Next Gen Xbox Reveal Confirmed for May 21

6945982908_b7d6f3e186_z.jpg

Im wondering why people care so much about the always on issue. Like if you dont have reliable wifi or wifi at all, there are alot of things you are missing out on, besides xbox. Its sort of like an acceptable loss from a business standpoint when weighed against issues like piracy etc

ugggggggg it's about the implications, not the fact that people don't have access to the internet.  what happens if live goes down for a period of time?  what happens when you move and the cable bruhs aren't able to make an appointment until next week?  what about overseas peeps?  what about other countries that don't have NEARLY the internet saturation we do?  and the us sucks at that, there are plenty of places within the united states that barely have satellite internet, let alone a stable broadband connection.  people care because it's an un-needed aspect, **** happens and WILL happen and then people won't be able to enjoy the system they spent their money on.  why is that so hard to understand?  

well first off, it is a needed aspect since it will fight piracy. Its microsofts money they lose when people play burned games on modded systems.

Alot of things you mentioned only need one answer: Deal with it.

If the cable people arent available, oh well. That means your cable is out, so no televisiion. Your internet is out, so no browsing. Thats just a part of life.

If you live in a country that has poor connection, they dont need your money. Since you probably arent going to provide them with as much revenue as somebody who actuallly has internet and can purchase more things like movies etc.

As I said, its an acceptable loss.

Look at it from the perspective of a clothin store that only sells up to size four. The plus sized person can either A) complain about not being able to buy there B) lose weight or C) shop somewhere else. The company is okay with not having that sale, they dont want it

also you dont have to buy the console. This is a luxury not something that a person actually needs.

Last edited:
i been an xbox dude since day one. had gc ps2 and xbox (og)

got a 360 back in 08 but honestly this doesnt look good. if these features are true. ps4 will be mine when it gets cheaper

kinect sucks. i dont care for it. now i have to have it on? ok fine i wont use it. what about that internet connectivity ****?

i dont play xbox everyday. so what happens then?

i think they strated away from what made the 360 so good. the games

now its all about tv? i have a tv for that

apps? i have a phone for apps. netflix and youtube ok. but all that other tv crap is just tacky. i want a game system not another cable box

I'm intrigued by that 300K servers... they going in for the kill because almost everyone plays online.

One thing I think was so terrible was that peep out thing for the new COD :x campers galore peeking out from corners I hope that crap isn't implemented in the multiplayer aspect.

I'm going to wait and see though and not just E3 I'm talking a year or two because that's what I did and I went with the 360 and to me that was the better choice this past generation that fit my needs.

Going to do the same for this generation too.

Xbox wasn't going to sell in Japan regardless they hate American companies not named Apple from what was said in the after show on ign yesterday after the reveal.

I'm excited for this system, but I'm not going to jump the gun. I'll wait maybe until 2015 until both have settled and has some decent games and is the better overall choice that fits my needs.

I know why many are upset about the used game crap, but that doesn't apply to me because I don't buy used games.

I think all the extra entertainment things are a plus and even if you don't use it it's still good to have.

Will wait until E3 for Sony to show what they have or they might just troll again and this time show the ac adapter or some nonsense, and also for M$ to show more of their system... hoping for a Halo 2 remake though.

One more thing I heard online is that M$ took a big risk with broadband only connection with the OG Xbox when people were now getting on to 56K I think they said and that gamble payed off big time because look how much Live has grown.

They look like they're taking some more gamble with this next gen hoping it would pay off... we'll see if it does.

Also, Sony did also last gen with Blue-Ray and seems to be working out pretty well for them.

Like Jeezy said "Scared money don't make no money"

One more thing I heard online is that M$ took a big risk with broadband only connection with the OG Xbox when people were now getting on to 56K I think they said and that gamble payed off big time because look how much Live has grown.

Live grew because 360 was a huge hit, nothing to do with OG Xbox, all to do with 360 putting out great games for online play.

I know this wont effect most people but the no Ethernet port for the Xbox is huge for me. I have all 360 and ps3 plugged in directly instead of wireless and it's a big difference when doing things like playing online and Netflix

I know this wont effect most people but the no Ethernet port for the Xbox is huge for me. I have all 360 and ps3 plugged in directly instead of wireless and it's a big difference when doing things like playing online and Netflix
huh?  it looks like the last port on the right is ethernet

What exactly are you excited about from the Xbox One? What are the pluses that you took away from the conference. I'm honestly curious to hear from your standpoint because you seem incredibly content. 

Why shouldn't I be content? I haven't spent any money yet and if I don't want to, I won't. I guess it'd be more appropriate to throw a tantrum?

I feel like you're trying to fault me for remaining positive, but here goes...

- I'm REALLY excited for Forza 5.

- I love the fact that the controller only has slight changes.

- I think the new multifaceted achievement system will be interesting.

- The built in DVR is a cool feature for the gamers who do walkthroughs or montages.

- I really liked Alan Wake and Remedy is a great studio so Quantum Break should be fun.

Let me also say that if you truly expected the Japanese community to embrace the One you are very naive.

View media item 423068

What was the point of making a new console if it doesn't blow the previous model out the water??

The first thing I asked myself during the revealing was why the graphics look so lackluster.

THISSSSS

I was expecting graphics like the Avatar movie instead I see graphics that look like the loading mini movies they used to play on old PS2 and Xbox games

:smh:

when we seen the 360 and PS3 we could tell the difference by farrrrrr same with the PS2 and Xbox when we was use to the N64 and PS1 graphics

[QUOTE url="/t/534150/next-gen-xbox-reveal-confirmed-for-may-21/960#post_17954773"]

huh?  it looks like the last port on the right is ethernet
[/quote]

Smh your right I spoke to soon. I saw a compararison chart and it had ps3 as wireless/Ethernet and it had Xbox as wireless only.

Call of Duty was never a graphics powerhouse to begin with. (well may COD 4 was pretty crazy for it's time)'

You can't look at cross-gen games as indicators of next gen power. Have to look at Next Gen only games.

But if you thought next gen would look like Avatar, you have very unrealistic expectations.

Call of Duty was never a graphics powerhouse to begin with. (well may COD 4 was pretty crazy for it's time)'

You can't look at cross-gen games as indicators of next gen power. Have to look at Next Gen only games.

But if you thought next gen would look like Avatar, you have very unrealistic expectations.

Than what's the point of showing that? I and others would think you would show a trailer or footage of something that shows its capabilities

Yall sound like some damn fools making all these proclamations after a couple weak press conferences from both sony and ms. At least wait till E3 until we play the > game 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Than what's the point of showing that? I and others would think you would show a trailer or footage of something that shows its capabilities

To say "We're tighter with the biggest franchise in console gaming than you are!" to the competitor.

Back
Top Bottom