NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look like we won't even get to hear what they select :smh:

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy told For The Win that the NFL Network and ESPN will pick up natural sound as the players walk on stage, and that the music is more for the players and fans in attendance.

Look like we won't even get to hear what they select
mean.gif
Nevermind, thought you meant something else. Carry on.

Last edited:
http://deadspin.com/the-browns-spent-over-100-000-on-a-study-to-find-the-b-1573536826

The Browns Spent Over $100,000 On A Study To Find The Best QB

The Browns have long eyed the 2014 draft as the time to finally get a franchise quarterback. According to reports from both CBS Sports and ESPN, they spent over $100,000 to commission a thorough analytical study to determine the best QB available. The study's conclusion? Teddy Bridgewater is the way to go.

Cleveland apparently realized pretty early on that 2012 first-round pick Brandon Weeden wasn't the answer for a team that hasn't had stability at quarterback since the early '90s. Jason Campbell and Brian Hoyer last year? Both stopgaps. Between trading Trent Richardson for picks and being very, very bad, Cleveland obtained the assets to get what it wanted from a draft that appears strong at signal-caller. It just needed to decide who it wanted.

This Picture Of Three Browns Fans Is Pure Sadness

We'll assume that their other two buddies, the ones in the Weeden and McCoy jerseys, are mee...

Read more

To that end, former team president Joe Banner commissioned the study at some point in 2013. Banner was forced out this past February, before the study's completion. But it had already been paid for, so why not see what it said?

According to CBS's Jason La Canfora, the study

"[evaluated] decades of successful NFL quarterbacks and [took] all sorts of variables into consideration...and ultimately pointed to Bridgewater having the best success rate of this year's group of quarterbacks."

This puts the Browns in an interesting position. With the fourth overall pick, they could nab Johnny Manziel, who appears to be the consensus top QB available. But if they really believe Bridgewater will be a better pro, they could land him there and weather the scorn of observers who think that's too high. Or they could take another asset at No. 4, and pray that Bridgewater is still available at No. 26. Or they could do some trading. It's a tough call; identifying the players you like is just a small part of a successful draft.

The six-figure price tag is sure to occasion jokes, but $100,000 is a pittance compared to what landing a quality QB for the next decade is worth. If the study swayed front-office opinions, if they draft Bridgewater, and if the pick pays off, that's money well-spent. And if it all goes to hell? The $100,000 QB study becomes just another chapter in Browns lore.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Yup Danny told ****** not to come to the games. And he hunts Native Americans in his free time.

I agree with most he is saying

but...
 The NFL is more of a bottom-line league. If it doesn't affect their bottom line, they're not as concerned.
The NBA moved in because it also was threatening to affect their bottom-line as well

I wont act like Silver and co. did it solely on good morality

100%. that's where i don't agree with sherm. the NBA didn't do this because it's better in terms of being just :lol:

it was a money move

Last edited:
The thing that I don't understand most about the whole Skins debate is that it's people that complain about the name but I'm pretty sure they use N word 100 times a day. Get out of here with that noise.

You can't be halfway with ****.

The thing that I don't understand most about the whole Skins debate is that it's people that complain about the name but I'm pretty sure they use N word 100 times a day. Get out of here with that noise.

100%

Yup Danny told ****** not to come to the games. And he hunts Native Americans in his free time.
Actually, he does. 
Originally Posted by JAYFIEND  

Piss poor deflection tactic. 

Last edited:
How long has the Skins' name been an issue? I remember hearing about it a few years ago and it baffles me because they have been around for a long damn time and it seems like it was never an issue before

What do black athletes or black fans have to do with a team being named after a racial slur? So if they're forced to change the name, you want 15 yard flags for the N word? I don't see the correlation. I don't give a damn either way, the world is too sensitive.

Schefter - Houston is now locked in on its player and is not expecting a trade, per sources. Texans happy to sit at 1 and take player it wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom