NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curtis Martin ain't no damn HOFer. :smh::x

and wheres my avy :nerd: :frown: :lol: please & thank you :lol:

Last edited:
Co-sign on Curtis Martin. Although I have a new found respect for the guy after hearing his speach, you ain't HOF material.

Cortez Kennedy long overdue, btw.

I hope the HOF voters stop ******g around and put Cris Carter in the Hall next year.

Gonna be some serious first time eligible candidates next year.

I think Jonathon Ogden, Michael Strahan, and Warren Sapp are all eligible next year.

Yeah. Cris Carter seriously needs to be in there. I'm not worried, because he will be but why in the hell delay the inevitable?

Aj Mansour ‏@AjMansourKFAN

Wow! Word starting to circulate that Greg Childs may have torn BOTH patella tendons! Still waiting for confirmation from MRI. #FANkato #Vikings
Unbelievable.

Wow... this dude already had knee issues, I expected him to go down eventually.. but first week of camp? smfh... I'm so disappointed right now.

Jarius Wright really needs to step it up.

Last edited:
The Vikings are already injury plagued this season AP, Carlson, Childs and nearly Harvin earlier this week when he was carted off the field.

& Jerome Simpson is suspended for 3 games.

*shrug* Matt Barkley in purple?

Marcus Lattimore to supplant AP as the Vikings bellcow?

Too early to start that 2013 Vikings off-season thread? >D

Okay I'll stop being mean, sorry purple dudes.

Screw you, you.. you.. heathen!

Nah but seriously, it's not looking good at the wideout position, I'm pretty sure Simpson will have a fantastic year... but thats after the first 3 games. The WR situation after him and Harvin (with Childs going down) is just disgusting. Is there anyone available in FA anymore?

Plaxico Burress & Terrell Owens.

:\

The Vikings would be smart to inquire about Dwayne Bowe. He's currently holding out and though the Chiefs don't want to deal him I think they'd listen if the Vikings made the right offer.

Mike Wallace wouldn't make any sense, unless he wants to be under-thrown to by Ponder.

I'm not making the situation better am I?

Last edited:
Plaxico Burress, Terrell Owens, Mike Sims-Walker, Roy Williams, Mark Clayton... etc. :lol:

Matt Barkley is hideous. :x

hall of fame game tonight as the pre-season (not really a pre-season game but w/e, I'll take it) kicks off with the cardinals and saints.

FOOOOOOOOOTBALLLLLLLLLL FINALLLY.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Co-sign on Curtis Martin. Although I have a new found respect for the guy after hearing his speach, you ain't HOF material.

Cortez Kennedy long overdue, btw.

Bingo. Martin's speech was unbelievable, and Tez was long overdue. And props to Tez for giving Walter Jones a shout out. If Big Walt isn't first ballot, then they need to shut down the HoF.

Plaxico Burress, Terrell Owens, Mike Sims-Walker, Roy Williams, Mark Clayton... etc. :lol:
Matt Barkley is hideous. :x

:x

I like the Bowe suggestion but at this point, I don't want to give up anything significant.

Harrison Smith needs to start playing better too, only getting reps with the second team and they were expecting him to take over the job at SS for the opener.

I would not touch Bowe with a 10" pool. He is maddeningly inconsistent & is prone to drop balls (especially in pressure situations). For every great catch he has, there were about 2-3 drops prior...

Great speech by Curtis Martin... Very touching especially when he was talking about his mom.

Very inspirational as well...

"You should never come out of the huddle, because you never know who's coming in the huddle"

"Its not what you achieve in life that matters most, but its who you become in the process of those achievements that really matters"

:smokin

:x
I like the Bowe suggestion but at this point, I don't want to give up anything significant.
Harrison Smith needs to start playing better too, only getting reps with the second team and they were expecting him to take over the job at SS for the opener.

I heard he is playing well though. I read either on the startribune or some forum that Frazier was quoted as saying something about Harrison having to earn it as a rookie. Even though he's playing well, we want to make everyone feel like they have to earn their spots.

Something like that...Unless you've heard that he's been playing poorly.

No I've heard he's doing well too.. I just cringe at the thought of Jamarca Sanford starting game 1 for us at SS. I want him with the first team already lol

whoa there hoyer's quite a reach :lol: so lets get it!
im confident my guys will open eyes come week one. im not to worried about the texans fans at all with those injuries poppin up :lol: so i aint paying em mind.
is it week 1 yet? |I
EDIT:
im not worried about locker. he'll be just fine. after all, you're only making a big deal of what happened at training camp :rofl: :rofl:
i'd rather have Hass start anyways. and yes, Titans will take the division

didnt even know preseason started tonight :wow: til i saw it on twitter :lol:

when does the regular season begin? :nerd:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom