NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition to the reported $3 million gap in pension funds the refs & NFL were in disagreement over, Goodell wanted the power to bench under performing refs & the union wasn't trying to have that.

$3 mill for a mulit billion dollar league seems somewhat surprising. The fact the ref's union was fighting the benching of under performing refs is one of the many reasons why I hate hate, hate, hate, hate, hate unions. So coaches can bench players that don't perform well, but refs can't get benched?

Yeap looking like the refs will be back. Out of 32 teams it just had to be a Packers loss to get them to agree :lol: :smh:

If they aren't back for Thursday's game as well that's gonna be weird. How do you have the scabs for one game and "real" refs for the other. Doesn't seem right.
Yeah that wouldnt make sense to do at all

Was listening to Dan Patrick yesterday said that they wouldnt be allowed to do that, if the scabs start the week, they would have to finish it too..so who knows

Them being back this weekend sounds more like wishful thinking, Week 5 sounds more realistic

If they aren't back for Thursday's game as well that's gonna be weird. How do you have the scabs for one game and "real" refs for the other. Doesn't seem right.

Yeah that wouldnt make sense to do at all

Was listening to Dan Patrick yesterday said that they wouldnt be allowed to do that, if the scabs start the week, they would have to finish it too..so who knows

Them being back this weekend sounds more like wishful thinking, Week 5 sounds more realistic

your avy :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i hate to be that guy but one play doesn't decide the game. ultimately the final play changed the outcome, but there were multiple opportunities before that play. the real refs make mistakes too. it's just the variable of human error.

and can we stop making the argument of "peyton ran out of time". it just sounds stupid. he threw 3 picks in the 1st quarter in atlanta, and yeah they were coming back but don't gimme that "oh well they would've won if he didn't run out of time". yeah, they might have. but they would have had a better shot had he not thrown 3 picks. same thing against the texans. they might have come back, but it didn't help that his offense only put up 3 field goals up until the 4th quarter.

Hypothetically, MJD on the Steelers would mean curtains for the rest of the NFL. Haley is already a maestro with the passing offense incorporating Heath, Wallace, A. Brown, and Sanders. Ben is playing extremely well in the early season. I would imagine Pittsburgh doesn't mind the cost in draft picks, but most teams in the league are balking at the idea of re-signing MJD to a pricey, long-term extension.

Am I the only one who honestly believes that was simultaneous possession? Yeah, the Packers dude had 'more' possession (if you want to assign a degree to it), but Tate had possession as well. I don't see what the big deal is and people acting like it was cut and dry need to chill that noise.

Great call, great observation. You faded the sucker hype. Great effort by TATE in not giving up. That's why football is what it is. Had 4-5 white shirts, and one lone cat didn't give up and wrestled the ball out. It's the same like seeing a receiver juggle the ball for what might seem like a reception, only to get it striped. THINK PATS 2ndary against BALTIMORE in that 'big game'. NUFF SAID.

Hypothetically, MJD on the Steelers would mean curtains for the rest of the NFL. Haley is already a maestro with the passing offense incorporating Heath, Wallace, A. Brown, and Sanders. Ben is playing extremely well in the early season. I would imagine Pittsburgh doesn't mind the cost in draft picks, but most teams in the league are balking at the idea of re-signing MJD to a pricey, long-term extension.

sacrifice picks that they desperately need to fill holes on defense, for a running back they can't resign? sounds good in the short term, terrible in the long term. not to mention, they'll still have the same defensive issues whether or not MJD is there or not. granted, the game scenarios they'll be playing in might be different with the ability to eat clock and have a balanced offense

http://www.replacementgoogle.com/

laugh.gif

sacrifice picks that they desperately need to fill holes on defense, for a running back they can't resign? sounds good in the short term, terrible in the long term. not to mention, they'll still have the same defensive issues whether or not MJD is there or not. granted, the game scenarios they'll be playing in might be different with the ability to eat clock and have a balanced offense

This was just a hypothetical discussion started by Buc Em when he mentioned the Steelers getting Reggie Bush. I added that I thought how cool it would be if the Steelers could get MJD towards the end of training camp.

Realistically, none of this is going to happen since the Steelers are right up at the cap the next several years & we still have to try & sign Wallace. Most likely Mendenhall is gone after the year (seeya, don't let the door hitcha where the good lord splitcha) as well as Harrison & possibly Hampton. Maybe even Keisel. Steelers will also have to restructure contracts again too.

BTW, Peter King tweeted stating the lead negotiator for the refs says no deal is imminent. Jeez, does Mortenson ever report anything that comes true?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ing-dashed-on-reports-of-nfl-nflra-agreement/

I would so love to see Reggie traded to the Steelers. I love Reggie and what he has done for us, but we need picks/youth more than anything, and getting something for him would warm my heart. And he absolutely deserves to play for something more than a rebuild effort. It also lets us look at Thomas and Miller full time to see if they can be NFL level backs.

Sadly, I don't think the org would move Reggie, as he is the leader of the team, the hardest worker, they move him, they risk pissing off everybody in that lockerroom.

:lol:

Cromartie will get cooked like hell next Monday.

I also hate the Jets swiping Jonanthan Grimes from our practice squad, but he'll be a good pickup for them.

Last edited:
This isn't directed to Jet fans, but rex ryan is a clown. He talked about putting hot sauce on Reggie Bush...I guess that Texas Pete got poured on Revis instead...He never shuts up just like his pop...

^Well, they did injure Reggie (that hot sauce reference was from when Bart Scott played as a Raven and they faced the Saints w/ Bush on the team and he put some "hot sauce" on Reggie's ankle at the time). But the ironic part is that obviously Revis is done for the season. Karma's a ***** you loud mouth fat ****.

Liked the Tom Coughlin Football Life...Glad to see him evolve & 2 chips with the Giants. He was always a great coach...

Had no idea he coached flutie at BC

I wanna see next weeks though

The 95 browns and that coaching staff :wow:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom