NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carr is going #5

Where is everyone who laughed when I said Carr and Bortles would go before Johnny now?

Last edited:
Common sense says he's not a top 5 pick, they can draft him in the second rd or trade up at the end the first for him.

Carr was in a lot of people's top 10 before his bowl game and now he's raising again after his pro day which he did with the flu

If they can't move back and he is their guy they will take him with the #5 pick; Carr is not going to be around in the 2nd round

teams reach all the time.. especially for QBs..

did anyone think ej manuel was going 16th overall last year?

or tannehill at 8 and weeden at 22 the year before?

or christian ponder at 12 the year before that? (gabbert was predicted to go top 10)

I'm sure the Raiders will try and trade back but if other teams start moving him up the draft board than they may have no choice but to pick him at #5

Especially if the Vikings are there at #8 wanting to snag him

Tannehill at 8 was known for months before the draft.

They brought in his damn college coach as OC soon as the season ended, we all knew why. :lol:

Tannehill at 8 was known for months before the draft.

They brought in his damn college coach as OC soon as the season ended, we all knew why.
laugh.gif
people connected the dots.. but it was still a huge question mark taking him at 8

but that's the same thing that happens with all teams when they bring in new coaches.. like there were rumors andy reid was going to try and trade for foles

then everyone assumed we would take jordan (which obviously didnt come into play since he went the pick before us).. but the whole narrative was driven by chip being our new coach.. still i assume if we wanted him THAT badly i'm sure the raiders called and said "we have this deal with the dolphins lined up, what are you guys prepared to do?" and i assume it wouldnt have been that hard to move up 1 spot (yall traded 12 and 42 to move up to 3)

Jeff McLane ‏@Jeff_McLane  13m

Howie Roseman on DeSean Jackson: "He's still under contract." Would not answer any more questions about Jackson situation.

Jeff McLane ‏@Jeff_McLane  7m

Roseman didn't have much to say about possible tampering by Jets owner Woody Johnson, who said his team was interested in DeSean Jackson.

Jeff McLane ‏@Jeff_McLane  6m

Roseman said there's a lot of "speculation" and that he would keep conversations with other teams private.

damn and Howie was a Desean guy; he really had to piss them off :smh: :lol:

Raiders don't need to take a QB at 5 anymore, though. I think they take Watkins/Mack/Clowney/trade down before taking Carr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom