NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
^He lost a bet. Reminds me of the time we had to rock those god awful Chief avy's. Speaking of which, it's time for revenge :evil:

Rooting for Burfict even though every single character flag was warranted during the Combine and Draft process. He's the type of player you unleash without necessarily understanding or controlling the outcome/consequences.

Well Rey Maualuga has angered Trent Richardson. Curtsey of Bengals.com

FODDER: It's not exactly the Great Pepto Bismol controversy of 2004 when Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson sent the Browns secondary a package the week of the game. But this year's version of the rivalry got a little heated when Browns rookie running back Trent Richardson took exception to Bengals middle linebacker Rey Maualuga's observation that Richardson didn’t do anything "spectacular" in the opener.

Maualuga didn't appear to be dismissive of Richardson's talents. He seemed to indicate that because Richardson didn't have a big game Sunday (39 yards on 19 carries), he would come into PBS fired up looking to do much better.

"He just didn't do anything spectacular from what I've seen. I'm pretty sure wants to get after it when they play against us," Maualuga said.

But that's not the way Richardson saw it.

"When somebody wants to talk mess, I mean, hey, that's them. I let my game speak for itself, so if they want to see how mad I am, or how upset they got me about the comment, you'll see Sunday," Richardson told The Cleveland Plain-Dealer.

And Richardson said he might try to do what he did to Philadelphia's Kurt Coleman last Sunday on his longest run, a nine-yarder, and knock Maualuga's helmet off.

"He's right," Richardson said. "I haven't done anything yet. Hopefully this weekend I can give him a little flavor of what I'm supposed to come into the NFL with, so I think stuff like that is funny. It's very encouraging."

:lol:

Last edited:
Ben holds onto the ball way too long, that's why he's taking hits and has defenders hanging off him half the time :lol:

The steelers Oline woes only started in the last 2 years, Cutlet since he landed in Chi has had **** line, Football begins with your Oline / Dline.

No it's been bad since 07 with Faneca and Hartings leaving/retiring. Somehow they still won one and been to two since then. No doubt Ben holds the ball at times too long but the line has been bad 5 years running now.

Ben holds onto the ball way too long, that's why he's taking hits and has defenders hanging off him half the time :lol:

The steelers Oline woes only started in the last 2 years, Cutlet since he landed in Chi has had **** line, Football begins with your Oline / Dline.

QBs are only as good as their team (including the defense). Steeler's o-line isn't as bad as people think because Ben does hold onto the ball too long. I'm hoping Haley will work on him getting rid of the ball ASAP.

How on earth did Richardson get offended by what Maualuga said? What a dummy. Guess he's trying to manufacture motivation, ain't s**t else on that squad to be motivated about...Not sure if weeden can even hand off correctly with that type of QB rating.

But wouldn't we all agree that with the specific Eli/Cutler comparison, Eli is just the better QB regardless of rings or body language/demeanor on the field. Pains me to say it as an ardent Philly fan.

Arm strength is the only clear category I can give to Jay without argument.

Last edited:
Thanks ESPN for informing the NFL that they had a Saints fan officiating the Saints game today. What a joke.

But wouldn't we all agree that with the specific Eli/Cutler comparison, Eli is just the better QB regardless of rings or body language/demeanor on the field. Pains me to say it as an ardent Philly fan.

I'd agree Eli is a better all around QB, but he's also had a better all around team around him that Cutler has ever had.

How do you think Vick will rebound from week 1?

Eli Manning has the same Uncaring "looks and body language" as Cutler but he's considered "a Cool even keel guy" because he has the superbowl wins...
Winning changes a lot of perceptions and Realities

I agree that Eli has that dumbfounded look on his face, but it's not the superbowls that let that "look" and "attitude" slide - it's the fact that over the last 5-7 years he has proven to be able to lead 4th quarter comebacks all the time. Yes, winning changes perceptions, but it's not only super bowls - it's Eli doing it in the regular season with his back against the wall, taking teams to the playoffs and eventually yes, winning the big one...twice.

agreed.

and Eli has a cannon, he throws the deep ball really well, Cutler just has more mustard on his throws.

Looks like Burfict is starting today at the will spot...Hes most suited OCR the mike, maybe the sam, but the will? Hmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom