NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m
Saints are giving former Bills S Jairus Byrd a six-year, $54 million contract, including $28 million guaranteed, per source.

sick.gif
No thanks.
Well, he was asking for 9.  He got 9.  That guaranteed number is huge 
laugh.gif

Now maybe we can get Earl a deal.

Holy hell at the Jairus Byrd contract!!! Lawd

Jimmy Graham has to be PISSED...they manipulated their limited cap space for Byrd but were having a fire sale this past week. Though Vaccaro and Byrd is an awesome tandem...

Didn't think he'd get his 9mill a yr but good for him, goes to a good team too..glad we passed

With that 6 year deal for Bird the Saints basically guaranteed that they will be paying a lot of dead money when they cut Byrd in 3 or 4 years.

The Saints have a lot of cap space opening up after this year and nobody to pay outside of Jimmy.

I love the T.J. Ward signing. Addresses a position that's been a need for a long time. Nacho will slide to a backup/ST position now.

I'm sad Woodyard is leaving. Priority number one is still to resign DRC.

Breh I would rather have nacho start than rahim Moore. Duke has more upside and I think his physicality matches tj's.

With that 6 year deal for Bird the Saints basically guaranteed that they will be paying a lot of dead money when they cut Byrd in 3 or 4 years.

The Saints have a lot of cap space opening up after this year and nobody to pay outside of Jimmy.
But paying Jimmy is no joke.  And they have holes.  And Brees is getting up there.

I mean their entire WR core is currently garbage.  They have no C or RT.  Their starting RB is Mark Ingram.  

But paying Jimmy is no joke.  And they have holes.  And Brees is getting up there.

I mean their entire WR core is currently garbage.  They have no C or RT.  Their starting RB is Mark Ingram.  

That why they have the draft.

If you are building your team in free agency you losing anyways.

That why they have the draft.

If you are building your team in free agency you losing anyways.

Truth. Which is why I'm less concerned about Oakland than I was when FA started.

Saints are trying to get another ring ASAP, that window is closing for them...I guess with Brees they can afford to be shortsighted but my goodness that's a ton of money for Byrd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom