NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vick is done; I don't know what people still see

I have never seen a QB live off 6 games from 2010 as much as he has; you sign Vick and the back up will be in by week 5 for injury or turnovers

Last edited:

that would really hurt when it came to resign Maclin, Foles, Cox, Kendricks etc next year or the year after
We could cut DeMeco and Trent the next year and that would save a lot, upwards of $10mil I think. That being said, I would only want one or the other. I like that we always have cap flexibility.
also dont think brandon graham will be on the roster next offseason.. hell, i'm pretty sure we'll move him to a 4-3 this offseason

and no way we pay carry williams what he's owed that season ($8,166,667)

He'll drop the pen while signing his new contract.
roll.gif

also dont think brandon graham will be on the roster next offseason.. hell, i'm pretty sure we'll move him to a 4-3 this offseason

and no way we pay carry williams what he's owed that season ($8,166,667)

Graham might be a productive player somewhere but he will ever be known as the guy Andy Reid traded up for then passed on Earl Thomas

They may cut Cary Williams this year but it would be a $3 million cap hit

TAMPA — The latest Darrelle Revis saga is, of course, all about money, and there is a way for the Buccaneers to get out of the financial bind that Revis’s $16 million salary creates and still keep Revis around.

Former Bucs general manager Mark Dominik explained it during a chat Monday night with hosts Alex Marvez and Gil Brandt on SiriusXM NFL Radio’s “Late Hits” show.

As reported last Sunday in the Tampa Tribune and TBO.com, Dominik structured the Revis deal in a way that gives the Bucs the flexibility necessary to reduce the financial impact of his contract.

“The thing that you can do is convert his paragraph five (salary), which is $13.5 million, to a signing bonus and lower his base (salary) almost to $1 million to create cap room,’’ Dominik said.

“Tampa Bay doesn’t need to do, that so they’re looking at it from a different perspective. But the trigger is in there that if you want to create cap room you can do that, and if you need cap and cash, you can do that, too.’’

By turning Revis’ salary into a signing bonus, the Bucs would be able to prorate that amount over the final five years of the deal, thereby saving them about $9 million on the cap for this year.

The Bucs are actively trying to restructure Revis’s contract but are making little headway, so they are also fielding offers for a possible trade.

Revis is due a $1.5 million roster bonus before the end of the week, so a conclusion to this matter should come shortly. But there is a way for it to end with the Bucs reducing their immediate financial commitment to Revis. It could even come as soon as today, but clearly the Bucs have some options here.
Interesting....

Also talks that the Browns are looking to trade for Revis

award for failure. why trade your 1st for that huuge cap hit?. the guy is about to get released and you can pursue him after while keeping your first.

Last edited:
This dude has everybody going to the Bucs :lol: :lol:

Like who? Tillman, Michael Johnson and Anthony Collins? And all I said was Mike Silver had dinner last night with Alex Mack and came away from it that he thinks Mack could be a Buc next year. Those are his words.

award for failure. why trade your 1st for that huuge cap hit?. the guy is about to get released and you can pursue him after while keeping your first.

I assume he'd renegotiate. No one is gonna trade for a $16 million dollar cap hit.

Just saying, Revis is better than whoever they'd draft with #26.

It's cool man...we know you're excited. If the Bucs end up being a major player (like the rumors suggest), then that division will be the best in Football next year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom