NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
“@AlbertBreer: Cap ramifications ... Oakland would carry $11M (base + roster bonuses) for Schaub in '14. Houston saves $4M, with $10.5M in dead $ in '14.”

At first, with the Oakland moves, I was wondering why they would go after aging vets when they're a few years, at least, from building a competitive team. Those guys won't even be there when they get good. Now, with more piling of these players, I'm thinking they're forcing themselves to at least be somewhat competitive. I don't see a playoff team, but it's also the AFC, so you never know. They've done an admirable job to force themselves to be better no matter what form.

Last edited:
 I like Schaub to Oakland. I think it's a good decision for them aslong as they also draft another QB.

Last edited:
 I like Schaub to Oakland. I think it's a good decision for them aslong as they also draft another QB.

Yeah I agree. I think all their offseason moves put them in a position to draft a QB and feel comfortable where he is coming in. Improved line, good young WR core, kept McFadden... Now a good veteran mentor/backup type. Hope they go that route.

Yeah I agree. I think all their offseason moves put them in a position to draft a QB and feel comfortable where he is coming in. Improved line, good young WR core, kept McFadden... Now a good veteran mentor/backup type. Hope they go that route.

Signing these vets buys the rookies they draft time to develop!

Last edited:
It's obvious the Chargers are going to go CB with their first pick, as they should. Because that 2ndary is atrocious.

However, a part of me wonders if we should draft a QB to start developing with Rivers window closing shortly.

Maybe not with that first pick, but in the 2nd round.

I wonder if anyone in management shares my thoughts :nerd:

We shall see

Last edited:
I'm intrigued by the Raiders right now. What are fans hearing/thinking about the Raiders' lean with that #5 pick?

me too. if they were in another division, that turn around could be pretty big this year. expect them to definitely hang and push SD though

Raiders would be crazy if they pass on Mack and he's there although Sammy would be nice too; he's gonna be a stud

I want Sammy. I legit feel like he's the best player in this draft. Sammy/Mack/Clowney/Trade Down....I'm good with any of those.

I'm intrigued by the Raiders right now. What are fans hearing/thinking about the Raiders' lean with that #5 pick?

I'm hoping Mack. A lot of things they could do though, wouldn't be shocked if they trade down again.

That would be a great start for the Raiders. A great one.

me too. if they were in another division, that turn around could be pretty big this year. expect them to definitely hang and push SD though

Yeah, I think they'll be a tough out and be in a lot of games. Their record will be bad because of that division, but they'll be "better" than their record indicates.

I hope they get a pass rusher or QB with that pick. I know Watkins is supposed to be great, but top 5 WR is always a questionable move

I want Sammy. I legit feel like he's the best player in this draft. Sammy/Mack/Clowney/Trade Down....I'm good with any of those.

Love Sammy. However, I'm big on building defense first, before anything else. Also, without a long-term QB answer or a real viable running game, Sammy would be wasted for a few years. He'll have great plays, sure, but the Raiders won't be optimizing his talent because he won't have help on O.

Clowney or Mack would be ideal, in my opinion. Trading down might work, but it all depends on their gameplan with that and who they're after.

I'm probably drafting Clowney with that pick. I'm not taking a QB if I'm Oakland.

Can't believe Schaub is gonna make 10-12 mil this year :x

DEnnis Allen did coach up Von Miller ...hopefully we get Mack and he end up the same 
nerd.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom