NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABSOLUTE JOKE.

Yea, I'm a Pack fan...but as a fan of the NFL and football entirely...

....The league just HAAAAD to wait until these replacements cost a team a game. They were just asking for it. What a damn shame, man. :x

ABSOLUTE JOKE.
Yea, I'm a Pack fan...but as a fan of the NFL and football entirely...
....The league just HAAAAD to wait until these replacements cost a team a game. They were just asking for it. What a damn shame, man. :x

They been costing team games for the past 3 weeks. In the Saints game there were like 4 challenges in succession. The Saints played uninspiring in that 4th quarter but they took away at least 2 sure TD. I don't even want to get into the other games that were officiated just as horribly.

"Golden Tate is officially the first player in NFL history to commit pass interference, not catch the ball and score a touchdown." - Brandian Ross

I said last week, it isn't about short term, immediate effects. Hell ratings may go UP with these shenanigans. But long term damage is being done, the shield is slowly crumbling. Did you think you'd ever see so many players curse and blast their employer and completely disrespect the brand? I never thought it could happen. Players and coaches don't respect the league, fans clearly don't respect the league, and the media doesn't respect it either. All in three weeks. Get Goodell out, stop ruining what used to be my favorite sport

In other news, Steelers have a bye which is much needed already. What else is going on with every ones team?

People complaining about the replacement referees forget how bad officiating in general has been over the last 3 years, last year in particular...

These fools want a federal government type pension & they're part time employees making $150-$200k. All of them also have full time jobs outside of their referee gig..

Eff em. I'm just fine with the replacement refs.

Still disgusted... There's a ref right on the near side pylon with a clear view of Golden Tate throwing Sammy Shields out of his way, not even mentioning the fact that MDJ had the ball on his chest, while his back was on the chest of Tate.

Google search bad referees nfl 2011 & you'll come up with a myriad of bad call articles/posts just as bad as what's happening this year.

Ed Hochuli is a practicing attorney whose net worth is $15 mil. He's at the top of the pay scale as a tenured referee. Take the 401k offer bru, you're not hurting for dough...

Google search bad referees nfl 2011 & you'll come up with a myriad of bad call articles/posts just as bad as what's happening this year.

Ed Hochuli is a practicing attorney whose net worth is $15 mil. He's at the top of the pay scale as a tenured referee. Take the 401k offer bru, you're not hurting for dough...
Is every ref worth $15M?

And how can you say you're okay with the replacement refs after last night?  They were deeming 1st downs from replay without respotting and measuring, calling outrageous PI and roughing the passer calls, and completely jacked up on several levels the most pivotal play in the game, even after reviewing the tape.

Frank Gore ‏@Frank_Gore
We need to start a fund for @TJLang70 . Dat dude gonna get fined to the moon! #RogerGoodellSucks

Google search bad referees nfl 2011
Is every ref worth $15M?

And how can you say you're okay with the replacement refs after last night?  They were deeming 1st downs from replay without respotting and measuring, calling outrageous PI and roughing the passer calls, and completely jacked up on several levels the most pivotal play in the game, even after reviewing the tape.

Can' find it now, but there was an article in either the Wall St Journal or Bloomberg business 2 years ago on how much money the NFL refs were making outside of their Sunday jobs. They're not hurting for dough, none of them.

Remember the the GB @ Giants game last year when Ballard clearly caught a TD pass but was ruled out? Coughlin even challenged the call & it was upheld. The replacement refs are collectively just as bad as the regular refs.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...dicates-refs-missed-call-new-york-giants-loss

Last edited:
Is every ref worth $15M?

Can' find it now, but there was an article in either the Wall St Journal or Bloomberg business 2 years ago on how much money the NFL refs were making outside of their Sunday jobs. They're not hurting for dough, none of them.

Remember the the GB @ Giants game last year when Ballard clearly caught a TD pass but was ruled out? Coughlin even challenged the call & it was upheld. The replacement refs are collectively just as bad as the regular refs.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...dicates-refs-missed-call-new-york-giants-loss
Yes I do remember that call, I was at the game.  That play was just about impossible to get right in real time... Even on TV it was hard to tell if it was in or out.  It was the next day in the NYP that people started raging about that.

These refs are AWFUL.  They cant even spot the ball correctly.

Prior to the season last year, the NFL instituted all TDs were reviewed, yet much to Lovie Smith's dismay last year, Darren Sprole was awarded a TD when e clearly stepped out of bounds...Replays even showed he stepped out of bounds...

Is every ref worth $15M?

Remember the the GB @ Giants game last year when Ballard clearly caught a TD pass but was ruled out? Coughlin even challenged the call

Yes I do remember that call, I was at the game.  That play was just about impossible to get right in real time... Even on TV it was hard to tell if it was in or out.  It was the next day in the NYP that people started raging about that.

These refs are AWFUL.  They cant even spot the ball correctly.

Yea but remember, all TDs were supposed to be reviewed (which was instituted prior to last season) & even with video evidence the right call wasn't made. Again, these refs are awful, but they're just as awful as the regular refs...

I completely disagree.

Simply by their credentials, they are not on the same level.  These guys are D3 refs, LINGERIE League refs.

There's been bad calls before, sure.  But there has NEVER been anything like this.

Even Las Vegas says that the refs are changing the dynamics of the game. 

I guess we'll agree to disagree...Those refs were awful last year, this year is just a continuance to me...

I completely disagree.

Simply by their credentials, they are not on the same level.  These guys are D3 refs, LINGERIE League refs.

There's been bad calls before, sure.  But there has NEVER been anything like this.

Even Las Vegas says that the refs are changing the dynamics of the game.
Truth. There's no comparison... It's one thing to make a mistake, these dudes DON'T KNOW what they're doing.

Well thats it. Like I said yesterday you just cant take these games seriously until the real refs come back and then this just put the stamp on it. It sucks that we as fans have to be subjected to this, but it wont make me stop watching so I'm just going to try and give them a little of slack and laugh it off when they make egregious errors.

I guess we'll agree to disagree...Those refs were awful last year, this year is just a continuance to me...
That's fine. But I still think you have to heavily weight the fact that these guys are unsure about the rules.

Look at the McCluster "fumble" that was whistled dead when it was recovered by the saints...  He went down injured without being touched and gave up the ball, but the refs blew the whistle when it was scooped by the Saints?

So which is it? A fumble? Then he should have been able to take it to the house.

A dead ball via the player giving himself up as his arm damn near snapped in half?  Then there is no fumble.

It cant be a mix of both.

That's fine. But I still think you have to heavily weight the fact that these guys are unsure about the rules.

Look at the McCluster "fumble" that was whistled dead when it was recovered by the saints...  He went down injured without being touched and gave up the ball, but the refs blew the whistle when it was scooped by the Saints?

So which is it? A fumble? Then he should have been able to take it to the house.

A dead ball via the player giving himself up as his arm damn near snapped in half?  Then there is no fumble.

It cant be a mix of both.

I'll agree the replacement refs are not as well versed in the rules as regular refs, but I think they're doing an ok job considering that fact (as replacements, especially under so much duress). I just think the officiating prior to this year has been getting worse & worse with the crescendo that was last year especially with the advent of replay. People have such short term memories. Last year was the worst I've seen in officiating in my 30+ years of watching the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom