NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
@AdamSchefter: Oakland Raiders now are expected to trade a 2014 late-round pick to Houston Texans in exchange for QB Matt Schaub, per league source.

How the hell did they get a draft pick for this guy

SWzyL.gif

#NeverForget

@AdamSchefter: Oakland Raiders now are expected to trade a 2014 late-round pick to Houston Texans in exchange for QB Matt Schaub, per league source.

Still trying figure out how jags got one for gabbert..

Some mysteries will never be solved

I would have liked to get him after the Texans cut him but their hands were forced. Raiders need a QB, too much uncertainty with the draft and who knows if Schaub would have chose Oakland after being cut.

Have to see what the terms are before I get any feels about a guy who had 1 bad season on the worst team in the league.

Vick wants Geno's #7 ?
The talk about Michael Vick joining the Jets continues to swirl, though there's a bizarre wrinkle developing according to a report from TMZ.

It turns out Vick's jersey number is going to be a problem.

That's not a typo, folks. "Sources close to Vick tell us ... Mike is very serious about rocking No. 7 next season, no matter which team signs him," the site wrote. "Besides the fact he wore No. 7 in college and all throughout his pro career, Vick also has a clothing line called V7 -- and he's dead serious about sticking with his number. ... We're told the jersey situation is not an absolute dealbreaker -- but it will be a "big issue" in negotiations."

So if Vick can't get his number, TMZ said, he can get more money.

And who happens to wear No. 7 on the Jets? Of course it has to be Geno Smith, who would presumably compete with Vick for the starting QB job later this year.

We're scratching our heads on this one a little, so here are five reason's why TMZ's report is silly:

1. Michael Vick needs a job, not a jersey.

2. Number negotiations take place between players, not with the club. Remember those stories about goods or serious cash exchanging hands when a player wants his favorite number? They don't involve agents or general managers.

3. Vick wouldn't make that an issue, even with Geno Smith, because he'd be seen as a prima donna star big-footing a younger player. He'd quickly alienate Geno supporters in the locker room.

4. Joe Montana changed numbers. Iconic No. 16 became No. 19 in Kansas City. We think Michael Vick would do the same.

5. The only number Michael Vick is concerned about is the one on the contract followed by all those zeros.

If any of this is true :lol: :smh: .

I want NO part of Vick on this team. Especially if he's supposedly going to be given a chance to compete.

Last edited:
I said that a few days ago. I don't want to see Vick in anything but 7. Geno needs to give it up. I didn't know Vick had a clothing line.

Jets giving up on Geno :lol:

Vick will be out by game 3; if I never watched football and only came on NT I would think Vick was a perennial All Pro

Last edited:
If Gabbert went for a 6th, then Schaub should go for a...?

5th and a McGriddle. Schaub stinks now cause his arm is shot and wore out his welcome here. Gabbert stinks cause he's fear-stricken. I don't know know if you can teach a guy not to be scared when DEs are coming after him.

And Geno should just wear #14 so he can be twice as good as Vick or something.

Last edited:

Ok...I ain't a Raiders or Texans fan but how does this make any sense for the Raiders? Dude was coming off the worst season of his career and was owed 10 mil next season, why would you trade for him...the Texans were going to release him. They were just waiting to see if anybody was dumb enough to trad for him. I just don't get it.

I take back everything I said about Oakland making good moves this offseason

For 7th round Pick is a bad move? He makes a lot of money but I guess we needed to hit our cap floor. *shrugs*

I don't think Schaub is that bad. You're trading for a QB that will be cut. It's not even the draft pick, it's the contract you inherit. I think this year it's a 14 mil cap hit. The next two years are a 17 mil cap hit and 19 mil cap hit.

I take back everything I said about Oakland making good moves this offseason

Oh nooooes. Better cancel the season because ballerblahblahblah said something bad about our offseason.

This is football, you can scram with your sensitivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom