NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eli on the same level as Rodgers and Brady
not enough facepalm and laughing smilies to illustrate the foolishness of that statement
it's been established time and time again, eli is not a top 5 QB. He's top 6

By who, you?

Very few are putting Eli in as elite. He's had nothing but inconsistent regular season's and what some have thought to be lucky SB runs or being carried by a great D.

It still has been one of the younger offensive teams in the league. They went 12-4 the year AFTER the Superbowl but the season was sabotaged once Plax shot himself. They still won 10 games two season's ago despite the team leading the league in dropped passes and highest turnovers out of any team (half due to WR's not securing the ball).

Giants still had an injury plagued defense a majority of the season last year as well especially the defensive line (not healthy until a few weeks prior to the playoffs), but Eli carried the team himself into the playoffs and had as good a season as a QB can have from START to FINISH especially with a non existent run game.

Nothing lucky about 15 TD and 2 INT during both Superbowl runs, that's called being more prepared and winning games efficiently vs the top tier NFL teams. Only people who don't know football would ever consider that "luck".

Last edited:
^Dude tells us it's laughable to put Eli in the top 5 with Brady, Brees, Rodgers and then tells us Eli is Top 6. Really? >D

Dope :smokin

Eli on the same level as Rodgers and Brady
not enough facepalm and laughing smilies to illustrate the foolishness of that statement
it's been established time and time again, eli is not a top 5 QB. He's top 6

By who, you?

Very few are putting Eli in as elite. He's had nothing but inconsistent regular season's and what some have thought to be lucky SB runs or being carried by a great D.

It still has been one of the younger offensive teams in the league. They went 12-4 the year AFTER the Superbowl but the season was sabotaged once Plax shot himself. They still won 10 games two season's ago despite the team leading the league in dropped passes and highest turnovers out of any team (half due to WR's not securing the ball).

Giants still had an injury plagued defense a majority of the season last year as well especially the defensive line (not healthy until a few weeks prior to the playoffs), but Eli carried the team himself into the playoffs and had as good a season as a QB can have from START to FINISH especially with a non existent run game.

Nothing lucky about 15 TD and 2 INT during both Superbowl runs, that's called being more prepared and winning games efficiently vs the top tier NFL teams. Only people who don't know football would ever consider that "luck".

All of this and he broke the record for most 4th-Quarter TD passes in a single season last year.

I'd be lying if I said watching Andre Brown at NC State made me believe he could perform this well in the NFL. Good for him taking advantage of Wilson's fumbling and Bradshaw's neck injury.

In terms of body of work, I have no problem with Eli after Brady, Rodgers, Brees, and Peyton in the top QB conversation. Big Ben is in the same tier with Eli. I don't believe that Eli is better than big brother or Brady, Rodgers, Brees.

Eli is elite, the number in which he's ranked is pretty much irrelevant, the man has 2 SB rings & 2 SB MVPs. The rest is just fodder for meat heads to discuss & argue about.

Ben's been a beast on 3rd downs this year. Steelers need to get the run game going. Wonder how Mendenhall will do when he get's back.

Are we still having this discussion of whether Eli is elite? :rofl:

He could lead the Giants to another SB ring in the near future and some people would still probably disregard him as being Elite.

Eli has more heart and resilience than most quarterbacks in the league. Even though he's not incredibly consistent. He puts up good numbers in most cases and great when his team needs him to. He is also the number one comeback QB right now in my opinion.

As much as people say Houston hasn't played anyone, I would love San Fran to play a real defense, I wanna see smith under fire and see how he takes it.

I'd still say GB has a far better D than the Fins and the Jags. Alex Smith has handled his **** since the start of last year. Did his job as game manager last year and Harbaugh has done wonders by believing in him. How you prove yourself to the doubters is handling yourself in adversity when all odds are against you and doing your job beyond expectations. ALL Niner fans were calling for his head during the sad *** 2000's...but I can't help but say the coaching had more to do with the failure and his terrible play than anything.

Glad all that sad **** and headshaking that he's gone through is finally over. Outdueling Drew Brees and coming so close to beating the Giants :frown: must have done wonders for his confidence. He's back for REVENGE this year :smokin

I don't understand how Eli doesn't get the respect he deserves. It's similar to what Alex Smith went through last year - a top defense carried him and is the sole reason why they went so far? Please, Eli is no game manager, he's a game bawse. I'm a Niner fan and some Niner fans have been calling Alex a "Game Bawse"...nah, Eli is the true game bawse. Don't give me that nonsense about him being inconsistent during the regular season, HE'S NOT PLAYING FANTASY FOOTBALL. Final question is whether he wins titles or not...and he does.

He's used to not getting his respect, he doesn't care. He'll come through at the end and get the Jints to the playoffs at the end of the season.

Son is there every week to play ball and he does just that. If he's at the helm, the Giants are never out of a game. He doesn't have personality so people don't really care for him. He's trying though with those Toyota and Dunkin' Donuts commercials :lol: :rofl: ...even though those commercials suck *** (minus the single Toyota commercial where the chick at the end says "Now that's a man")

Long time AFL/NFL ref Ben Dreith whose been retired says the replacement refs are doing fine & will get better as the season rolls on. I remember him from this famous call...:lol: Givin him the business indeed...

Last edited:
Eli is elite, the number in which he's ranked is pretty much irrelevant, the man has 2 SB rings & 2 SB MVPs. The rest is just fodder for meat heads to discuss & argue about.
Ben's been a beast on 3rd downs this year. Steelers need to get the run game going. Wonder how Mendenhall will do when he get's back.
But let's talk seriously and constructively, who should be ranked higher, Eli or Big Ben?

But let's talk seriously and constructively, who should be ranked higher, Eli or Big Ben?

Your asking the wrong dude, being a Steelers fan. :lol: Objectively though, you can't go wrong with either QB. I honestly couldn't say which one is better...Both can make tough throws in the clutch. Both are coming into the primes of their careers on teams that will continue to build around them successfully. Add to that both are 2 time SB winners so the sky is the limit within the next 5 years or so. I honestly can see both of them each getting at least another SB within the next 5-7 years...

Honestly, both have faults that make them great.

Eli will play like **** thru the first 3 quarters and then play like a man on fire in the 4th.

Big Ben because of his size holds onto to the ball sometimes way too long which can sometimes cause sacks and turnovers, but because of his ability to hold into the ball he can make those crucial plays when it's needed.

Can't go wrong with either.

I want to watch buccaneers @ cowboys tomorrow morning.. But it look like Vikings @ 49ers will be shown instead on fox..

I might have been half awake, but last nite I caught a commercial promoting free Sunday Ticket tomorrow if you've got DirecTV? Again, I'm not a 100% sure but it'll be worth checking for in the morning, if you'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom