NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your point? He didn't play and they tanked the season.

I'm not saying Manning isn't a great QB, just that you certainly can't ever use the "team around him" excuse when Polian spent first after first on skill position players to make him look good and then he went to Denver with the best pass catchers in the league.

they tanked huh? they didnt tank that team was just staright trash minus peyton, reggie... why do you think grigson refaced the whole team?

Last edited:

I'm not saying Manning isn't a great QB, just that you certainly can't ever use the "team around him" excuse when Polian spent first after first on skill position players to make him look good and then he went to Denver with the best pass catchers in the league.

they tanked huh? they didnt tank that team was just staright trash minus peyton... why do you think grigson refaced the whole team?

No, they tanked. They started Curtis Painter the entire season who isn't even good enough to be a backup... And they made no moves to improve the team once it was clear they'd have a chance at #1.

Grigson refaced the team because it was old and declining and they needed to rebuilt for the future, but the talent wasn't as bad as the record.

They tanked like the 76ers.

It's not like Peyton has had a dearth of talent around him over his career.

Every team he's been on was built to make him look good over all else.

what about the 2011 team he was on before he had neck surgery...

dont know what has to do with the o-line or defense.

No, they tanked. They started Curtis Painter the entire season who isn't even good enough to be a backup... And they made no moves to improve the team once it was clear they'd have a chance at #1.

Grigson refaced the team because it was old and declining and they needed to rebuilt for the future, but the talent wasn't as bad as the record.

they actuially started kerry collins, curtis painter, and dan orlovsky, didnt try to tank i watched the games, they were out there workin to win some games. with peyton on that team they still wouldve made the playoffs.

rebuild*

dont know what has to do with the o-line or defense.

Nothing I guess, though he's always had a good o-line too. Denver's rated as one of the best in football all season even after the early injuries.

denver lost that superbowl from the offense, defense, special teams, coaches. a beatdown. the offense put a band aid on the o-line and defense all year. it took until they played an elite defense to be exposed and play from behind. not saying manning has not had good o lines but 2013 was not one of those years. denver got bulldozed and the seahawks won it all. not peyton manning by himself but the denver broncos team and coaching staff. every facet of that team failed miserably february 2 2014 :smh:

they actuially started kerry collins, curtis painter, and dan orlovsky, didnt try to tank i watched the games, they were out there workin to win some games. with peyton on that team they still wouldve made the playoffs.

rebuild*

Pretty sure there was a coach on the Colts
who said before the season "If Peyton goes down we're ****ed, and we don't prepare for ****ed."

I don't think the players gave up, I think management did once Collins went down and they realized they had a chance at the #1.

denver lost that superbowl from the offense, defense, special teams, coaches. a beatdown. the offense put a band aid on the o-line and defense all year. it took until they played an elite defense to be exposed and play from behind. not saying manning has not had good o lines but 2013 was not one of those years. denver got bulldozed and the seahawks won it all. not peyton manning by himself but the denver broncos team and coaching staff. every facet of that team failed miserably february 2 2014 :smh:

Yes they did and it was wildly entertaining :pimp:

Pretty sure there was a coach on the Colts

who said before the season "If Peyton goes down we're ****ed, and we don't prepare for ****ed."

I don't think the players gave up, I think management did once Collins went down and they realized they had a chance at the #1.

so what you are saying is bill polian gave up so he could get fired? yeah makes alot of sense...

Jeff McLane  ‏@Jeff_McLane   16m

Drew Rosenhaus won his grievance against DeSean Jackson, who now owes Rosenhaus $516,415 in unpaid loans and agent fees, per source.

Jeff McLane  ‏@Jeff_McLane   15m

The NFLPA ruled in favor of Rosenhaus, who had filed a grievance after Jackson cut ties with his former agent last spring.

Jeff McLane  ‏@Jeff_McLane   9m

To clarify, it wasn't the NFLPA that ruled in favor of Rosenhaus, it was an arbitrator decision under the NFLPA's agent regulations.

Yes they did and it was wildly entertaining :pimp:

y u do dis :frown:

still hurt from that day |I

Mark Sanchez has really let himself go. :smh:

:rofl: this habitual line steppin

Jeff McLane ‏@Jeff_McLane  16m

Drew Rosenhaus won his grievance against DeSean Jackson, who now owes Rosenhaus $516,415 in unpaid loans and agent fees, per source.

Jeff McLane ‏@Jeff_McLane  15m

The NFLPA ruled in favor of Rosenhaus, who had filed a grievance after Jackson cut ties with his former agent last spring.

Jeff McLane ‏@Jeff_McLane  9m

To clarify, it wasn't the NFLPA that ruled in favor of Rosenhaus, it was an arbitrator decision under the NFLPA's agent regulations.

:lol:

y u do dis :frown:

still hurt from that day |I

I feel for you bro. But yall just knocked out my team. Was pulling for the Seahawks in the worst type of way :lol:

lulz as expected. DeadsetAce DeadsetAce was also somewhere rejoicing :lol: :smh:

Actually that denever defense did it's best until about the 3rd.

That vaunted Denver offense did nothing to help.

Unless you count 40 check downs.

they actually had some good stops but couldnt get off the field on 3rd down. that harvin return broke the camels back. damn, i need a beer :lol: :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom