Next Gen Xbox Reveal Confirmed for May 21

THISSSSS

I was expecting graphics like the Avatar movie instead I see graphics that look like the loading mini movies they used to play on old PS2 and Xbox games

mean.gif

when we seen the 360 and PS3 we could tell the difference by farrrrrr same with the PS2 and Xbox when we was use to the N64 and PS1 graphics
People have been saying for a while that the next gen leap wouldn't be as drastic like the jump from last gen to HD. 

Strongly disagree with you when you said multiple times the majority/most of people that buy new systems do so going broke.
maybe not broke...but outside of a game or two...thats usually it. Especially in recent years... Its the same cycle. They make limited qauntities of the system. Folks in the know pre order early and buy maybe a extra stick and a game or two...then the late boomers, soccer moms etc.. wait till the holidays etc... go out and buy the system due to the overhype and the must have for xmas etc.. end up standing in long lines/getting into bidding wars. And just buy the system to appease their kids. And get a title or two and either wait awhile for used games to come around/or have them (if b.c. is available) get last gen games.

I cant remember last time a system came out and (outside of franchise/headlined titles) games just were flying off the shelves. Its usually get system...get key title aka c.o.d/mario/gta etc.. a controller.....and sit on it until used games come around..or just supplement by buying last generation games at a much discounted price.

And its not like how it was in the past when you a far and few launch titles. Systems now easily be having 20+ launch titles day of release. And by holidays easily upwards to 50. So its not like there is lack of availability of games. Its that some much dough was spent on the system and accesories...and the games being so much. B.C. kinda helps out in that department seeing as the games are at very least 30-50% cheaper.

Last edited:
Strongly disagree with you when you said multiple times the majority/most of people that buy new systems do so going broke.
maybe not broke...but outside of a game or two...thats usually it. Especially in recent years... Its the same cycle. They make limited qauntities of the system. Folks in the know pre order early and buy maybe a extra stick and a game or two...then the late boomers, soccer moms etc.. wait till the holidays etc... go out and buy the system due to the overhype and the must have for xmas etc.. end up standing in long lines/getting into bidding wars. And just buy the system to appease their kids. And get a title or two and either wait awhile for used games to come around/or have them (if b.c. is available) get last gen games.

I cant remember last time a system came out and (outside of franchise/headlined titles) games just were flying off the shelves. Its usually get system...get key title aka c.o.d/mario/gta etc.. a controller.....and sit on it until used games come around..or just supplement by buying last generation games at a much discounted price.

Kinda hard for games to fly off the shelf when very few have the system

Kinda hard for games to fly off the shelf when very few have the system
even for the ppl who do buy the systems...outside of the hardcore gamers...most buy the system...get the markee game...and if avaialble get used previous/last gen games. Even in its content...it doesnt make much sense.i am buying something new and innovating so i can use it/utilitize it in an old outdated manner.

It be like i want a new car...but the stereo system to have the ability to play tapes...and 8 tracks. i want the option to also be able to roll down windows for the nostalgic factor. A efficient engine..but the option to have it run like a block chevy. Only video games world do you have ppl who complain about the current state, demand new and forward/innovating tech/games. Then when something does happen..want to have the option to used older outdated technology.

Last i checked no one goes out buys a new tv..and say oh hd is nice, but i also wanna be able to view in telesync. i want a beefy external hd, usb 4.0 widi...but the option for a floppy drive, old school parallel ports etc..on my new pic. A blu-ray player that can play laser disk/vhs/beta max....lol

And its not like how it was in the past when you a far and few launch titles. Systems now easily be having 20+ launch titles day of release. And by holidays easily upwards to 50. So its not like there is lack of availability of games. Its that some much dough was spent on the system and accesories...and the games being so much. B.C. kinda helps out in that department seeing as the games are at very least 30-50% cheaper.
I didn't say games fly off shelves, and that isn't soley based on the ability to afford the games. I said majority(over half) of people buying consoles for $400-600 right at release date, are not people that are doing so and going broke, to the point where they can't afford a game. There are people that do that I'm sure, but the majority of people buying a new console right at release date, either have enough money to afford it reasonably, or have been saving money for a while to afford it and aren't going broke by making purchase.

Last i checked no one goes out buys a new tv..and say oh hd is nice, but i also wanna be able to view in telesync. i want a beefy external hd, usb 4.0 widi...but the option for a floppy drive, old school parallel ports etc..on my new pic. A blu-ray player that can play laser disk/vhs/beta max....lol
They do want a bluray player that plays DVDs. Since well DVDs are still being made/sold. Those other things aren't.

Last edited:
iBzvb2JSpQNRM.gif

on point
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
Saw that gif earlier, had me rolling.

I'm still going to cop though, x2.

I only play cod and the rest of the time my 360s are used for streaming netflix or comcast on demand or as an extender.

For me it isn't a sony vs microsoft thing anymore, I just like the way xbox integrates and updates their dashboards.

The controller is a big deal too, I can't wrap my hand around a sony controller for longer than 10 minutes(big hands).

I didn't say games fly off shelves, and that isn't soley based on the ability to afford the games. I said majority(over half) of people buying consoles for $400-600 right at release date, are not people that are doing so and going broke, to the point where they can't afford a game. There are people that do that I'm sure, but the majority of people buying a new console right at release date, either have enough money to afford it reasonably, or have been saving money for a while to afford it and aren't going broke by making purchase.
They do want a bluray player that plays DVDs. Since well DVDs are still being made/sold. Those other things aren't.
true on the dvd/blu ray...but they dont go out and buy a bluray to go out and buy dvds...if so its usually because..the movie doesnt have a blu ray version..and/or the dvd version is cheaper. I cant see someone having a blu ray player...seeing avatar for bluray and dvd, and them choosing dvd over bluray and the cost..or the fact they can get it used isnt a factor.

And as far as gamming purchasing...hardcore gamers are at the bottom of the totem pole. The causual gamer/ the soccer moms etc...the families rule (see why wii was so successful from the jump and the other big two gained popularity after they became cheaper...in terms of systems/games) They arent ususually saving up..Its more of the kids/commericals/media etc...start the hype train around the holidays, kids inform parents/casual gamers just learn about it. And because of hype last minute run out a get the systems so they dont disappoint the kids..or be the first to have it.

If you look at release of systems and holidays...the comparison of systems sold to games sold isnt much of a difference (in terms of numbers) If not money then what is it? Surely the systems cost faaaaaaaar more then the games. Cant say oh not alot of games out. Its simple...ppl buying the systems just to be the first to have it, holiday season and dont wanna disappoint kids, or casual gamer who bought into the hype.

Why else would it be a huge increase in certain games months or even a year later after it was released...especially launch titles? Its because they didnt have the money, waited for it to be cheaper or used...got the main/key/must have games...and can supplement their game fix after getting bored with those one or two games they bought when the system first came out by, playing previous systems games.

Thats why i believe they dont want backwards compatibility. That would slow down ppl going out buying systems..just to have it...and waiting months/a year to buy last years games at a discount, or buying used/last system games in which they make no money off of.

Even using your blu ray example...If i go out and buy a player..im not gonna go out and get one or two blu ray movies, and buy a ton of dvd movies that are available in blu ray format. Unless i cant afford the blu ray version. No different then getting a 3d player... getting just avatar, and then passing on 3d versions to get standard dvd versions of the movie.

I thought the point of the console reveal was to, you know, reveal the console.

E3 is three weeks away. If Microsoft gave all the naysayers what they feel entitled to, the showing at E3 would be irrelevant.

That is unless you think they have enough content right now to have had an equally impressive showing at each event.
I didn't say that M$ should reveal all the games.

All they had to do was show me an actual gameplay video of cod ghosts and that would give me reference of what I can expect from the other games at e3.

I'm comparing M$'s console reveal to sony's "console" reveal.

It's clear that sony had the better console reveal.

iBzvb2JSpQNRM.gif

on point :lol: ,:\

Saw that gif earlier, had me rolling.

I'm still going to cop though, x2.
I only play cod and the rest of the time my 360s are used for streaming netflix or comcast on demand or as an extender.
For me it isn't a sony vs microsoft thing anymore, I just like the way xbox integrates and updates their dashboards.
The controller is a big deal too, I can't wrap my hand around a sony controller for longer than 10 minutes(big hands).

:rofl:!

The Wii-U part had me in tears

When the wii u came out, I thought that it wasn't too stellar.

Now, I think that it'll definitely sell more consoles/games than M$/sony.

Im looking for them large scale battles from battlefield pc, if a system can deliver that with no hiccups, that will be the system ill be coping

Once wiiu comes out with smash brothers online mario kart online zelda online theywill sell like hot cakes

true on the dvd/blu ray...but they dont go out and buy a bluray to go out and buy dvds...if so its usually because..the movie doesnt have a blu ray version..and/or the dvd version is cheaper. I cant see someone having a blu ray player...seeing avatar for bluray and dvd, and them choosing dvd over bluray and the cost..or the fact they can get it used isnt a factor.

And as far as gamming purchasing...hardcore gamers are at the bottom of the totem pole. The causual gamer/ the soccer moms etc...the families rule (see why wii was so successful from the jump and the other big two gained popularity after they became cheaper...in terms of systems/games) They arent ususually saving up..Its more of the kids/commericals/media etc...start the hype train around the holidays, kids inform parents/casual gamers just learn about it. And because of hype last minute run out a get the systems so they dont disappoint the kids..or be the first to have it.

If you look at release of systems and holidays...the comparison of systems sold to games sold isnt much of a difference (in terms of numbers) If not money then what is it? Surely the systems cost faaaaaaaar more then the games. Cant say oh not alot of games out. Its simple...ppl buying the systems just to be the first to have it, holiday season and dont wanna disappoint kids, or casual gamer who bought into the hype.

Why else would it be a huge increase in certain games months or even a year later after it was released...especially launch titles? Its because they didnt have the money, waited for it to be cheaper or used...got the main/key/must have games...and can supplement their game fix after getting bored with those one or two games they bought when the system first came out by, playing previous systems games.

Thats why i believe they dont want backwards compatibility. That would slow down ppl going out buying systems..just to have it...and waiting months/a year to buy last years games at a discount, or buying used/last system games in which they make no money off of.

Even using your blu ray example...If i go out and buy a player..im not gonna go out and get one or two blu ray movies, and buy a ton of dvd movies that are available in blu ray format. Unless i cant afford the blu ray version. No different then getting a 3d player... getting just avatar, and then passing on 3d versions to get standard dvd versions of the movie.

The DVD aspect of Blu-ray players, is that before blu-rays, everyone had libraries of DVDs. It's not mainly about buying new DVDs to play in bluray player, its about keeping your old collection of DVDs and still being able to play them without out multiple devices. Its why back in day we had DVD/VHS combo devices, because people still had all their VHS from before DVDs were introduced.

When I got my PS2 way back when, I gave my PS1 to my younger cousin because all my games now worked on PS2, other people just sold there old consoles. No one will be doing that off bat this time around until a lot of games are available.

At launch there is no reason to buy 10 games if your only going to be playing 2-3. Not to mention people usually prefer certain genres to others. I hate racing games, but a lot of people love them. I like RPG games, but a lot of people hate them. I'm gonna buy the game or games I like and Joe is gonna buy the ones he likes.

If there are two action/adventure games out at release day, someone who likes that genre is only going to buy one to start, and maybe after they finish that one will they go out and buy the next one, especially if they hear it is good. Increases in sales in later months usual result from newer people buying console, and from word of mouth of hearing a certain game is good. There are only a few games that (some) people think they must have on their release day, and they usually are franchises like CoD or Madden. In later years it usually results in price drops when it's released as greatest hits. Anyways people DO buy games when they are cheaper. I never said they didn't.

You have that backwards, If someone could sell there 360 for $100 to go towards purchase of X1, they would more easily if they can maintain their collection of games form last several years. The most likely reason they are doing it is to keep cost down and not do what PS3 tried to do. Even though a lot of people will stick with Sony or MS, if they have been with them in past, BC would help sway people to stay with that manufacturer. But it doesn't matter since neither of those two are deciding to do it this time around (via hardware anyways).

Back
Top Bottom