NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy **** I cannot be any more pissed off.

I guess for now on every time a quarterback moves outside the pocket the DB's might as well just tackle every receiver on the field. And in the endzone all you gotta do is shove them out of bounds. The **** kind of rules are these?

RGIII 71+% completion today.

Lol. Once again, did you watch the game?
I don't care how he got it, what don't you get? He put a ball ON THE MONEY 30 yards down field to WIN the game.

If it was this easy to have 70+% passing and put up 30 something points then why isn't everyone else running a similar offense???????

Hes getting the ball to the people he needs to get the ball to in order to be successful. That's a fact.  How many bubble screens they run is irrelevant.

this was always my stance on the zone blocking scheme. people discount RBs in this system because they run the ZBS..but if it was that easy, why doesn't everyone do it then?

Holy **** I cannot be any more pissed off.

I guess for now on every time a quarterback moves outside the pocket the DB's might as well just tackle every receiver on the field. And in the endzone all you gotta do is shove them out of bounds. The **** kind of rules are these?

Honestly if more players knew those intricate rules like that then we'd prolly see that way more often in that scenario :lol: See the ab leave the pocket then tackle the wideout out of bounds....funny thing is if the pass were tipped then it would've stood as a legal TD :smh:

I don't care how he got it, what don't you get? He put a ball ON THE MONEY 30 yards down field to WIN the game.

If it was this easy to have 70+% passing and put up 30 something points then why isn't everyone else running a similar offense???????

Hes getting the ball to the people he needs to get the ball to in order to be successful. That's a fact.  How many bubble screens they run is irrelevant.

A whole paragraph of nothing and the question still wasn't answered.

Costly int and a horrible fumble but that 71% sure is impressive to you huh? Lol. Kid threw the ball 8 times in the first half. Let him breath chief...

this was always my stance on the zone blocking scheme. people discount RBs in this system because they run the ZBS..but if it was that easy, why doesn't everyone do it then?

I'm saying :lol: Montana and Young played in the West Coast offense and didn't thrive on long bombs down the field but that doesn't detract from their accomplishments....RG3 leads the NFL in comp % so today wasn't a fluke...not every offense is gonna launch it down the field like Drew Brees every time :lol:

Goodell's dream. Can't stand it, I remember when it was a big deal to throw 300 in a game and 3K for a year. DBs had a chance back then and were allowed to actually play D

I'm with you. Now it isn't as bad as the NBA , but this fantasy football garbage completley changed the game because Goodell will now shape everything in that perspective

Lollll typical jets. I mean wow.

A whole paragraph of nothing and the question still wasn't answered.

Costly int and a horrible fumble but that 71% sure is impressive to you huh? Lol. Kid threw the ball 8 times in the first half. Let him breath chief...

And all that considered he gave his team the lead with 1:13 left on a drive that was ALL him. Any qb save for Vick, Cam, and maybe Romo or Rodgers would even have been able to escape some of the pressure the Giants had on him that final drive....RG3 didn't lose that game for the ******** in the slightest....Santana holds the ball on that first down and who knows if he drives down and scores AGAIN on the Giants...his #1 wr is out and davis got hurt earlier so yea I'd say as a rookie on the road against a very tough defending super bowl champ squad he was impressive today. If the defense wasn't a sieve they probably win that game

Because not every kind of lineman is suited for the zone blocking scheme. Quicker lineman that move well laterally are ideal. Some of the best lineman in the league are not suited for this system of blocking.

He really is. Gonna be interesting watching him in the division

I was super damn impressed

I don't have a preference for the Bucs or Saints and I'd prefer the right call to be made.. but I'm glad Buc Em is unhappy.

And all that considered he gave his team the lead with 1:13 left on a drive that was ALL him. Any qb save for Vick, Cam, and maybe Romo or Rodgers would even have been able to escape some of the pressure the Giants had on him that final drive....RG3 didn't lose that game for the ******** in the slightest....Santana holds the ball on that first down and who knows if he drives down and scores AGAIN on the Giants...his #1 wr is out and davis got hurt earlier so yea I'd say as a rookie on the road against a very tough defending super bowl champ squad he was impressive today. If the defense wasn't a sieve they probably win that game

Exactly. Kid gave the ******** a chance to win the game. What more can you ask?

Dude came up huge on that 4th down and had a perfect throw to Santana on that 2nd to last drive.

Seems like most people walked away impressed by him today except for the usual herb.

As a Skins fan, there's reason to be optimistic going forward. Just gotta get the defense squared away.

Because not every kind of lineman is suited for the zone blocking scheme. Quicker lineman that move well laterally are ideal. Some of the best lineman in the league are not suited for this system of blocking.

it was more of the analogy being, you detract from someone because you think what they're doing is simple. but if it was simple, everyone would do it. if rg3 has a good completion % because he's throwing short and they're scoring that way, why doesn't everyone do that?

ZBS Isn't a plug and play system, ask the raiders :lol:

You need smaller quick linemen that can boogie and are smart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom