NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep Rapoport tweeted yesterday that'll it more than likely be the Jets or Raiders

Hope it's the Raiders :lol:

Revis vs DJax would be entertaining twice a season tho

Desean is on a one year contract basically that's why any team signing him better be ready to restructure his deal

The Pennington slander.
mean.gif
 Herm should've NEVER had him out there late in that preseason game.
mean.gif

If he gets cut I think Idzik needs to MOVE quickly and make the deal happen. Dude has moving slow this offseason and we need a weapon. I think Desean could give us that deep TD threat.

The Pennington slander.:smh:  Herm should've NEVER had him out there late in that preseason game. :smh:

If he gets cut I think Idzik needs to MOVE quickly and make the deal happen. Dude has moving slow this offseason and we need a weapon. I think Desean could give us that deep TD threat.

Shades of Rex putting Sanchez out there late :nerd: .

I want D-Jax pretty badly, but the future ahead can become very tricky and a massive headache.

You have to take all the factors into account and I'm not sure the financial factors are acceptable to the Jets even if Jackson plays well for them. If having him on the roster makes 3 or more guys peg their salary floor at $10M+ when their deals come due then the Jets almost can't win at that point.

Mo Wilkerson at 10M+, Quinton Coples at 10M+, Damon Harrison at 10M+, Sheldon Richardson at 10M+, Dee Milliner at 10M+ and Jackson at 10M+ and the QB (whether it be Geno or someone else) at 10M+, that's a lot of big salaries and if all those guys are here and Desean Jackson is making 10M+ a year, well that's going to be the baseline they are all looking at.

Bucs about to trade Jeremy Zuttah to the Ravens for a mid-round pick. Not a good decision IMO unless we know for sure Carl Nicks is gonna be good to go to start the season.

Shades of Rex putting Sanchez out there late
nerd.gif

I want D-Jax pretty badly, but the future ahead can become very tricky and a massive headache.

You have to take all the factors into account and I'm not sure the financial factors are acceptable to the Jets even if Jackson plays well for them. If having him on the roster makes 3 or more guys peg their salary floor at $10M+ when their deals come due then the Jets almost can't win at that point.

Mo Wilkerson at 10M+, Quinton Coples at 10M+, Damon Harrison at 10M+, Sheldon Richardson at 10M+, Dee Milliner at 10M+ and Jackson at 10M+ and the QB (whether it be Geno or someone else) at 10M+, that's a lot of big salaries and if all those guys are here and Desean Jackson is making 10M+ a year, well that's going to be the baseline they are all looking at.
Those guys are not going to make that much.

Wilkerson- maybe

Coples- 10mm+ seems really high

Damon Harrison- Why would he cost over 10mm?

Sheldon Richardson- maybe

Milliner- Really?  

Shades of Rex putting Sanchez out there late
nerd.gif

The only players you named that I believe would get 10+ mill on the open market is Mo and Sheldon. The rest of them aren't getting 10 mill of anything. Dee, Couples and Harrison haven't been consistent and they're not breakout stars. Dee especially! Plus that money would be spread out over a couple years so we could make it as cap friendly as possible for us. Jackson would give us something that we just don't have right now, a CERTIFIED #1 WR! No one on our roster would open up things for other players like Jackson would. We need him.  

Last edited:

Wilkerson- maybe

Milliner- Really?  
THIS.
Plus does DeSean want to join that circus with the Jets?
I believe he does. He's tweeted pictures of teams that he wouldn't mind going to earlier in the week and one picture was of Vick while we were in talks with him. Almost like, he would like to follow him here. I know we flirted with drafting him when he slid to the second round, but we pick a kicker that wasn't even on the roster 3 years later.
mean.gif
 Damn you Mangini!

I don't know why Panthers are even being mentioned.  They can't afford that contract.  It'll have to be the Raiders or Jets.

I don't think the Raiders can afford it either after trading for Schaub.

If they really want him they could always restructure Schaub's deal and give him more security to bring in DeSean. I'm sure Schaub would welcome more weapons to throw to.

Bucs about to trade Jeremy Zuttah to the Ravens for a mid-round pick. Not a good decision IMO unless we know for sure Carl Nicks is gonna be good to go to start the season.

Alex Mack [emoji]128064[/emoji] [emoji]128064[/emoji].", Move Dietrich-Smith to right guard. I think this move actually shows they know Nicks will be healthy to start

Our line would be beast as **** if we got Mack but that's too much damn money committed to an OL. We do have enough money to make it happen though.

If they really want him they could always restructure Schaub's deal and give him more security to bring in DeSean. I'm sure Schaub would welcome more weapons to throw to.

Then you're really handcuffing yourself to Schaub. Ehh...

Last edited:
Raiders better off scrapping a trade for Schaubb and instead sign Sanchez.

Wilkerson- maybe
Milliner- Really?  

Wilkerson over the rest for sure. Coples realistically $5-8M, but don't forget he was a 1st round pick in 2012; he may command money if he plays worthy. Snacks Harrison, if he excels again, will command high money, whether it's from us or on the open market; NT is a valuable position. Sheldon Richardson potentially in the same talent pool as Wilk. And if Milliner finds himself and plays like the #9 pick that he was, he'll look to get paid that 1st round money.

Decker, DJax, Kerley, Cumberland, Ivory.. I can mess with it.

Last edited:

No point since Schaub would make DJax irrevalant. Dude couldn't even hit AJ80 in stride or OD and under-threw a good amount of wide open passes.

Maybe it's cause I have seen a lot of Jets games, but I feel like I haven't heard Quinton Coples name in 5 years even though he's only been in the league for 2 years.

Maybe it's cause I have seen a lot of Jets games, but I feel like I haven't heard Quinton Coples name in 5 years even though he's only been in the league for 2 years.

Coples had gone a few games of quiet play. Games where he has 2-5 tackles only.

I probably reached with my $10M a yr comment regarding him. My fix of $5-8 makes more sense. That's if his production increases this season.

Dudes branding though on his arm :x .

Last edited:
Mike Williams is in the hospital after being stabbed in the leg by his own brother.

Welcome to Tampa, Sammy Watkins/Mike Evans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom