NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would the Commissioner overturn it?

His performance was enhanced

:rofl: :rofl:

well he quit school to do coke... but he hadnt done ish for a year and ran a 4.61 with a 39 inch vertical, 10'8" broad jump and huge arms. with seemingly no one at the tight end position this could be a steal for greenbay :smh:

Dude has the potential to be the next Aaron Hernadez. Major steal from a talent perspective!

So Goddell gonna punish Mathis for an apparently honest mistake, but has yet to say a word or lift a finger in regards to the Jim Irsay DUI a while back.
eyes.gif

I retract my statment earlier, this is not cool if he is suspended because of this. Being a father comes first in life and everyhting else comes second and if he had trouble having kids and needed help they should give him a break...

Re: Mathis...  The fertility drugs he took are used in anabolic steroid cycles (from reddit).  
Clomid[emoji]174[/emoji] is the commonly referenced brand name for the drug clomiphene citrate. It is not an anabolic steroid, but a prescription drug generally prescribed to women as a fertility aid.

For athletic purposes, Clomid does not offer a tremendous benefit to women. In men however, the elevation in both follicle stimulating hormone and (primarily) luteinizing hormone will cause natural testosterone production to increase. This effect is especially beneficial to the athlete at the conclusion of a steroid cycle when endogenous testosterone levels are depressed. If endogenous testosterone levels are not brought beck to normal, a dramatic loss in size and strength is likely to occur once the anabolics have been removed. This is due to the fact that without testosterone (or other androgens), the catabolic hormone cortisol becomes the dominant force affecting muscle protein synthesis (quickly bringing about a catabolic metabolism). Often referred to as the post-steroid crash, it can quickly eat up much of your newly acquired muscle. Clomid can play a crucial role in preventing this crash in athletic performance.
Source

Last edited:

So Goddell gonna punish Mathis for an apparently honest mistake, but has yet to say a word or lift a finger in regards to the Jim Irsay DUI a while back.
eyes.gif
Question?

What would you like him to do?

Regardless Irsay is gonna gonna get his money and get paid.
I dunno.

A fine, a temporary leave of absence, mandatory rehab, loss of a draft pick; something.

Goddell has a track record of coming down hard on players in situations like this all in the name of "protecting the shield", in some cases even before the player's situation is resolved.

Why so mum on Irsay though?

Re: Mathis...  The fertility drugs he took are used in anabolic steroid cycles (from reddit).  
Clomid[emoji]174[/emoji] is the commonly referenced brand name for the drug clomiphene citrate. It is not an anabolic steroid, but a prescription drug generally prescribed to women as a fertility aid.

For athletic purposes, Clomid does not offer a tremendous benefit to women. In men however, the elevation in both follicle stimulating hormone and (primarily) luteinizing hormone will cause natural testosterone production to increase. This effect is especially beneficial to the athlete at the conclusion of a steroid cycle when endogenous testosterone levels are depressed. If endogenous testosterone levels are not brought beck to normal, a dramatic loss in size and strength is likely to occur once the anabolics have been removed. This is due to the fact that without testosterone (or other androgens), the catabolic hormone cortisol becomes the dominant force affecting muscle protein synthesis (quickly bringing about a catabolic metabolism). Often referred to as the post-steroid crash, it can quickly eat up much of your newly acquired muscle. Clomid can play a crucial role in preventing this crash in athletic performance.
Source
Okay, reading this I can see why Mathis' suspension wasn't overturned.

Ain't no way in hell a doctor told a pro athlete to take Clomid and told him it wouldn't cause a positive test.

Clomid is one of the most common PCT drugs you take. Anyone and I mean anyone that knows anything about running a cycle knows Clomid will set off a PED test.

I dunno.

A fine, a temporary leave of absence, mandatory rehab, loss of a draft pick; something.

Goddell has a track record of coming down hard on players in situations like this all in the name of "protecting the shield", in some cases even before the player's situation is resolved.

Why so mum on Irsay though?

money talks and walks bro it can clean up any situation...

Last edited:
Ain't no way in hell a doctor told a pro athlete to take Clomid and told him it wouldn't cause a positive test.

Clomid is one of the most common PCT drugs you take. Anyone and I mean anyone that knows anything about running a cycle knows Clomid will set off a PED test.

i guess you can say the two-point conversion was.. no good.

Source

Sounds like the real reason he took it.

That was definitely a tongue in cheek statement from me, but yes he could be good for them.

Nothing on Irsay but Tomlin steps near the field and doesn't end up affecting the play = close to losing first round pick

Almost forgot about Rice....guess that is just being forgotten? No consistency

F Roger, absolute worst

Seems like an honest "mistake" (odd choice of words) with Mathis but looking above definitely needs an investigation by the league. If all checks out hope he is cleared. Not a subject I'm willing to make jokes on

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom