NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one year Peyton had a decent defense he won it. True...but the years he didn't? He won what? How far did his teams advance?
Where did that Patriots defense rank last year? I've never seen Peyton take his team to the SB with a defense as bad as last year's Pats squad. They literally had to put up 35/36 points a game to win.

.....in a weak AFC without Peyton, with the only threat being the Ravens/Texans (lost their QB), and playing in the weakest division in the league.

Making the playoffs was by default, they beat Tim Tebow's Bronco's and should've lost to the Ravens.

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Is it safe to say Tom Brady is better than Peyton Manning?

Head to Head...its 9-4....Advantage Brady!!

3 rings to 1 ring...the ring that Peyton Manning did win...he got his Trent Dilfer/Brad Johnson/Ben Rothlisberger on....shout out to Dominic Rhodes...the real SB MVP...

Chester where you at...

If you think Ben and TD/BJ had the same role on their teams in playoff runs, you must not watch a ton of football

Last edited:
Oh lord, Texan fans becoming experts on whose a great player....:lol: I kid, I kid...Just joking...

BTW, if I'm not mistaken, the Steelers ranking of strength of schedule for the 2 SBs were #4 (2006) & #1 (2009). Not to mention we were the first team to win a SB having played all road playoff games (2006)...Just sayin...

Last edited:
Oh lord, Texan fans becoming experts on whose a great player....:lol: I kid, I kid...Just joking...

BTW, if I'm not mistaken, the Steelers ranking of strength of schedule for the 2 SBs were #4 (2006) & #1 (2009). Not to mention we were the first team to win a SB having played all road playoff games (2006)...Just sayin...

that is true. didn't take that into effect. all i did was look through the box scores at big ben's numbers which i admit is a pretty ineffective measure of his performance during those seasons and playoff runs. his numbers just didnt seem overly imposing. can't argue against 2 chips though. and he did throw the GW TD against the cards

I thought it was all Agreed upon that Ben managed for his first Super Bowl ?

If you think Ben and TD/BJ had the same role on their teams in playoff runs, you must not watch a ton of football
Oh really?

Not only did the refs gift wrap you that Superbowl win against the Seahawks...but Big Ben played horrible...he just managed the game....he played the worst i think of any superbowl winning QB...go look it up...its in the records...history...

Big Ben is garbage...never will be elite to me....a good qb yes....but not elite or legendary...

I put Rivers over Big Ben anyday....Steelers Defense got Big Ben those rings...

Eli > Ben

any day...

There is a reason Big Ben hasn't won a SB MVP...it always goes to his Wide Receivers....

So yeah I stand by my statement.....Big Ben trent dilfered and brad johnson'd his way to that first super bowl against the seahawks...
[table][tr][td]Ben Roethlisberger[/td][td]9/21[/td][td]123[/td][td]0[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][/table]
Big Ben is a interception machine...

Big Ben also holds the QB rating of 22.6 in Super Bowl XL is lowest rating of a winning quarterback in Super Bowl history.

Against the Cardinals it was more of an amazing catch....than a throw.....Shout out to San Antonio Homes though...

I get irate...when people make out Big Ben to be some sort of Legendary Elite QB....he's not in the class of Brady, Eli Manning, he's not even in the same class as Rodgers, Rivers and Bree's

Big Ben is fortunate to play for a stellar organization and continuously have a Top 5 defense year in and year out...

Oh yeah...what happened to Big Ben's legendary elite greatness against the Packers?

The fact that this Good Slight Above Average QB...got to 3 super bowls is an amazing feat...and speaks volumes of the Organization and Defense that the Pittsburgh Steelers are...

Last edited:
Ben is also balling this year with a Oline riddled with injuries and a very subpar PIT defense.

Maybe he isn't elite but he he's far from a slouch.

:lol:

Fair enough, but the wording you used made it seem he managed the entire time, not just the one game

What the hell is Hustlin Hoffman's real SN? Joined today and already spewing out troll posts like a usual ignorant NE fan

made the block list in record time

anyone who's watched football over the last 6 years that says big ben is a bum, is stupid. typical NT, you're either elite or a bum. no in between.

i dont know where to post this, but eric legrand is truly inspiring

just watched a spot on him on OTL. damn near shed a tear.

The pittsburgh fan came at me saying I have no  knowledge...because I said Big Ben played the role of Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson on the Superbowl win....against the Seahawks...

So I retorted with nothing but factual evidence.

Go look it up...google doesn't lie...the history, facts, stats and records are there...

When I big ben is garbage...I more so mean that I don't ever want to see Big Ben and "Elite", "legendary" or "Great"

Big Ben is very fortunate to play for the steelers...he's a slight above average good qb...

If he's so great, elite and legendary? What happen last night against the Titans (mind you are the worst team in the NFL if it werent for the browns)

The pittsburgh fan came at me saying I have no  knowledge...because I said Big Ben played the role of Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson on the Superbowl win....against the Seahawks...

So I retorted with nothing but factual evidence.

Go look it up...google doesn't lie...the history, facts, stats and records are there...

When I big ben is garbage...I more so mean that I don't ever want to see Big Ben and "Elite", "legendary" or "Great"

Big Ben is very fortunate to play for the steelers...he's a slight above average good qb...

If he's so great, elite and legendary? What happen last night against the Titans (mind you are the worst team in the NFL if it werent for the browns)

Missed FG and bad defense on the last drive?

packers are struggling , Arod fault ?

Giants lost 2 games, all Eli's fault?

broncos is all on Manning ?

It's a team game, granted their are elite players but there is so much 1 player can do.

Ben is literally putting the team on his back.

No Oline
His best RB Hurt
His defense is underwhelming

And I honestly believe if the steelers keep running the ball I the second half that Ben is a 3 time SB champion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom