NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every year I tell people cap flexibilty is overrated and if you want to keep or get players you can work it out.
I agree with you but I still don't get it.  I thought they had like $2.5mill in cap space.  They must have done some wild restructuring while Byrd was sitting there in the offices.

Instead of Decker getting overpaid, he might end up being the discount.  

Biggest overpays were Davis, Shields, Whitner so far.

Not what I expected.

Every year I tell people cap flexibilty is overrated and if you want to keep or get players you can work it out.
I agree with you but I still don't get it.  I thought they had like $2.5mill in cap space.  They must have done some wild restructuring while Byrd was sitting there in the offices.

You can draw a contract up any way you want to the NFL.

They pay 1 million this year and 12 million next year if they want.

With how long that deal is it has to drawn up in a way that lets that cap hit stretch over a long time.

Just a guess but they probably backloaded the hell out of that contract.

Saints land Byrd with what money?????

Vaccaro/Byrd is filthy.
sick.gif
Man 
sick.gif

You can draw a contract up any way you want to the NFL.

They pay 1 million this year and 12 million next year if they want.

With how long that deal is it has to drawn up in a way that lets that cap hit stretch over a long time.
Gotta be something like that.  With a big guaranteed portion, since he'd be taking a big cut for this first year.  

Or signing bonuses or w/e, not like I really understand how the cap works.

I'm eager to see it for what it says about Thomas' extension.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m
Saints are giving former Bills S Jairus Byrd a six-year, $54 million contract, including $28 million guaranteed, per source.

:x No thanks.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m
Saints are giving former Bills S Jairus Byrd a six-year, $54 million contract, including $28 million guaranteed, per source.

:x No thanks.

Whoa.

The worst contracts are definitely handed out the first day of free agency.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom