NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thomas Howard out for the year with a torn ACL.
mean.gif

Bright side is that Vontaze Burfict is starting Sunday.
pimp.gif
Interested to see Burfict's crazy *** flying around...
laugh.gif

if the tables were turned...and the bears sacked rodgers 4 times and won the game....would everyone be making a big deal out of aaron rodgers yelling and such at james jones after that big drop??

http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/page.php?page_id=279

i highly doubt...perception is jay has a poor attitude..and he imploded last night....bottom line is, peyton manning, tom brady, aaron rodgers all the way down to tony romo, they all got one thing in common other than their positions....they yell at cats after they mess up...

sad to see bruschi and them talking about jay like so, singling him out like hes the only one to yell at lineman for getting ABUSED from the coin flip...no...ive seen it happen plenty of times...its gonna happen more...but that perception keeps people thinking he's a dude with an attitude...hes just a quiet, withdrawn dude..nothing wrong with that...

every man on that football field, including coaches and trainers are fiery and has to have an edge...they wouldnt be where they are without it...

that loss is more so or at least equally on the bears o line as it is jay cutler...

But you have to factor in how long the Bears fanbase has been patiently waiting for a "franchise" QB. Now that they have Cutler and they recognize his talent, they are super frustrated with him at times. And I bet that knee injury from the playoffs a couple years back didn't sit well with fans either.

FTR, I don't have a problem with anything Cutler said, on and off the field. That's just Jay being Jay.

people are upset that Jay looks like he doesnt care, he gets in the lines face because hes getting his *** beat all night like he stole something and everyone has a problem with that? Man **** that.

Your the one of the leaders of that team, get in their ******g face when they dont play at a professional level.

No reason Clay should have 4 sacks, are you ******g kidding me.

I don't think you guys get it. There's ways to handle those situation and Jay is all over the place and going about it the wrong way. If you can't see the difference between how he handles it with the way a Brady or Manning do then I don't know what to tell you guys.

His attitude sucks and there is nothing inspiring or leadership driven about how he acts. He apparently just doesn't have it.

There's a difference between getting in someones face when they aren't doing their job and pointing the finger and actually bumping the player you're pointing the finger at. That's NOT the way it's done. No other way to spin it.

Last edited:
I don't think you guys get it. There's ways to handle those situation and Jay is all over the place and going about it the wrong way. If you can't see the difference between how he handles it with the way a Brady or Manning do then I don't know what to tell you guys.
His attitude sucks and there is nothing inspiring or leadership driven about how he acts. He apparently just doesn't have it.

youve seen more bears games than me.

he looks like he doesnt care? has the same face? wat is it? just doesnt lead?

youve seen more bears games than me.
he looks like he doesnt care? has the same face? wat is it? just doesnt lead?

After awhile, when things aren't going his way, he mopes and sends off a hopeless expression like he did after his last tantrum last night. He stands in solitude on the sidelines with no intentions of helping right the wrong.

He doesn't show any fire unless he's extremely frustrated, and when he does, he points a finger and throws a tantrum and again isolates himself from most of the offense. It's ok to be mad and frustrated and lay into someone, but you have to engage in ways to correct the situation instead of bumping your O-lineman, stare him down, and all this after he *****ed him out with a rant. That's not being a leader. It's too much and is not the way you'll ever see the great leaders in the game do it. Brees, Brady, Manning, Ray Lewis...They all yell, but they also get involved in finding a solution and focus on bringing back up the one they just tore down, and not just that one person, but the whole team receives the same treatment.

I've heard folks say "these are professionals, their feelings shouldn't get hurt." That's so dumb and an irrational statement. There's still psychological effects of handling situations in certain ways and Cutler always goes against the grain. It has nothing to do with getting feelings hurt, but being an effective leader. My feelings wuoldn't be hurt if that happened to me, but I sure as hell would lose respect for Cutler and not give a **** about his rants, ultimately rendering them ineffective and helping NO ONE.

Last edited:
That's not being a leader. It's too much and is not the way you'll ever see the great leaders in the game do it.

Definitely a better way to lead your team.

Definitely a better way to lead your team.
He started screaming at Tom first. There's nothing wrong with yelling back, we don't know what was said. Tom usually takes all the blame for himself in press conferences.

Just look at this last preseason when the media were bashing his tackle.   

Last edited:
He started screaming at Tom first. There's nothing wrong with yelling back, we don't know what was said. Tom usually takes all the blame for himself in press conferences.

Just look at this last preseason where the media were bashing his tackle.

Mmmm....kay. Sounds like excuses to me man. It was said that Tom Brady would never do such a thing because he's such a great leader. Well...I don't know about that.

And Jay threw his team under the bus in the press conference? Naw. He didn't blame the o-line for that or the coaches. He responded sarcastically to a dumb question.

So we're just gunna act like AR wasn't screaming at James Jones for making the wrong read either?

You make bad plays, you’re supposed to get yelled at

So even the Great Tom Brady agrees that if you're not performing on the field, you're supposed to be yelled at. So why are we mad at Jay for yelling at his LT? There's no excuse for that performance last night. Jay's been sacked 84 times since he's been in Chitown...most of any QB in the league.

Mmmm....kay. Sounds like excuses to me man. It was said that Tom Brady would never do such a thing because he's such a great leader. Well...I don't know about that.
And Jay threw his team under the bus in the press conference? Naw. He didn't blame the o-line for that or the coaches. He responded sarcastically to a dumb question.

Can't see the video, but I'm gonna guess you were referring to something I said, which if that's the case you need to read again. And if you found a snippet that you think proves me wrong then you're nitpicking on some bull, because if you think Cutler gets the same respect from his teammates that Brady does then you're delusional. There's a difference between earning the right to do what Brady does and Cutler who does it like a toddler would....Key phrase..."Earning the right."

Having said that...I can't see the video so sorry for the assumptions if you weren't being sarcastic.

Last edited:
So we're just gunna act like AR wasn't screaming at James Jones for making the wrong read either?
No, we already know he'll throw anyone under the bus when he can and backs out of bets.

Last edited:

Again...If you can't tell the difference then you're nuckin' futs. Rodgers yells with purpose and conviction when it needs to be done. Cutler just does it when he's getting sacked and with no intentions of helping the team.

Last edited:
if you think Cutler gets the same respect from his teammates that Brady does then you're delusional.

He doesn't. He doesn't get the same respect as Brady does in general. The real issue is that Jay hasn't won a SB yet. If he's sitting on three rings QB'ing the Patriots right now, this is a non-issue. But just because Jay hasn't won a SB doesn't mean he can't speak up when people aren't doing their job. As THE leader of the Chicago Bears, he has every right to yell at his LT. He took this team to the playoffs (with far less talent) to the playoffs where he suffered his infamous knee injury.

And hell, in that very same game when B-Marsh drops a TD pass...Jay pats him on the head. Still letting Brandon know it's his fault, but their interaction is different.

Urlacher is the leader of the Bears. Not Cutler. And yeah...There's a reason why Brady has been to 5 Super Bowls and Cutler hasn't...In fact, all the guys I listed have won a Super Bowl. I don't care that an injury hurt Chicago's chances. There was no gaurantee they'd get there and win anyway...This is all happenstance framing your argument. The fact is, Cutler isn't a great leader. That's the bottom line and no away around. You don't have to agree with me, but that's just the way it is. I show no bias here.

I doubt that pat was to say it was his (Cutler's fault) when the ball hit him in the hands. More of.."Next time." If he showed any balance he would've told him he needs to make those catches. He was subdued at that point and didn't care.

And someone who is a very good leader that hasn't won a SB...Tony Romo. He is who Cutler needs to mold himself after. He yells..But doesn't it much differently. Different body language, different emphasis, and building.

Last edited:
Urlacher hasn't been healthy for a full season in years. Fact of the matter is that Urlacher has one foot in retirement. As the quarterback of the Bears, this is Jay's team now. Used to be Brian's team, but this squad goes as Jay Cutler goes. And how can you make a blanket statement as to the reasons behind Brady''s trip to the SB's. Patriot organization > Broncos/Bears combined for that matter. There's many factors leading to Tom's success. Is Shanahan the coach that Belichick is? Or Lovie Smith for that matter? Nope. And I never ever said or implied that Bears playoff run would lead to a SB, let alone winning the Lombardi. My point was/is that Jay has earned his right to yell/scream/whatever because he took that team (where Johnny Knox is their #1 WR) to the playoffs. And considering the amount of abuse he's taken (most sacks of any QB in the league since he's been in Chicago), I'm okay with him expressing that frustration.

Obviously we don't agree here, but I hope you're not saying I'm bias to Jay Cutler. I don't have a horse in this race. Just my perspective of the same situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom