NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
big nose ben ain't that good. the steel drapes are still doing it for him.

mike wallace and mendenhall are the only reasons. he has no eli swag to him.

.....in a weak AFC without Peyton, with the only threat being the Ravens/Texans (lost their QB), and playing in the weakest division in the league.
Making the playoffs was by default, they beat Tim Tebow's Bronco's and should've lost to the Ravens.

Because the AFC South was a powerhouse the years Peyton was in it? Every year, you could pencil in the Colts for a playoff berth. How many consecutive years did the Colts make the playoffs? I'm pretty sure they set the franchise record when Peyton was there....and it's not SOLELY because it was a weak division, obviously Peyton being amazing had a lot to do with it too, but their division certainly helped.

Also, the Patriots made it to the SB in 2008 as well. Are we going to discredit the opponents the Pats played that year in the postseason as well? Texans fans say this a lot lately and it's still abundantly true...no team can choose who they play: regular season or postseason. You just beat who they put in front of you. And more times than not, Peyton failed to make it to NFL's biggest stage with a below average defense. You cannot say that very same sentence when speaking about Tom Brady. That's a fact.

And we haven't even discussed the supporting cast each QB has had throughout their career. That Colts team with Edgerrin James: Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, Dallas Clark on offense was absolutely stacked. Which Patriot team comes close to that Colt team? The Randy Moss one maybe? This year's version maybe? Tom has had career success with every formation (2 TE sets to the spread offense), very little running in recent years, and a plethora of players who would be cut from other teams...Welker anyone?

I love stat mongers...Dudes feel that since they play fantasy football that they know football. The Steelers finished with the #1 rated defense last year. Realistically, does anyone really think that was the case? Stats only reveal a portion of the story but I'll play along. Here's how Ben & Rivers stack up career wise. I guess it boils down to personal preference & that's fine.

Ben Rothlisberger
Completion% - 63.2%, yards - 28,066, TDs- 175, INTs - 95, QB rating - 92.5%, won/loss record - 82-36, play off record - 10-4

Phillip Rivers
Completion% - 63.8%, yards - 25,536, TDs - 171, INTs - 83, QB rating - 95.4%, won/loss record - 66-35, playoff record -3-4

Last edited:
I love stat mongers...Dudes feel that since they play fantasy football that they know football. The Steelers finished with the #1 rated defense last year. Realistically, does anyone really think that was the case? Stats only reveal a portion of the story but I'll play along. Here's how Ben & Rivers stack up career wise. I guess it boils down to personal preference & that's fine.

Ben Rothlisberger
Completion% - 63.2%, yards - 28,066, TDs- 175, INTs - 95, QB rating - 92.5%, won/loss record - 82-36, play off record - 10-4

Phillip Rivers
Completion% - 63.8%, yards - 25,536, TDs - 171, INTs - 83, QB rating - 95.4%, won/loss record - 66-35, playoff record -3-4

repped for sound logic.

^Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees are better than Ben Roethlisberger...also...not only Rivers...

I'd say Roethlisberger is in the same class as Romo, Cutler, Palmer...

1. Brady, Manning

2. Eli, Rodgers, Brees, Rivers

3. Romo, Cutler, Roethlisburger, Palmer

Phil don't have these...Aaron & Breezy only been once & got only 1...:lol:

And I'll leave Romo, Cutler, & Palmer alone...

Last edited:
Wait a minute I'm not bias or anything but did you just say Big Ben is in the same league with Romo and Cutler....*Stephen A Smith (YOUR SO DISRESPECTFUL)

^Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees are better than Ben Roethlisberger...also...not only Rivers...

I'd say Roethlisberger is in the same class as Romo, Cutler, Palmer...

1. Brady, Manning
2. Eli, Rodgers, Brees, Rivers
3. Romo, Cutler, Roethlisburger, Palmer

what exactly has rivers done to be in that 2nd tier? i'll wait.

Last edited:
However illogical or stupid I may find his post, he's certainly entitled to his opinion. To each his own...

I'd take Ben over Rivers.

Hell the only QBs I'd take at this time over Big Ben is Arod / Tom / Bresus

I'd take Ben over Rivers.
Hell the only QBs I'd take at this time over Big Ben is Arod / Tom / Bresus
i'd probably take Ben over Aaron. they're both about the same for me. 

Brady and Brees are on a level above everyone, there's no question. 

Eh ... Arods footwork and awareness does it for me, the discount double check is :pimp: also

Bens main problem is that he holds onto the ball for so ******g long, but that works for him because of his size.

:lol:. So many extremes. I always thought with or right behind Eli was most appropriate for Ben

Regardless, some good games this week, Pack v Texans most exciting to me

Last edited:
Big Ben has always been an unconventional QB. If you just look at his stats it wouldn't be all that impressive compared to other elite QBs. It's when you see him actually perform, you see his poise, strength, effort, and quick-thinking. You can not see **** like that if you just look at the stat sheet.

laugh.gif
. So many extremes. I always thought with or right behind Eli was most appropriate for Ben
Regardless, some good games this week, Pack v Texans most exciting to me
Rain Manning is the third best to me, because he comes through in the 4th so much and beat a lot of good teams, especially ones that had almost perfect seasons.

Also, 2 rings against the greatest QB of all time. 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom