4 and XboxOne are taking out backward compatibility within hardware to help lower costs, but looks like we will at least have streaming backward compatibility which will require internet connection. Both companies are gonna try to avoid PS3s launch mistakes this time around I'm sure.

Wii U looks like it will be going under the radar like gamecube did. lol

Yeah, I suppose that's where PSN/Live comes in. They'll probably put the more popular titles on there for you to DL.

Piracy is illegal.

So if I but a computer, I should legally be able to torrent movies/games?

:lol:

Are you serious? Your illegal activities put Microsoft at risk of getting sued from other companies so why would they let you do that? When you purchase a car can you run it at 120 down the highway without reaping the consequences just because you own the car? SMH at that mentality. 

And I just read all the comments above me saying the same thing so clearly your judgement is faulty. 

Last edited:

Piracy is illegal.

So if I but a computer, I should legally be able to torrent movies/games?

:lol:

Nah, only for Xbox he says. :lol:

Xbox One: live TV available in US only at launch, requires separate device

Xbox One’s live TV fucntionality will only be available in the US at launch, a press release from Microsoft has confirmed.

In a release sent to VG247 this evening confirms that Live TV with Kinect navigation, Live TV with One Guide, Trending, and NFL on Xbox will only be available in North America at launch. The release added that Microsoft anticipates a global roll-out over time.

As shown in the Microsoft reveal stream, and confirmed in the release, “Live TV will require a supported receiver device with HDMI output,” which is sold separately.

What do you make of the above then?

Well you would have needed a cable subscription anyway and typically that means you already have the cable box.

I don't know where the idea that the One was going to be a cable box in itself came from.

Back
Top Bottom