NFL Could ban hair flowing out of helmets...

[h2][/h2]
[h2]NFL Could Ban Hair Flowing Out of Helmets[/h2]
Posted Mar 21st 2008 10:06AM by Michael David Smith
Filed under: Chiefs, Jaguars, Steelers, Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Featured Stories, The Word

troypolamalu.jpg
Steelers safety Troy Polamalu is known as much for the long hair that goes halfway down his back as for anything else. But Polamalu and other NFL players may soon be banned from exposing long hair on the field.

Adam Schefter reported on NFL Network that the NFL's competition committee is considering a rule that would bar a player from wearing his hair long enough on the field to obscure his name on the back of his jersey. Players like Polamalu and Jaguars cornerback Rashaen Mathis would either need to get a haircut or figure out a way to stuff all that hair in their helmets throughout a game.

According to Schefter, the Kansas City Chiefs proposed the rule change, perhaps motivated by the incident in October 2006, when Chiefs running back Larry Johnson pulled Polamalu's hair to drag him down from behind -- which is legal -- and then held onto the hair after both players hit the ground, drawing an unnecessary roughness penalty.

Schefter reports that the Chiefs have argued that the hair requirement should be enforced as a uniform violation, similar to the league's requirements that players wear their socks a certain way. But there's also some support for the rules change from league insiders who believe it's unsafe to have players running around with hair hanging out their helmet.

The 32 teams are expected to vote on the proposed rules change at the league meeting at the end of the month.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/03/21/nfl-could-ban-hair-flowing-out-of-helmets/

thats such a terrible thing to happen....ive always thought one of the most intimidating things to see on a football feild is a big fast dude with long dreadscoming right at you.

Ricky Williams in the Saints FTW!!

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

thas how i feel about the NFL right now
tryin to eliminate any kind of individuality
its gettin kinda ridiculous

Originally Posted by Flexo vs Bender

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

thas how i feel about the NFL right now
tryin to eliminate any kind of individuality
its gettin kinda ridiculous

Remember their nickname.......the No Fun League.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

thats such a terrible thing to happen....ive always thought one of the most intimidating things to see on a football feild is a big fast dude with long dreads coming right at you.

Ricky Williams in the Saints FTW!!

laugh.gif
Son, they got helmets on.

it's about time. it really is a safety issue. only a matter of time until someone gets grabbed by hair and has their head whipped around

indifferent.gif

Marion Barber without dreads is not the same Marion Barber with dreads...

bring Paul Tagliabue back!

What they need to do is simple...

Make "pulling an opposing players hair" a punishable offense that comes with a fine...something like 1 game suspension plus 100,000k fine...then itwon't be a thing

Cause you won't want to be on that list

Then again, that takes away from the game so maybe they should just shave their heads
laugh.gif

I dont understand some of ya'll. They wear HELMETS during a game who cares if they have to cut it, there are more serious things in the world god forbidthey cut their dreads a little bit.

there going to have to vote on the rule which im sure more then half the teams are going to laugh at and say no

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

I dont understand some of ya'll. They wear HELMETS during a game who cares if they have to cut it, there are more serious things in the world god forbid they cut their dreads a little bit.

indifferent.gif

its their hair, who are you to tell a grown man how to have his hair.

i always wondered why football players did that. i would be terrified to have my hair hanging outta my helmet.

it could get yanked, stomped on, who knows. im not sayin that they should ban it. but it seems hazardous. it should be left to the players decision. you wouldthink that if it got pulled on and caused pain, the player would be smart enought to trim it or have it styled or tied up in some way.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

They wear HELMETS during a game who cares if they have to cut it
Football isn't the only thing that matters.
there are more serious things in the world god forbid they cut their dreads a little bit.
Great logic.

Are you kidding me, seriously? HAIR is THAT serious? Hair? What's wrong with the logic? It's hair. They will still have groupies waiting for themin clubs and outside hotels if they cut their hair.

its their hair, who are you to tell a grown man how to have his hair.

You do know some employers have rules against how long you hair can be, right?

I remember a couple years back alot of you clowns were getting on David Stern on the dress code. And the same people made a Appreciation Post on how theplayers look, so please.

I dont understand some of ya'll. They wear HELMETS during a game who cares if they have to cut it, there are more serious things in the world god forbid they cut their dreads a little bit.

wow, you sound like a fool. how is the league gonna tell players what hair style to have or how long their hair should be?

I remember a couple years back alot of you clowns were getting on David Stern on the dress code. And the same people made a Appreciation Post on how the players look, so please.

Stern doesnt tell anybody how to wear their HAIR. that is their body. the league aint private school

Back
Top Bottom