NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious to see where Manziel will land tonight.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Johnny Manziel is in play for the Vikings at No. 8, and that owner Zygi Wilf's brain trust is flying in for a Thursday afternoon meeting where the "call will be made."

It's notable because it suggests Wilf might overrule his football people. There have been signs the Vikes are leaning defense at No. 8, but ESPN's Adam Schefter has also listed them as a possibility for Manziel. We'd be far from surprised if Wilf took the unwise step of inserting himself in the team's draft process.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Cool!

:smh:

Last edited:
@651akathePaul
Not a fan of Johnny eh? or you rather address other needs in the 1st?

I know you didn't ask me but.. I wouldn't be mad at the Manzeil pick.. it's just the fact that Zygi would push himself into making the pick, already overruling the coaches would want to go (assuming the pick wouldn't be the consensus). It will be interesting to see what happens, I've heard hundreds of names thrown around for us as along with many other teams.

@651akathePaul
I know you didn't ask me but.. I wouldn't be mad at the Manzeil pick.. it's just the fact that Zygi would push himself into making the pick, already overruling the coaches would want to go (assuming the pick wouldn't be the consensus). It will be interesting to see what happens, I've heard hundreds of names thrown around for us as along with many other teams.
I hear ya on that.

I wouldnt want the owner undermining the choices of the guys he hired, in their first year at that (coach wise)

I hear ya on that.

I wouldnt want the owner undermining the choices of the guys he hired, in their first year at that (coach wise)

Exactly man, owners need to stay far away and let the coaches make their decisions for the team THEY have to coach. (Shout out to Jerry)

mallett to the texans 
nerd.gif

Jets going defense with their first round pick. Shouldn't they look at a WR? Are there any CBs worth going in the first round?

@651akathePaul

I think why this is a bad move is because Zigi just brough in a new coach...let that coach and his staff put together their team.

Don't over rule them right off the bat. Allow them to put their stamp and system together. If they want Johnny then yes go for it, but otherwise, trust the man and team you hired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom