NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one watches the league cause of the owners.

You think the average fan cares it the colts owner gets suspended?

Hell the majority of us here are pretty "hardcore" fans and for the majority don't care.

The point isn't about the fans. It's about a judge and jury commissioner being consistent. When has Goodell ever made decisions based on the fans anyway? :lol: All the rule changes and taking the fun out of the sport.

Jim Irsay hasn't been convicted of anything yet. Until that happens you can't complain.

Ray Rice knocked out his girl a month before Irsay was arrested and hasn't faced league discipline.

Aldon Smith not only hasn't faced league discipline yet but dude played in a game 4 days after doing exactly what Irsay did.

Yall are complaining to complain

Question y'all, got in a heated drunken bar argument with a pal over this last night. What's your definition of a bust?

The discussion was initially based on AJ Hawk. I said AJ Hawk is considered to be a bust given where he was drafted. My buddy said how can you call him a bust if he's put in years of solid production. His idea of a bust is someone who is drafted high and ends up being horrible like a Jamarcus, Leaf, Richardson ect. Now I like Hawk, I want him on the Packers, I think he's a solid player, and most importantly he's never injured and is always on the field. BUT my definition of a bust is someone who doesn't meet expectations. He was arguably the best MLB in college and was expected to be a pro bowl line backer. I don't think his play has warranted being drafted 5th overall and for that I think he's a bust.

Can a player who has still provided solid production be considered a bust? I think so. Thoughts?

damn near every first round pick is a bust, with your expectations then.
But yes i think he is a bust, and living in Mathews shadow

Question y'all, got in a heated drunken bar argument with a pal over this last night. What's your definition of a bust?

The discussion was initially based on AJ Hawk. I said AJ Hawk is considered to be a bust given where he was drafted. My buddy said how can you call him a bust if he's put in years of solid production. His idea of a bust is someone who is drafted high and ends up being horrible like a Jamarcus, Leaf, Richardson ect. Now I like Hawk, I want him on the Packers, I think he's a solid player, and most importantly he's never injured and is always on the field. BUT my definition of a bust is someone who doesn't meet expectations. He was arguably the best MLB in college and was expected to be a pro bowl line backer. I don't think his play has warranted being drafted 5th overall and for that I think he's a bust.

Can a player who has still provided solid production be considered a bust? I think so. Thoughts?
I think that if you fail significantly to meet expectations based on your draft position, you're a bust.  So I agree with you.  Darko Milicic provided years of solid production as a role-playing C.

Alex Smith is also a bust btw.

Last edited:
I think that if you fail significantly to meet expectations based on your draft position, you're a bust.  So I agree with you.  Darko Milicic provided years of solid production as a role-playing C.

Alex Smith is also a bust btw.

Seeing that this was a bar argument you can imagine how much it went all over the place with comparing others from a variety of different sports. But it's funny because I brought those two guys up specifically. He agreed with Milic but disagreed with Alex Smith. Then this **** show convo went from is Hawk a bust to Alex Smith. He said Smith wasn't a bust given how he performed at the end of his SF stint and because he's won a playoff game. I told him I think I get what you're saying :lol:, but there's no way you can be content with Alex Smiths production being picked #1. It's not even a wins and losses thing, its a what is he capable of doing thing. He was supposed to be able to do it all talent wise. You don't get drafted #1 to be a game manager.

damn near every first round pick is a bust, with your expectations then.
But yes i think he is a bust, and living in Mathews shadow

Comes with the territory. You're drafted in front of everyone else because your expected to be the better than everyone else.

Last edited:
Seeing that this was a bar argument you can imagine how much it went all over the place with comparing others from a variety of different sports. But it's funny because I brought those two guys up specifically. He agreed with Milic but disagreed with Alex Smith. Then this **** show convo went from is Hawk a bust to Alex Smith. He said Smith wasn't a bust given how he performed at the end of his SF stint and because he's won a playoff game. I told him I think I get what you're saying
laugh.gif
, but there's no way you can be content with Alex Smiths production being picked #1. It's not even a wins and losses thing, its a what is he capable of doing thing. He was supposed to be able to do it al talent wise. You don't drafted #1 to be a game manager.
Considering the investment that SF made in Smith, and the return they got for it, he's a definitely a bust.

I should add that he's from Cleveland and is a huge Browns fan. We agreed to disagree based off his experiences with busts and that a 1st round pick just being average is something to be content with as a Browns fan :lol:

Seeing that this was a bar argument you can imagine how much it went all over the place with comparing others from a variety of different sports. But it's funny because I brought those two guys up specifically. He agreed with Milic but disagreed with Alex Smith. Then this **** show convo went from is Hawk a bust to Alex Smith. He said Smith wasn't a bust given how he performed at the end of his SF stint and because he's won a playoff game. I told him I think I get what you're saying :lol: , but there's no way you can be content with Alex Smiths production being picked #1. It's not even a wins and losses thing, its a what is he capable of doing thing. He was supposed to be able to do it al talent wise. You don't drafted #1 to be a game manager.
Considering the investment that SF made in Smith, and the return they got for it, he's a definitely a bust.

Bust. 100%. But pretty happy with what we were able to get for him considering. Thank you KC.

nice hands on that catch. that throw would have totally hung him out to dry in a game though :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom