NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rough for my Browns as always, we will never catch a break.....

-T Rich need surgery, might miss first 4 games...(Better to get him healthy for future, we not winning many games this year, so need to waste him while he is young)

-Joe Haden might get suspended for testing positive for Adrenal.......oh boy

-Chris Gocong and Phil Taylor out for the year.......yup another long season :\

Wowwww that blows. I was really looking forward to seeing Trent, Haden and Phil Taylor. Hopefully Trent only misses the first few games and Haden doesn't get a long suspension.

Hope my boy Travis B can make some noise with the Browns

Hopefully he can turn out like Desean Jackson

My eagles looking rite this year! All this talent on paper let's see how we look on the field

as a Giants fan my primary concern is the Eagles....

Vick is nearing his mid 30s at age 32. Can't believe he is going to have 4.3 speed forever, especially not at the rate he gets hit. He played a bit too conservatively last season, he's not a pocket-passer, that's not his game. If he plays his game, and DeSean Jackson can keep his head in the game (stop being afraid of contact) then they'll be a very difficult out. Oh yeah, they got a guy named Shady who is arguably the best RB in the NFL. J-Mac is as steady as they come and that defense isn't too shabby.....

The Eagles are a scary team to say the least....You gotta believe they'll be playing with a HUGE chip on their shoulders this season. Andy Reid has been their rock, their supporter for so long, it's time they pay him back by being his rock.

I think the Eagles win our division while we win a wildcard spot. That's okay with me, we (the Giants) have the toughest schedule in the league, but we're cool with adversity.

We got some payback in store for you guys, we ain't forget about '08 (the last time we met in the playoffs). You guys might best us in the season series, but come playoff time ya'll already know what it is. :wink:

Last edited:
Wowwww that blows. I was really looking forward to seeing Trent, Haden and Phil Taylor. Hopefully Trent only misses the first few games and Haden doesn't get a long suspension.

Reports are saying T-Rich should be back by first game, just Browns are being cautious

Haden will appeal his suspension because he had prescription to it, so hopefully those are good signs

Reports are saying T-Rich should be back by first game, just Browns are being cautious
Haden will appeal his suspension because he had prescription to it, so hopefully those are good signs

they should be cautious, I hope they take their time with the kid and don't run him into the ground out of some convoluted delusions of winning now. they've got some nice talent on both sides of the ball and have a bright future.

I was at the Browns camp today at the stadium.

Little looked good and Weeden has a cannon.

T-Rich will be back for Philly.

I was at the Browns camp today at the stadium.
Little looked good and Weeden has a cannon.
T-Rich will be back for Philly.

how did Josh Gordon look? I heard Hardesty is looking better this season, any truth to that?

That'd be nice if Hardesty could carry the load if T-Rich does have to miss time at any point.

Last edited:
Hardesty was catching all of throws tossed to him and ran strong.

Only shoulder pads on obviously but damn is Travis Benjamin fast :wow:

Gordon dropped 2 passes he shouldve caught and was gettin booed for it.

He still looked solid.

IF these guys (MoMass, Little, Hardesty, Gordon, Benjamin) can step up and help Trent & Watson the Browns can be a much better team offensively.

People forget Brad Childresss is the new OC

i hope it isnt serious for trent :smh: waste of a season considering weeden is 29 :x

Oh Browns. Honesty I do hope the kid is ok and it sounds like he might be. I'm a bit concerned about the Who Deys this year....

Mike Wallace...get your butt in camp and stop costing yourself money in the long run (I will repeat until solved)

Sounds like the young linesman (both sides) are looking pretty good for Pitt.

typical cleveland luck :lol:

hope he's back for the week 1

Me too, but side note I also don't think it's Browns luck rather Browns stupidity. Trading up in the draft to take a RB that high has so little odds of being a good move for a crappy team that it was laughable at the time as a lot of us noted.

I really hope for their sake this is minor, Trent's now had two knee surgeries since last year and hopefully he comes through but man...

Me too, but side note I also don't think it's Browns luck rather Browns stupidity. Trading up in the draft to take a RB that high has so little odds of being a good move for a crappy team that it was laughable at the time as a lot of us noted.
I really hope for their sake this is minor, Trent's now had two knee surgeries since last year and hopefully he comes through but man...

The first thing I thought when they traded up was Saints/Ricky Williams but with a back that had a gimpy knee. I guess they felt they missed out on trading up to get RGIII by lowballing (somewhat) so they had to energize their fanbase by getting the next big name...Not smart...He's done. Two knee surgeries before you even play your first pro game for an RB?! He'll show flashes of greatness but he will always fight injuries. Like I've said before, the Steelers have owned the dookie browns, now it's official...

He's more fit for a coordinator role. Besides no one was winning with that Vikes team. Favre wasn't even 100% mentally in it

Huh? You mean that Vikes team that went to the NFCCG??? That was ALLL Favre and their playmakers. The playcalling stayed dumb before and after that year from Childress. Had no concept on how to utilize the talent he had on that offensive roster. It took Favre to get that O going and not Childress.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom