NFL Could ban hair flowing out of helmets...

another reason da MLB >>> all in terms of individuality.....

you can rock a iced out chain while you play baseball ala big papi in da american league championship VS da yankees...and you can rock whatever kind ofundershirt you want....hell you can walk around wit your hair as long as you want too

Originally Posted by ChampionHood

you can rock a iced out chain while you play baseball ala big papi in da american league championship VS da yankees...and you can rock whatever kind of undershirt you want....hell you can walk around wit your hair as long as you want too

I thought the Yankees were not allowed to have facial hair?

if they think its a problem with their names covered by their hair then they should just have the rule you can have your hair out as long as your name is stillvisible

Originally Posted by k0befomvp

you can rock a iced out chain while you play baseball ala big papi in da american league championship VS da yankees...and you can rock whatever kind of undershirt you want....hell you can walk around wit your hair as long as you want too

That's correct. The Yankees don't allow facial hair. They also don't allow long hair either. So I think the MLB point is pretty much moot..

all its gonna do is force them to have a goofy looking hair bun hanging out of their helmet right above their name ... i think the long hair does lookridiculous on al harris and such but i mean hey thats them

I think you're all stupid and missing the crucial point behind this genius decision here..

CLEARLY, shorter hair on all such relevant players would decrease their 40 times by 0.1 seconds AT LEAST. In turn, this could be HIGHLIGHTED over and overagain and thus lead to an increase in total game speed, fan enjoyment, and $$$!

I support the decision! That said.. All Sikh players should get an exemption.. Are there any?

Originally Posted by ebayologist

That's correct. The Yankees don't allow facial hair. They also don't allow long hair either. So I think the MLB point is pretty much moot..

Exactly. It's not just the Yankees, Joe Girardi banned facial when he managed the Marlins, so did Willie Randolph with the Mets and don't even getstarted on Marge Schott with the Reds - players couldn't even wear earrings. It's just the nature of professional sports to want to control theirmulti-million dollar image.

I think it sucks to take away individuality from players but when it comes to uniform issues and safety I can't say I blame the employers. To be honest,I'm surprised that the hair issue hasn't been address before, it was only a matter of time before some running back got seriously hurt.

thats one team, not da whole league....

this is the dumbest thing i ever heard. it really hasnt been a problem so i dont see why all over a sudden they are trying to have them cut their hair. thecommish is going crazy with this.

At first I thought it was another example of the No Fun League. Then, I read the part about the Chief's incident. That's clearly a safety/competitionissue.

Since it's legal, that's practically a legal horse collar. Players would be safer if they didn't have it.

On the other side, it might be an advantage to the player if they can cause the refs to call an unsportsmanlike conduct cuz the opposing player kept holding onafter the whistle. You see tons of players keep playing for a bit after a whistle. Sometimes they're just being safe. Or they might not hear the whistledue to crowd noise. Poluamu's hair is so long, it's practically a body shield for attracting penalties on the other players.

Back
Top Bottom