NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want TJ more younger and cheaper than Byrd

I can't argue either way but from that review on igglesblitz it seems like they're totally different players...Byrd gets big plays and is a centerfielder type (turnovers) and Ward is more sure tackling and really stuffs the run game...the greedy side of me would like both since they'd complement one another but then we'd totally jack the cap situation all up :lol: But I wouldn't want Byrd for the 9mill they were saying, only if his price comes down from that bc he's not good enough to command that much money

I can't argue either way but from that review on igglesblitz it seems like they're totally different players...Byrd gets big plays and is a centerfielder type (turnovers) and Ward is more sure tackling and really stuffs the run game...the greedy side of me would like both since they'd complement one another but then we'd totally jack the cap situation all up
laugh.gif
But I wouldn't want Byrd for the 9mill they were saying, only if his price comes down from that bc he's not good enough to command that much money
Byrd is the closest thing to an Earl Thomas outside of Earl Thomas.

Ward is your classic big-hit, run stuffing SS who is suspect in coverage.

What does your favorite NFL team most need in free agency? We take a statistical-based look here

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/tag/_/name/nfl-free-agent-needs

Miami Dolphins: offensive line, wide receiver/tight end  
Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill  was sacked a league-leading 58 times last season, the most of any quarterback since Jon Kitna  in 2006. 
i

The Dolphins also rushed for 37 first downs inside the tackles, 12 fewer than any other team. 

Tannehill threw four touchdowns and 13 interceptions on throws deeper than 10 yards downfield last season. Tannehill’s minus-nine TD-Int differential on those throws was the worst in the league. 

I like Byrd I'm just not sure I wanna break the bank for him; he plays faster than he is which scares me

I think I still have nightmares about Nhamdi

What do you mean Revis spent a year Nnamdiing? Revis had a good year, not sure if you're saying otherwise.

Giants signed Peyton Hillis for two years, I hope it was for free

Herm Edwards just said watch out for Revis going to SF

Last edited:
Not sure if this was posted but a really good breakdown of Revis last season: http://presnapreads.com/2014/02/26/darrelle-revis-the-numbers-the-tape-the-verdict-2014/

Cliffs: he's still a beast
I read this.  It definitely serves to correct the narrative that Revis was wasted under Schiano or w/e.

That said, the reason I brought up Nnamdi is that it can be dangerous when teams don't have to throw at him because the CB next to him is weak and it's easy to look at other WRs.  Tampa was definitely in need of a #2 and #3 corner all year and about an average defense against the pass overall.

Last edited:
Herm Edwards just said watch out for Revis going to SF
I considered being scared about this, do NOT want to see Revis there.  But I can't see them shelling out that money for a multi-year deal with Kaep and Aldon coming up.

Which is true. Does he want money or to win a ring? That is probably the best available team to go to if he wants to win now. I'm curious about the NE talk because they don't pay anyone so you almost rule them out, unless they're gonna pay him.

Revis had a pretty good year in TB and it's clear he was still on his way back to being fully recovered from his injury

Which is true. Does he want money or to win a ring? That is probably the best available team to go to if he wants to win now. I'm curious about the NE talk because they don't pay anyone so you almost rule them out, unless they're gonna pay him.
Well he certainly wanted the money last time.  I don't see what's changed.  Including the fact that he refused to re-negotiate with Tampa who look likely to be good this year.

Revis will say all the right things and play his *** off but if you don't pay him what he wants he won't play for you.

@mikefreemanNFL: GM tells me Bucs' initial asking price was two No. 1s for Revis. Around the league, they were laughed at.
:smh: no leverage

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom