NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I played football my coach said the first 1 too smack number 84 gets to be captain, needless to say I smacked number 84 :rofl:
This is the same thing....

Sherman and Browner locked up Niners receivers Kyle Williams, Michael Crabtree and Randy Moss, taking some liberties within the five yards of the line of scrimmage where contact is permissible.

"I wouldn't use the words, 'locked up,'" Harbaugh said Friday, via CSNBayArea.com. "We'll take that up with the officials (NFL office) and get their view of it."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...s-going-to-league-about-seahawks-physical-cbs

This afternoon...

...but last week it was this:

"Kevin Gilbride's outrageous, irrational statement regarding Justin Smith's play is, first, an absurd analogy," Harbaugh said. "Second, it is an incendiary comment targeting one of the truly exemplary players in this league. It's obvious that the Giants coaching staff's sole purpose is to use their high visibility to both criticize and influence officiating."

Oh, ok.... :stoneface:

^ I was at the game yesterday and noticed that those 2 CBs get away with a ton of extra stuff, a lot of which is away from the field of play. But I love physical football games so as long as they call it even both ways, Im not going to complain. Dont recall a single PI, holding, or illegal contact penalty on either team.

^ I was at the game yesterday and noticed that those 2 CBs get away with a ton of extra stuff, a lot of which is away from the field of play. But I love physical football games so as long as they call it even both ways, Im not going to complain. Dont recall a single PI, holding, or illegal contact penalty on either team.

Definitely, I'm surprised Jim wouldn't love that type of play. I certainly do, give the DBs a chance

Last edited:
he took a habitual 6-10 team to 13-3 NFC Chip 1 play from SB in his first year with the same team. dismiss yourself

Da hell bro. I just gave him props.

However, as a 9ers fan you should expect a superbowl.

U really gonna be ok w/ just a trip to the NFC chip????

Thats all great the team went 13-3, but let me tell u a story about this one team that my Giants also beat.

They went undefeated up until the superbowl and then lost.

Its greta and I wont take away anything from their succes or the 9ers success.

but if you aint first...

dismiss myself????

shouldnt you be arguing with the texans fans or something.

Unless you wanna have a spirited debate on how my Gmen own your team I'm done.

Fans getting sassy even when their team isnt being ripped on

Gawd!

Richard Sherman is from the Charles Woodson school of mugging the WR 5 yards past the LOS. Dude gets away w/ murder out there.

Richard Sherman is from the Charles Woodson school of mugging the WR 5 yards past the LOS. Dude gets away w/ murder out there.
pimp.gif

Ted Thompson probably sitting there looking at those huge *** DB's like :

24096-racepak-module-megasquirt-steal-do-want-jpg

Top 10 2005:
1. Alex Smith
2. Ronnie Brown
3. Braylon Edwards
4. Cedric Benson
5. Cadillac Williams
6. Pac-Man Jones
7. Troy Williamson
8. Antrel Rolle
9. Carlos Rogers
10. Mike Williams

1. Mario Williams
2. Reggie Bush
3. Vince Young
4. D'brickshaw Ferguson
5. AJ Hawk
6. Vernon Davis
7. Michael Huff
8. Donte Whitner
9. Ernie Sims
10. Matt Leinart

2007 top 10:
1. Jamarcus Russell
2. Calvin Johnson
3. Joe Thomas
4. Gaines Adams
5. Levi Brown
6. LaRon Landry
7. Adrian Peterson
8. Jamaal Anderson
9. Ted Ginn Jr.
10. Amobi Okoye

2008 top 10
1. Jake Long
2. Chris Long
3. Matt Ryan
4. Darren McFadden
5. Glenn Dorsey
6. Vernon Gholston
7. Sedrick Ellis
8. Derrick Harvey
9. Keith Rivers
10. Jerod Mayo

Whole lot of regular going on in these top 10s....

^Its always the same bad teams missing on bad players so it doesnt even surprise me that much.

Last edited:
Ugggggh, Okoye. Every time he didn't step up, all you heard was "He's 19, he has plenty of time." "He's young, he's young, he's young." He's a complementary player at best. The 3rd or 4th guy you add to some studs or something.

Patrick Willis, Darrelle Revis, Adam Carriker, Lamar Woodley and Lawrence TImmons are just a handful of guys who came after Okoye :stoneface:

i'm glad the drafts were brought up. i've always wondered this, but why are teams so hesitant to trade first rounders. the draft has been and always will be hit and miss. a couple of years ago i wanted the texans to trade a 1st round pick for julius peppers to go alongside mario williams in a 4-3. my reasoning was that, what are the odds that a 1st round pick is going to equal the production of julius peppers? trading a guess at potential for a proven NFL player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom