NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now is the time to buy low and sell high. Seattle is gonna sneak up and win that division. We'll see what the '9ers stock is worth after that.

Seattle??...................:rofl:. You think Seattle is going to be your saving grace in hopes of upsetting the 49ers season, good luck with that one champ. I expect Seattle to be descent overall this year but that's about it.

Stop it........

All those new receivers aren't gonna do much when you still have Alex Smith at the helm :lol:

Coach Jim Scwhartz made it clear Thursday that Jahvid Best (concussions) won't be gaining clearance to practice any time in the near future.
"The only thing I will say is we're measuring Jahvid in weeks, not days," explained Schwartz. "He's not day-to-day." It's become quite apparent that the Lions essentially have no clue when Best will be cleared. While it's premature to remove Best from draft boards altogether with five weeks to go before the start of the season, we're shifting our focus to Kevin Smith in the Detroit backfield.

Really at this point it's a matter of whether or not he should ultimately be cleared. Best is supremely talented, he really is special, and in that Lions offense he really has all the potential in the world. However he's only 23, he has his entire life ahead of him. He wants to play but given his concussion history he should really consider hanging them up.

It may seem like I'm blowing up his injury out of proportion, but really these things take a toll. Junior Seau's death should not be in vain, and I really believe it's EVERYONE's (the fans, the media, the athletes, the owners, the coaches) responsibility to speak up and say when enough is enough. Jahvid's not alone either, there's a litany of guys in the league that should really consider hanging 'em up.

It'd be tragic to see him have to hang 'em up so early in his career, but it'd even more tragic to bury him.

Last edited:
WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON IN HOUSTON

we need the suns training staff ASAP

the Titans are taking the AFC South.
AND..we'll beat the Pats on game 1
screen cap it.

look man, i get that you're a titans fan. but the blatant disrespect you have towards the texans is ignorant. the texans are better than the titans pretty much across the board, yet you act like we are no one.

we beat you 41-7 in week 7, and you beat us 22-23 in week 17...WHEN WE DIDN'T PLAY OUR STARTERS. WE STARTED JAKE DELHOMME AND YOU ONLY WON BY 1 POINT

In Tony's defense, maybe he truly believes Houston will not be able to replace Mario and Ryans. Personally, I'd be very impressed if Wade and the Texans can replicate the same defensive effort from a year ago.

But for Tennessee to seriously take the division, CJ will have to run for close to 2K again and Locker better hit Cook for 10+ TDs with Britt out.

screen cap it.
we beat you 41-7 in week 7, and you beat us 22-23 in week 17...WHEN WE DIDN'T PLAY OUR STARTERS. WE STARTED JAKE DELHOMME AND YOU ONLY WON BY 1 POINT
damn son 
laugh.gif

In Tony's defense, maybe he truly believes Houston will not be able to replace Mario and Ryans. Personally, I'd be very impressed if Wade and the Texans can replicate the same defensive effort from a year ago.
But for Tennessee to seriously take the division, CJ will have to run for close to 2K again and Locker better hit Cook for 10+ TDs with Britt out.

Super mario was gone 10 games last season and our defense got better as the year progressed plus our rookies got burn.

And Ryans will be missed :frown: But with Cush / Reed / Mercilus i expect our LBs to be fine

I don't know about Tennessee taking over as division champs just yet, but I think Tennessee and NFL fans will be surprised with how great Locker may be for them. Uber competitor with all the tools. I'm so excited to see him rip it up.

Tennessee doesn't have the personnel yet... or at least it hasn't developed to that point to be legitimate contenders yet. They'll scare a few teams but then look extra foolish at times.

mario played 5 games, and demeco was a 2 down linebacker last season. both players ended up being non factors.

Enough with Vikings talk they been dead...there's 31 other teams in the league we can talk about in this thread, sound like espn about tebow every hr

Now is the time to buy low and sell high. Seattle is gonna sneak up and win that division. We'll see what the '9ers stock is worth after that.
Seattle??...................
roll.gif
. You think Seattle is going to be your saving grace in hopes of upsetting the 49ers season, good luck with that one champ. I expect Seattle to be descent overall this year but that's about it.
Stop it........

All those new receivers aren't gonna do much when you still have Alex Smith at the helm
laugh.gif
glasses.gif

Coach Jim Scwhartz made it clear Thursday that Jahvid Best (concussions) won't be gaining clearance to practice any time in the near future.
"The only thing I will say is we're measuring Jahvid in weeks, not days," explained Schwartz. "He's not day-to-day." It's become quite apparent that the Lions essentially have no clue when Best will be cleared. While it's premature to remove Best from draft boards altogether with five weeks to go before the start of the season, we're shifting our focus to Kevin Smith in the Detroit backfield.

Really at this point it's a matter of whether or not he should ultimately be cleared. Best is supremely talented, he really is special, and in that Lions offense he really has all the potential in the world. However he's only 23, he has his entire life ahead of him. He wants to play but given his concussion history he should really consider hanging them up.

It may seem like I'm blowing up his injury out of proportion, but really these things take a toll. Junior Seau's death should not be in vain, and I really believe it's EVERYONE's (the fans, the media, the athletes, the owners, the coaches) responsibility to speak up and say when enough is enough. Jahvid's not alone either, there's a litany of guys in the league that should really consider hanging 'em up.
It'd be tragic to see him have to hang 'em up so early in his career, but it'd even more tragic to bury him.

As a Lions fan I hope he never plays another game. He last one wasn't even that hard of a hit. It's time to call it a career.

screen cap it.

screen cap'd, quoted, and ready to go. bring it :pimp:

i'll even go as far as to say brian hoyer beats the titans in week 1, if necessary

Last edited:
As a Lions fan I hope he never plays another game. He last one wasn't even that hard of a hit. It's time to call it a career.

Thank you, it's nice to see fans standing up for what's right.

He seems to have a good head on his shoulders (no pun intended), seems like a bright kid. These young athletes are too often pigeonholed as simply athletes, as if they can't go back to their alma mater and graduate. There's other ways football can be part of his life, there's other ways these kids can still be involved in the NFL.

I think it'll take a joint effort on the part of the owners, the fans, the media, and the athletes for there to be a change. I'm frankly SICK of seeing these kids put their lives on the line like football means more than their lives. Why is it we're all like "oh he's DONE, he'll never be the same" when some one tears an ACL, but when one of these kids incur a serious concussion we're all like "ah he'll be back". There's something SERIOUSLY wrong with that logic. I love this game, I really do, but I value my fellow man's life more than I'll ever love a game.

OJ Murdock's life meant more.

Junior Seau's life meant more.

And Jahvid's life does mean more than this game.

Chronic traumatic encephalopathy is no joke, and concussions are not a matter to be taken lightly. Period. Junior Seau left his brain tissue to science so he could help future generations of football players. I don't think that gesture should be taken lightly. This is a life and death issue, no way to sugar coat it.

Last edited:
I hope whoever is in Best's corner is pushing him the right way.

Since he is showing out at Giants camp... Can we revisit the greatness that is Will Hill x Social Media???
[h1]THE HAPPY FOOTBALL LIFE OF WILL HILL[/h1]
IMG_0172_tiny.JPG
by Spencer Hall on Jan 19, 2011 10:50 AM EST

Urban Meyer wasn't paying full attention in his final year at Florida. The 8-5 record of Florida and complete trust of the program to Steve Addazio should have been enough of an indication of this, but further evidence is submitted by this weblog of record in the form of Will Hill's public and completely open Twitter feed.

If a coach were paying attention and cared, it's not that the account would have been made private. No, no. This account would have been burned, and the player associated with it shot into the sun as an example to others. Instead, Hill was clearly asked not to tweet during the season, since he trails off after September (when he was suspended for violating team rules,) only picking up again in January when he declared for the NFL draft and left classes at Florida.

Examples, samples, and highlights follow. You know the image you have of a student athlete's life being one long chain of blow jobs, massages, and constant sexual adventure? This should contradict all of that HAHAHA WE KID--It's all blow jobs, weed, and random thoughts about babies' frustrating fragility.

THIS WAS WILL HILL'S PROFILE PICTURE.

Will Hill was born excreting a powerful adhesive from the pores of his skin. This adhesive sometimes spread to his hair and his clothes. If you thought his tenure at Florida was disappointing before, please adjust your disappointment appropriately with the introduction of this new information. Also, sometimes tiny girls in bikinis became attached to him. It's a matter of chemistry, nothing more.

http://
star-divide.v59c7267.jpg

WILL HILL HAD A BUSY SOCIAL SCHEDULE

We hope this was not his male roommate or a University of Florida parking cop come to ask if that was his car illegally parked in the orange lot. That could strain a relationship...or maybe be the spark that starts a raging fire! Do not ever knock on Will HIll's door ever, because this means you are ready to make love, or better be. Urban Meyer made this mistake once in December 2009, and has experienced a burning sensation in his trachea ever since. (And one in his heart. [eyes flutter]) 

WILL HILL IS INTO COMPARATIVES NOT ABSOLUTES

Whatever food was given to him prior to this moment in time will be considered better than the food given to him at this instant. This is what great men do: they do not establish benchmarks, but instead constantly re-evaluate horrible food against the current horrible food they suspect is the worst ever, but do not want to confirm as the worst ever. He's also sourcing this to the Sydney Morning-Herald, and thus embracing responsible news-sharing protocols, but would a proper link kill you, sir?

WILL HILL IS FASCINATED WITH MOBILE USE OF HIS DEVICE

There are multiple references to receiving oral sex in a car. We don't really understand the fascination: after all, unless you keep your car very clean there's the possibility of noticing that Subway wrapper you just threw down in the floorboards, and seriously you still live like a ******ed wolf after all these years, don't you? Worse yet, you may start eyeing spare CDs the girl left around the car, and that's when impotence begins. We don't care how attractive a woman is: the instant you see a Jason Mraz CD with obvious wear and tear on it is the moment romance ******g dies.

"Sour" here either refers to "marijuana" or "something that's sour." We choose to believe the latter, since the very literal interpretation of Will Hill blowing on a horn made of winter melon and lemon rinds is a way funnier image, like a black braided Neptune of the highways getting head from your mother. (And it is your mother we're talking about here.)

WILL HILL UNDERSTANDS SUBTLE HINTS

Having lived in Gainesville for four years, let us say: this could be anyone, Will.

WILL HILL DEMANDS TO KNOW WHY YOU ARE NOT UNBREAKABLE, BABY

I THOUGHT THOSE LITTLE BASTARDS WERE UNBREAKABLE LIKE WOLVERINE---

WILL HILL SEES ALL AND JUDGES APPROPRIATELY

This is just a fine piece of citizen journalism by Hill here. No critiques; five stars and EGOT and raves all around.

WILL HILL SAYS TO REALLY RUB THE PUERTO RICAN IN THERE 

What makes this massage really special? The Puerto Rican-ness of it. Really rub the Puerto Rican in there, lady. This could mean "public relations" chick, too, in which case the University of Florida media relations department has some serious training to do regarding boundaries and players. ("He excretes a natural adhesive, sir. It wasn't my fault, but nature's.") How a massage involving a Puerto Rican could feel amazing is a legitimate question, since relaxing with the constant blowing of a shrill whistle and waving of multiple Puerto Rican flags can't possibly be soothing.

WILL HILL FINDS VIOLATIONS OF COURTESAN CODE AMUSING

This has never happened. Ever. Will Hill is a brilliant fiction writer, and the script based on this idea, "Pretty Man," will be in production sometime in 2013 starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Reese Witherspoon as the john and the lucky girl who falls head over hooker heels for the hunky, lonely widower with the magic stick and a tragic heart!

WILL HILL CLARIFIES HIS DEGREE OF HARDNESS

Vladimir Putin has no comment on Mr. Hill's imminent polonium poisoning, but would like to note that going harder than a Russian is theoretically impossible.

AMERICA ARE YOU AWARE OF THE STRANGE BARTER I HAVE BEEN PROFFERED?

The address is what we love here: it's like Bernie Mac addressing America, because a woman making a blatant offer of sex really IS a matter of national importance, especially because Agent HIll will save thousands when he discovers her boob IS REALLY A BOMB EVERYONE RUN--

WILL HILL IS A TWITTER ****TER.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/525856/airport****_medium.png

"See, dawg. Even my feces is fly/ cause I drop 'em in the airport and then take to the sky."

WILL HILL APPRECIATES THE CLEANLINESS OF HIS SHEETS, LADIES.

"You see these sheets? 400 count Egyptian cotton? Madam, this is not a matter of sexual preference. This is about appreciating luxury." "Fire head" is discomfiting, since we hear "oral sex" and "fire" and immediately think "herpes."

WILL HILL DATES WOMEN WHO EAT CHILDREN

Cannibal women: they do not intimidate Will Hill, even when they attempt to literally swallow his children. NFL draft scouts, take note, since that kind of fearlessness is exactly what you want in an NFL safety.
laugh.gif

Can I join the confrontation? I'm in college park. Ya need to come to my store and buy shoes while ya at it! #49ers

Both sound good to me champ. We'll even allow [COLOR=#red]SportsJunkie[/COLOR] to buy us a drink or two at his expense since he prides himself on being a Vikings fan......:D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom