NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, even I won't put him quite on the same level as Rodgers/Brady/Brees, but it's 1a and 1b imo. Reason being is that Eli's defenses have been a notch or two better than anything those aforementioned 3 guys have had. Elite pass rushers in today's NFL can never be understated. With that said, is there a QB you take over Eli in the 4th with the game on the line? I'm not so sure you do.

Eli is already considered elite. People are putting him on the same level as Rodgers and Brady. They are absolutely right. The guy is unbelievable. Thank God the Giants drafted him. My golden years are much better, because of Eli.

:lol: Very few are putting Eli in as elite. He's had nothing but inconsistent regular season's and what some have thought to be lucky SB runs or being carried by a great D.

Elite Q's are elite both in the regular season and in the playoffs. Eli will be just that this year, but hasn't been in the past.

Last edited:
im glad some people still dont consider eli as an elite qb

underestimate him in the big games and see what happens

Eli on the same level as Rodgers and Brady

not enough facepalm and laughing smilies to illustrate the foolishness of that statement

it's been established time and time again, eli is not a top 5 QB. He's top 6

As a Cowboys fan I HATE Eli Manning! With that being said, dude is CLUTCH! And as we saw last night, don't give him time in the pocket or he will pick your secondary apart. I could've went out there and caught 5 passes last night with the amount of time he had in the pocket :lol: ... Eli is a Top 5 QB (I can't believe I just said that) :smh:

Last edited:
I don't think ya'll realize how special Eli Manning is. Obviously the Giants dominated with all their injuries last night, but Eli performed live surgery on television. And in big games? The 4th quarter? If you need one last drive, how many other QBs do you take over Eli? Nothing but respect for his game.

I don't know why people don't like to recognize how great he is, but at this point you CAN'T say he isn't a top 5 QB in this league, you just can't.

Honestly Giants fans should view Eli like Pitt fans view Ben. Perfect QB for the team he is on, and while he sometimes is viewed as being carried by a good defense, you know that the success you have seen your team go through is in large part due to that QB. I never care when someone doesn't put Ben as a top type QB. All I know are the facts and that is I've seen him have as many fourth quarter comebacks as any other QB, I've seen 3 SBs and two championships due to him. Eli just seems like a very similar situation. Great QB in my book

Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Eli, Ben. Top 5 as of today. Anybody got a problem with that?

As much as people say Houston hasn't played anyone, I would love San Fran to play a real defense, I wanna see smith under fire and see how he takes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom