NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regular refs called this a TD too a couple years back, and the ref right there lookin at it. They reviewed it, and STILL called it a TD. :x :lol: But at least they know that 27 yards is not a 15 yard penalty, and not to give the kicking balls to QB's for 2 point tries. :lol:

Regular refs called this a TD too a couple years back, and the ref right there lookin at it. They reviewed it, and STILL called it a TD. :x :lol: But at least they know that 27 yards is not a 15 yard penalty, and not to give the kicking balls to QB's for 2 point tries. :lol:

The funny thing is in all the photos I've come across of bad calls, there are ref(s) standing right there in full view of the play...

Clay Mathews :wow: :wow: :rofl: :rofl:

Even though in the past the refs have screwed up some big calls, I agree that the fans, players, coaches, & media disrespecting the league is big in this whole situation. & that's on top of the :x :x calls being made by the replacements,

I guess the NFL is reviewing the game and will make a statement later today. Whatever that means...

After a controversial officials' ruling left the Seattle Seahawks winning in a bizarre finish over the Green Bay Packers on "Monday Night Football," Packers guard T.J. Lang tweeted: "Got f---- by the refs.. Embarrassing. Thanks nfl."

A short time later, Lang added: "F---- it NFL.. Fine me and use the money to pay the regular refs." Packers guard Josh Sitton also took issue with the finish, suggesting the NFL owes the team an apology. Seahawks receiver Golden Tate's comments about the catch set Sitton off further as he tweeted: "Golden tate is full of s--- too. Saying he clearly caught that is embarrassing! F---- jokers!"

Many on Twitter and ESPN's conversations agreed that it's time for the NFL to do something about the officiating, which has been at issue this season after the league locked out its regular game officials in a contract dispute.

NFL players

#NFL C'MON MAN! Can't even be upset anymore. All I can do is laugh. Laugh at the #NFL for allowing America's game to come this. WOW!

— Greg Jennings (@GregJennings) September 25, 2012

13th man beat us tonight.

— Tom Crabtree (@TCrabtree83) September 25, 2012

Can't believe this.. Never seen anything like it.

— cj wilson (@cjwilson95) September 25, 2012

I love this league and love the game of football, but tonight's debacle hurts me greatly. This is NOT the league we're supposed to represent

— Drew Brees (@drewbrees) September 25, 2012

Ironic that our league punishes those based on conduct detrimental. Whose CONDUCT is DETRIMENTAL now?

— Drew Brees (@drewbrees) September 25, 2012

If the refs can do that than @jonvilma51 should be able to play next game .....

— MikeMcKenzie34ways (@MikeMcKenzie34w) September 25, 2012

As an NFL player.. knowing how much goes into this game.. Its demoralizing & hurts

— Visanthe Shiancoe (@VShiancoe) September 25, 2012

Drama. Great for business. Godspeed, Ed Hochuli.

— Arian Foster (@ArianFoster) September 25, 2012

#MNFcircus act...Gruden is right "this is wrong"

— Jimmy Graham (@TheJimmyGraham) September 25, 2012

This is what the NFL has come down to, &yet they tell you to respect the shield! Lol. But they'll try to fine us for everything thing we do.

— DARNELL DOCKETT (@ddockett) September 25, 2012

This is crazy... I'm still SMH... Can't call it!!!! Refs r a joke...they also missed that O Pass interference on Tate... 2 hand push off

— Derek Hagan(@dhagan80) September 25, 2012

Refs single handedly blew this one...

— Reggie Bush (@reggie_bush) September 25, 2012

4 yrs, 4 staffs, each staff coached:"DO NOT try to intercept it! BAT IT DOWN"

— Aaron Curry (@AaronCurry51) September 25, 2012

You have the Immaculate Reception in Pittsburg with Franco Harris and then u have the Immaculate Deception from last night!

— Derrick Ward (@DerrickWard32) September 25, 2012

I had to check my TV Guide bc for a sec I thought I was watching Punk'd... I was just waiting for Ashton to pop out... Smdh

— Brian Hartline (@brianhartline) September 25, 2012

I've been saying give the refs a break but that TD call was ridicules. How do you miss that? Pop Warner refs would have gotten that right.

— Tony Gonzalez (@TonyGonzalez88) September 25, 2012

For the NFL to tell u as the fans there is nothing wrong with these officials is a slap in the face to u!!!! #ReplacementRefs

— Chris Harris (@ChrisHarrisNFL) September 25, 2012

Athletes and observers

These replacement refs gotta go man!! Packers just got game took from them. I LOVE NFL football to much to see this type of work.

— LeBron James (@KingJames) September 25, 2012

Embarrassment for everyone at the NFL. This ref mess is costing people games and is gonna cost someone their health and a JOB soon!#shame

— Jason Taylor (@JasonTaylor) September 25, 2012

I would love to see what my reaction would be if a Mavs game ended like #MNF. #Expensive #NBAtime

— Mark Cuban (@mcuban) September 25, 2012

Crazy last play @seahawks win. Amazing game by D pass rush, special teams and heave by @dangerusswilson and @showtimetate catch! Wow.

— Paul Allen (@PaulGAllen) September 25, 2012

All @nfl fans watch the Ryder Cup this week, we got no refs. #USA

— bubba watson (@bubbawatson) September 25, 2012

Fan reaction

CityofSteel1979: That wasnt even close to a simultaneous catch.

PackerBadg3rFAN: I'm done with nfl football until they reward the packers the game..

utepforever: Wow! What a terrible call. Offensive pass interference..Green bay wins. Just sayin'!

Canefan321: give the regular refs whatever they want . At least this wasn't a postseason game.

nancyjfey: Wow, Seattle Seahawks were given a gift by the replacement officials. First the officials missed the pass interference by Tate then they gave him the touchdown when Jennings clearly had the ball. It is time for the NFL to settle with the referees already.

djrussum: I am a Seahawks fan but if this doesn't push the ref situation over the edge I don't know what will.

imagine if its overturned :wow: :wow:
can they even do that?

IT WOULD SEEM THAT THE COMMISSIONER CAN ON HIS OWN OVERTURN THE CALL. 99 % SURE HE WILL NOT, BUT IT WOULD TRULY BE THE RIGHT THING TO DO.

Unfair Acts
Commissioner’s Authority
The Commissioner has sole authority to investigate and to take appropriate disciplinary or corrective measures if any club action, nonparticipant interference, or emergency occurs in an NFL game which he deems so unfair or outside the accepted tactics encountered in professional football that such action has a major effect on the result of a game.
No Club Protests
The authority and measures provided for in this section (UNFAIR ACTS) do not constitute a protest machinery for NFL clubs to dispute the result of a game. The Commissioner will conduct an investigation under this section only to review an act or occurrence that he deems so unfair that the result of the game in question may be inequitable to one of the participating teams. The Commissioner will not apply his authority under this section when a club registers a complaint concerning judgmental errors or routine errors of omission by game officials. Games involving such complaints will continue to stand as completed.
Penalties for Unfair Acts
The Commissioner’s powers under this section (UNFAIR ACTS) include the imposition of monetary fines and draft choice forfeitures, suspension of persons involved, and, if appropriate, the reversal of a game’s result or the rescheduling of a game, either from the beginning or from the point at which the extraordinary act occurred. In the event of rescheduling a game, the Commissioner will be guided by the procedures specified above ("Procedures for Starting and Resuming Games" under EMERGENCIES). In all cases, the Commissioner will conduct a full investigation, including the opportunity for hearings, use of game videotape, and any other procedures he deems appropriate.

People complaining about the replacement referees forget how bad officiating in general has been over the last 3 years, last year in particular...
These fools want a federal government type pension & they're part time employees making $150-$200k. All of them also have full time jobs outside of their referee gig..
Eff em. I'm just fine with the replacement refs.

Word. Calvin Johnson's game winning TD vs the Bears back in 2010 called back by the regular refs.

People make it seem like the regular refs don't make the same dumb mistakes. It doesn't matter whose officiating... so stop with all this nonsense.

Question? I didn't see the ending to the game last night but why did make packers come back out for the PAT?

Couldn't they just kick it an go home?

651akathePaul, you still have that avi? You poor soul. When can you get rid of it?

Today, actually. It's just that....Well...The Vikings beat SF this weekend so I'm wondering if there's anything to it. :lol: I'll probably change it soon, but I'm feeling superstitious right now.

imagine if its overturned :wow: :wow:
can they even do that?

LOL yeah right :lol:

Of course they'll release a "statement" and not have a press conference since Goodell likes to stay in hiding.

It'll be some nonsense generic statement saying call on the field cannot be overturned and review was only to confirm if ball was bobbled, they are going to defend their product and question our intelligence.

Lookin at the schedule we can be 5-0 when the packers come to town....

Got a tough 3 game stretch of packers / ravens / bills

Hmm

Hmm

it might sound weird but i'm cautious about the jets too. not as much without revis, but still think it could be better than we think.

Hmm

Shoot, the way the pack o-line looked last night, the Texan defensive front should have a field day...

Hmm

Shoot, the way the pack o-line looked last night, the Texan defensive front should have a field day...

jj watt gon look like :evil:

they won't be able to run the ball on us. that won't happen. i do not fear cedric benson. however, i do worry about them going spread hurry up and picking us apart. peyton started to in the 4th quarter. it's a long season, lets see how it plays out

Hmm

they won't be able to run the ball on us. that won't happen. i do not fear cedric benson. however, i do worry about them going spread hurry up and picking us apart. peyton started to in the 4th quarter. it's a long season, lets see how it plays out

This, but our physical DBS gonna push around those WRs.

Honestly being able to create pressure without blitzing is a premium.

Arod is arod, he's gonna ball if he gets going but if they make him one dimensional and it's a wrap.

Our pass rush is :x and Reem and JJ look in synch out there.

Jets don't worry me, Dre gonna have a field day with cro / Wilson.

They can't rush the passer.

Offensively they are a joke, they play right into our game plan, can't run the ball and force Sanchez to throw :lol:

Hmm

This, but our physical DBS gonna push around those WRs.

Honestly being able to create pressure without blitzing is a premium.

Arod is arod, he's gonna ball if he gets going but if they make him one dimensional and it's a wrap.

Our pass rush is :x and Reem and JJ look in synch out there.

Jets don't worry me, Dre gonna have a field day with cro / Wilson.

They can't rush the passer.

Offensively they are a joke, they play right into our game plan, can't run the ball and force Sanchez to throw :lol:

i'm confident too but....any given sunday man. i've seen all types of $%^& rooting for the texans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom