NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I did was say the desean had made more big plays as a eagle then McCoy has since he has been there, I didn't say I'd rather have desean over McCoy or that desean is a better player then McCoy and u guys jump on me like I said Andy Reid is in shape... :smh:

Robert Horry's made more "big plays" than Pippen

umm no; it has everything to do with the hazing situation in Miami
You're right but at the same time, it's pretty clear they're targeting a word used mostly by black players.  I agree completely with Maximus.

laugh.gif
  the last three pages of coltfan reactions

For all the non-black people that feel this way, on behalf of the black community let me just say find something else to worry about.  At the end of the day, if brothas for whatever reason want to use the N-word, we certainly have that right.  The majority of the people that really feels this way above more so have an issue because "they" can't say the word themselves. 

Also, in regards to Roger Goodell and even the owners that desire to take a vote on this issue, it's real easy to pick on the little person (NFL players..........mostly black players mind you) than it is for them to actually go after a person of their own kind and power status (Daniel Synder and The Washington Diplomats organization).  If Roger Goodell and the NFL owners want to really flex their muscle and take action against a word that is demeaning and is harmful to a sector in America, go after the Diplomats and ask/demand the team to change their official team name.  That would truly show me something.  Don't go after the small fish.........go after the big fish. 
Exactly.  I mean we have an NFL team name that is a slur, but we're banning the one slur that people actually use among one another?  Ridiculous.

umm no; it has everything to do with the hazing situation in Miami

wrong

that is an isolated incident , and something that did NOT occur on the field . from everything ive heard from current and former players , coaches , etc this isnt an issue at all . the only people who use it on field are black players . the rule makes no sense , plain and simple

Exactly. I mean we have an NFL team name that is a slur, but we're banning the one slur that people actually use among one another? Ridiculous.

Last edited:
Over/Under on how many times a flag will be thrown because of this? It may be a rule, but I honestly don't see it being enforced.

I don't see how Wsh can keep their name if this passed. Definitely against, if nothing else due to adding more on the refs plate. They already suck enough

Even as a Skins fan and a supporter of the team keeping their name, I 100% see the hypocrisy involved with this potential rule.

Why in the world would it be a penalty? Should they throw flags for curse words too? If anything make it a fine. Games will be ruined if they enforce this rule. From the letter of the rule, will they enforce the penalty if it's with an "A" ending too?

Last edited:
I don't see how Wsh can keep their name if this passed.

Yup..

Also how are the refs going to announce this penalty "number 56 said a racial slur"?

And how are they going outlaw a single racial slur when there are a whole slew of them, as pointed out above about the foreskins team name

Last edited:
I don't see how Wsh can keep their name if this passed.

Yup..

Also how are the refs going to announce this penalty "number 56 said a racial slur"?

And how are they going outlaw a single racial slur when there are a whole slew of them, as pointed out above about the foreskins team name

I'm saying. Some of these gullible fans will accept it but if it's just this word it's obvious what they're tryna say. They might as well ban all profanity period if they wanna clean it up. And how can you ban profanity in a violent sport? This ain't a office job.

Last edited:
Ref: "Number 56 on the defense hurt the feelings of number 8 on the offense, 15 yard penalty, and number 56 is required to go to anger management for three months."

For all the non-black people that feel this way, on behalf of the black community let me just say find something else to worry about.  At the end of the day, if brothas for whatever reason want to use the N-word, we certainly have that right.  The majority of the people that really feels this way above more so have an issue because "they" can't say the word themselves. 

Also, in regards to Roger Goodell and even the owners that desire to take a vote on this issue, it's real easy to pick on the little person (NFL players..........mostly black players mind you) than it is for them to actually go after a person of their own kind and power status (Daniel Synder and The Washington Diplomats organization).  If Roger Goodell and the NFL owners want to really flex their muscle and take action against a word that is demeaning and is harmful to a sector in America, go after the Diplomats and ask/demand the team to change their official team name.  That would truly show me something.  Don't go after the small fish.........go after the big fish. 

agree with every single word

They said the Jets are considering making a move for DeSean. He's owed 30.5 for his last three years and they had enough issues with Santonio Holmes.

Over/Under on how many times a flag will be thrown because of this? It may be a rule, but I honestly don't see it being enforced.

Yeah I agree with this. Sorta like the NBA's rule where they fine players for crying after a call is made....

...I still see NBA players crying....and I see no fines ever being assesed for it.

Last edited:
Saw a tweet last night that said whenever the Patriots are in that no man's land between punting or kicking a long field goal, Hoodie gonna throw an N-word at the ref for that 15 yard flag so he can punt better.

Funny thing is, Hoodie would absolutely use that rule to gain an edge. Zero doubt in my mind. :lol:

I could definitely see BB doing some **** like that. It's genius.

Seems like Philly just wants to move DeSean. I don't think the draft pick matters. Everything I've read, Chip Kelly doesn't seem to like him and they don't want to pay him. I don't think it's necessarily a bad move for the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom