NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some dudes aren't worth the headache.

i have a question about this line of thinking.

who's it a headache for? i hear people say "oh this player is such a problem, he's a diva, he's this he's that"

are you even sure it's affecting other players? or is it just a media driven thing.

Some dudes aren't worth the headache.

i have a question about this line of thinking.

who's it a headache for? i hear people say "oh this player is such a problem, he's a diva, he's this he's that"

are you even sure it's affecting other players? or is it just a media driven thing.

If he does get traded I would like know what actually happened, besides getting his house robbed nothing has happened off the field.

and for the record, fans complaining saying that players are divas, selfish, and greedy for trying to get the most money they can is the most disgusting thing ever.

how can you as a man, tell another man to take less money in the interest of a big company who makes 100 times what that 1 player makes?

I see it as both ends of the spectrum.

I understand the dude should get paid, get all that money you can.

But at that point, take one year contracts, he won't though, because if he gets hurt, he won't get paid.

If you agree to a contract, play it out.

Don't want to do that? Take one year deals.

same way i feel, he's just being greedy at this point cuz 10 mil a year is nowhere close to being a bad contract. But still, until he publicly says he's holding out for training camp I don't care what I hear in the media about Desean

I see it as both ends of the spectrum.

I understand the dude should get paid, get all that money you can.

But at that point, take one year contracts, he won't though, because if he gets hurt, he won't get paid.

If you agree to a contract, play it out.

Don't want to do that? Take one year deals.

same way i feel, he's just being greedy at this point cuz 10 mil a year is nowhere close to being a bad contract. But still, until he publicly says he's holding out for training camp I don't care what I hear in the media about Desean

Them Philly media guys are the worst

Players as dangerous as Desean are not easy to find. All of this distraction stuff is always overblown. As a Giants fan though I wouldn't be mad if they got rid of him, go head.

$10m a year ? cut it out

if you havent noticed , the value of "top WRs" is decreasing and will continue to do so

please list in your opinion the top 5 WRs in the game right now and then list for me how many playoff wins they had in 2013

edit -- lets actually expand it to top 10

Absolutely. There are so many wiser investments.

if they are trying to trade Desean I can see why; he won't be here in 2015 and you can lock up a young WR with that pick or in the 1st or 2nd rounds

DeSean might be one of the most explosive players in the league but this might be the best wide receiver draft class I've ever seen. I wouldn't be against trading for him at all though.

Absolutely. There are so many wiser investments.

Megatron -- 0 wins (didnt make the playoffs)
AJ Green -- 0 wins
Dez Bryant -- 0 wins (didnt make the playoffs)
Larry Fitzgerald -- 0 wins (didnt make the playoffs)
Josh Gordon -- 0 wins (didn't make the playoffs)
Greg Jennings -- 0 wins (didn't make the playoffs)
Brandon Marshall -- 0 wins (didn't make the playoffs)
Andre Johnson -- 0 wins (didn't make the playoffs)
Demarius Thomas -- 2 wins
Jordy Nelson -- 0 wins (didn't make the playoffs)

in the past two years , there are only 4 total playoff wins across 3 players . the rest have goose eggs

if they are trying to trade Desean I can see why; he won't be here in 2015 and you can lock up a young WR with that pick or in the 1st or 2nd rounds
all depends on whatever desean is doing behind the scenes.. and obviously we arent really privy to that

i have no problem with the eagles LISTENING to offers made for any player on the team.. if another team what's to give the eagles some ridiculous offer for one of our current players, we would be fools to not listen

i still dont think the eagles are actively shopping and/or considering some of the things that have been reported (like outright cutting him).. doesnt make sense, would hurt our leverage in negotiating

but we've seen how the media has blown things out of proportion before.. hell, even with the desean's demands for a new contract:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...n-backpedals-from-contract-talk-blames-media/

Megatron -- 0 wins (didnt make the playoffs)

AJ Green -- 0 wins

Dez Bryant -- 0 wins (didnt make the playoffs)

Larry Fitzgerald -- 0 wins (didnt make the playoffs)

Josh Gordon -- 0 wins (didn't make the playoffs)

Greg Jennings -- 0 wins (didn't make the playoffs)

Brandon Marshall -- 0 wins (didn't make the playoffs)

Andre Johnson -- 0 wins (didn't make the playoffs)

Demarius Thomas -- 2 wins

Jordy Nelson -- 0 wins (didn't make the playoffs)

in the past two years , there are only 4 total playoff wins across 3 players . the rest have goose eggs

greg jennings ia a top 10 receiver? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

greg jennings ia a top 10 receiver? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

top 3, son. get familiar :pimp:

:rofl:

greg jennings is a candy ***

love the GIF of browner tossing the dude

prez t prez t your point is pretty spot on IMO. it's not worth spending that type of money on a receiver like that. you can EASILY get by with above average guys in this league. a premier TE has become more valuable IMO...just a matchup nightmare at this point in time for most defenses

Last edited:

top 3, son. get familiar :pimp:

:rofl:

greg jennings is a candy ***

love the GIF of browner tossing the dude

prez t prez t your point is pretty spot on IMO. it's not worth spending that type of money on a receiver like that. you can EASILY get by with above average guys in this league. a premier TE has become more valuable IMO...just a matchup nightmare at this point in time for most defenses

Premier tight ends ain't **** either

Tony G has 1 career playoff victory
Gronk was out and pats still got to the afccg two years in a row
Jimmy Graham did nothing in the playoffs
Finely nothing the past few years
Witten hasn't been to the playoffs in years

VD has been good in the last few playoff runs

Great line play and good of amount talent surrounding them wins.

Last edited:
Damn no love for Julio in the top 10??? I know he was hurt last year but I'd easily put him ahead of Jennings, Jordy, DT, Josh Gordon, probably Marshall and Fitz too, maybe Im just biased tho 
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

The old cliche of "build from the lines out" is true.  Outside of QB, the skill positions simply aren't as important.  Not that WRs can be completely ignored (like what Carolina's doing), but they ideally shouldn't represent a large allocation of your cap.  Look at last year's Panthers- probably the worst WR core in the league, with Steve Smith playing at the level of an average #2...  And yet won the division of Jimmy Graham, Roddy White/Tony G., and Vincent Jackson because they had the best defensive line in football.

Damn no love for Julio in the top 10??? I know he was hurt last year but I'd easily put him ahead of Jennings, Jordy, DT, Josh Gordon, probably Marshall and Fitz too, maybe Im just biased tho 
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
I think he's ahead of Jennings, Jordy, Fitz and probably DT.  Borderline Gordon and Marshall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom